AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:32 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
Was he actually blocking? Did he change any of his old habits?

No. It was pretty unimpressive. Even the shots he landed didn't seem to have the same pop. They had Froch doing a bit of analysis and he seemed very unimpressed.

Anyway, currently on my way to the Berto fight. Ill see if I can get any decent pictures.
06:58 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
S/T
Ha. Broner is currently performing a pre-fight rap song. Reception...frosty.
07:13 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
Ha. Broner is currently performing a pre-fight rap song. Reception...frosty.

roy jones and floyd mayweather on the mic should have taught broner that boxers have no business rapping.

get good seats?
08:46 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
Berto looks like an alien.
08:59 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
that bout didn't play out the way i thought it would, but it was better for it.

couldn't believe the assholes in the crowd who booed berto immediately afterwards. dude gave his all.
11:33 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Star Slight
Berto is swelled but its a good fight
11:51 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Star Slight
Cant believe the boos. Give respect berto was great
06:54 PM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
S/T
This ESPN article sums it up pretty well, and covers a lot of the initial thoughts I had.

My quick thoughts:

- Very impressive stuff from Guerrero. I've seen some of those shots from Berto knock people out.
- I actually thought the inside fighting would favor Berto, as a lot of his knockouts in the past have come from uppercuts, but Guerrero has a great, great chin. He switched up his own style really well.
- I didn't much care for some of Guerrero's tactics, but the crowd (thanks to the referee, mostly) seemed pretty unaware of what was going on and reacted heavily to the warnings given to Berto.
- Berto's shoulder roll/stance in the first few rounds was really bizarre. I assume the thinking was that his short arms/reach disadvantage would be well served by making Guerrero reach, but it was really odd to watch. He just didn't look comfortable.
- I thought the first knockdown (keep in mind, this is coming from a huge Berto fan) was a joke. Not sure how the ref missed Guerrero holding his head.
- Berto let Guerrero push him into the ropes the entire night, but I actually expected that to benefit Berto, and I think later in the fight it did.
- It was complete BS the way the crowd reacted to Berto, in my opinion. Great, hard fighting through ridiculously swollen eyes, but I think the refs warnings (which oddly were given exclusively to Berto, despite Guerrero's holding and leading with his head most of the fight) really influenced the crowd's opinion.
- Berto didn't throw enough punches, plain and simple. If there was one thing I couldn't stop thinking the entire fight it was that he'd be comfortably in the lead if he had just thrown more punches. I think he was trying to wear Guerrero out, but it just didn't happen.

All-in-all it was really impressive from Guerrero. I didn't care at all for the way he kept leading with his head, but he took lots of shots that could have finished lesser fighters. I'd actually be very curious to see Guerrero fight Mayweather. He can't afford to get reckless the way he did in the later rounds against PBF, but if Berto couldn't knock him out I'd be surprised if Mayweather did.

Not enough punches thrown, exhibit 1 around 1:08 - 1:24: http://boxingchannel.tv/anxious-to-g...-over-guerrero
04:19 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
David Dinkins, Jr. and some of his crew are speaking to my Sports TV right now. So cool. We're discussing boxing and MMA.

Also, he offered any of us a chance to work (paid) the Cotto/Trout fight on Saturday if we wanted some experience. I might do it. It would be such an awesome experience.
08:41 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
S/T
David Dinkins, Jr. and some of his crew are speaking to my Sports TV right now. So cool. We're discussing boxing and MMA.

Also, he offered any of us a chance to work (paid) the Cotto/Trout fight on Saturday if we wanted some experience. I might do it. It would be such an awesome experience.

I'd probably do that for free, honestly. Berto and Cotto are my two favorite fighters and the Trout fight should be a good one. Plus, No Doubt Trout is about as cool as nicknames come.
04:33 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
hoping cotto pulls through with a W tonight
03:53 PM on 12/02/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
I think trout is a bad size and style for cotto, at least that's what I'm telling myself, because cotto was pretty mediocre last night and i want to believe cotto has a couple more great fights in him left.
03:17 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
I think trout is a bad size and style for cotto, at least that's what I'm telling myself, because cotto was pretty mediocre last night and i want to believe cotto has a couple more great fights in him left.

nah man i think cotto is getting old

he should fight once more then call it a career

and PLEASE not against canelo
03:27 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
welp here we go again...

dont care who wins just want a KO
02:51 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 24 Years Old
Anyone know what time the Pacquiao fight is due to start for people in the UK?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos