AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

John Feldmann Takes Goldfinger To Australia ... by...

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/03/12)
John Feldmann went to Australia alone due to a rift between Goldfinger members. Stand-ins were Mike Herrera of MxPx, Aaron Barrett of Reel Big Fish and Aaron Stern of DRUGS/Matchbook Romance.
From the InterviewIt's been a challenge, being in a band has always been challenging and the guys and me have are at a bit of an inpass right now, and this tour well I really wanted to come – clearly reel big fish and goldfinger have a long history together. I signed reel big fish to mojo records in 1996, maybe the end of 1995 and RBF even played at my wedding and when I found out about this tour I was really excited to do it and we couldn’t resolve our issues before this tour so I clearly committed I couldn’t just cancel it, like suggested.

Also, when talking about future music from Goldfinger, "I have two songs recorded and about 8 songs written, so asa guy who is clrealy not been one sided ive always had my sights set higher, whatever I accomplish there is always another mountain behind it. I want to stay current, I want to write and produce with artists that are relevant, young, on the radio I want to be part of todays culture and I also want to stay true to goldfinger as a skapunk band but I also want to push forward with the evolution as a producer and keep growing and I just produced an album for a hip hop artist called hitch and it’s a straight up hip hop album you know, rap and I programmed and wrote the music – that being said im not going to make a goldfinger hip hop album but I do want to push the boundaries as a producer as much as a writer and performer."

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14.
12:45 PM on 12/03/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well it's good to know he's going the mature way about resolving any issues he has with the band members!
cooltrybro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Woooo I did that interview. Cool try is my website that I created. Thanks heaps for sharing this Jason.
If its not to much to ask do you think you could credit cooltry.com.au in the post? Cheers
cooltrybro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
John Feldmann went to Australia alone due to a rift between Goldfinger members. Stand-ins were Mike Herrera of MxPx, Aaron Barrett of Reel Big Fish and Aaron Stern of DRUGS/Matchbook Romance.
From the InterviewIt's been a challenge, being in a band has always been challenging and the guys and me have are at a bit of an inpass right now, and this tour well I really wanted to come – clearly reel big fish and goldfinger have a long history together. I signed reel big fish to mojo records in 1996, maybe the end of 1995 and RBF even played at my wedding and when I found out about this tour I was really excited to do it and we couldn’t resolve our issues before this tour so I clearly committed I couldn’t just cancel it, like suggested.

Also, when talking about future music from Goldfinger, "I have two songs recorded and about 8 songs written, so asa guy who is clrealy not been one sided ive always had my sights set higher, whatever I accomplish there is always another mountain behind it. I want to stay current, I want to write and produce with artists that are relevant, young, on the radio I want to be part of todays culture and I also want to stay true to goldfinger as a skapunk band but I also want to push forward with the evolution as a producer and keep growing and I just produced an album for a hip hop artist called hitch and it’s a straight up hip hop album you know, rap and I programmed and wrote the music – that being said im not going to make a goldfinger hip hop album but I do want to push the boundaries as a producer as much as a writer and performer."

Woooo I did that interview. Cool try is my website that I created. Thanks heaps for sharing this Jason.
If its not to much to ask do you think you could credit cooltry.com.au in the post? Cheers
12:59 PM on 12/03/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
That's pretty cool. The last time I saw Goldfinger was with Reel Big Fish this past summer; while seeing Goldfinger play the "hits" was still a blast, the energy felt a bit odd. Especially compared to Reel Big Fish who still perform with plenty of energy, feel relevant, etc. when they're on-stage. Goldfinger felt more like a "nostalgia act." If that makes sense.

Would be curious to see this line-up, though. Too bad it's Australia only. Hah.
01:20 PM on 12/03/12
hippiepunk3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow!!!!! thats a great line-up. i'm not a fan of goldfinger but i would see that line-up.
02:44 PM on 12/03/12
Bryan Mac
Suck It.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is the most poorly-written interview I have ever read. Holy shit.
03:33 PM on 12/03/12
shortymcsteve
User Info.
I tried to submit this as news (not the interview) but i guess no one saw it, anyway, John has not told the fans at all that the other members are not on the tour and there is so many pissed off people. If you go on the Goldfinger FB/twitter page there is a lot of angry fans wondering what is going on. Lots of people saying Goldfinger has broken up and there is even 'Save Goldinger' fan pages.
Their drummer Darrin had to post a message on both the Goldfinger & John Feldmann FB page walls to let at least some fans know what is going on. Message is here. He then goes on to say that it's "Goldfinger drama for days". John really owes the fans an official explanation here..

"ATTENTION: Goldfinger fans in Australia...please note that this upcoming Australian tour will be without the services of Charlie Paulson, Kelly Lemieux and Darrin Pfeiffer. It'll be just John Feldmann and 3 other guys. Sorry for this, I sincerely apologize to all the amazing Australian fans we have."
03:45 PM on 12/03/12
shortymcsteve
User Info.
Hey, thanks for the interview! I just want to give you some advice tho, you should maybe try format things a little better and proof read interviews and articles several times before publishing, maybe even have a friend proof read it. There is a lot of typos, bad grammar, spelling mistakes, wrong words & formatting issues in that interview. Not being a jerk, just letting you know so you can go fix it, made it difficult to read in several parts. Good luck with the website dude!
04:24 PM on 12/03/12
cooltrybro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey, thanks for the interview! I just want to give you some advice tho, you should maybe try format things a little better and proof read interviews and articles several times before publishing, maybe even have a friend proof read it. There is a lot of typos, bad grammar, spelling mistakes, wrong words & formatting issues in that interview. Not being a jerk, just letting you know so you can go fix it, made it difficult to read in several parts. Good luck with the website dude!
thanks man! was a super rush job cause the promoter wanted it up asap! but i fixed it up http://cooltry.com.au/interview-john...of-goldfinger/

thanks for actual constructive criticism!!

Cheers
04:25 PM on 12/03/12
cooltrybro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is the most poorly-written interview I have ever read. Holy shit.
Sorry man! Super rush job to get it up as the promoter wanted it up as soon as the interview was done! but i've tried to fix it up! http://cooltry.com.au/interview-john...of-goldfinger/

hope this little mishap hasn't turned you off cooltry.com.au

cheers
04:26 PM on 12/03/12
cooltrybro
User Info.
01:10 AM on 12/04/12
Pascal DeMaria
User Info.
This entire thread is in need of a grammar check. Learn how to use English folks.
10:18 AM on 04/02/13
murphy59
User Info.
*Learn how to use English, folks.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News