Password
This Thread is Closed.

04:54 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
Come on you LOONS!
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
Saw Will Johnson at the printers in the Marriot Library on campus today. He looked very very sad. So I said "best of luck, can't wait to see you back here in whatever jersey because you've been a pleasure to watch." Gonna miss that Canadian Dirk Kuyt.

Was he too expensive or something? Unless you guys have someone really good lined up as a replacement, why would you let him go?
05:03 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
mattmatumbo
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Salt Lake, UT
Male - 25 Years Old

Was he too expensive or something? Unless you guys have someone really good lined up as a replacement, why would you let him go?

FO Bill Manning said Velasquez and Viana are good enough (behind Grabavoy and Gil) that we could afford losing him to free up cap space. We had to drop 25% of total payroll because we weren't in CCL. WTF, right? MLS needs to raise the salary cap. If RSL is willing to spend it, why the hell aren't other teams?

Anyways: Olave, Espindola, Johnson, Braun, Paulo Jr, Bonfigli, and Reynish were all traded or cut. We aquired Maund in trade for Braun, and signed Attinella.

I'm missing 4 names...

I hope we pick up Casey, lol.
05:04 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
dani1292
@dani1292
Gainesville, FL
Female - 21 Years Old
I feel like United should focus on signing a midfielder over someone like Lewandowski. Priorities, Fergie...
05:10 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
Come on you LOONS!
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
Bolivia episode of Top Gear is on BBC America. The James May death threat is in this episode if I am not mistaken.
05:12 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
I feel like United should focus on signing a midfielder over someone like Lewandowski. Priorities, Fergie...

This is what I've been saying for years but all we do is buy attackers and centres backs!
05:31 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
Colin Clark out of contract, curious to see if we make an offer. We have some young guys so I could see us letting him go. Very serviceable player, wouldn't mind keeping him around but I don't know if we will.
05:48 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
LOL at this quote from mlssoccer.com:

"Still, it looks like Dax (McCarty) is going to find his permanent home as a No. 6. Which, as a US national team fan, makes me happy, because he is very, very good there, and should be challenging Danny Williams for the starting job"

Dax McCarty....Challenging for a starting job at DM??? He's a good MLS player, but with all due respect, are you fucking kidding me? He's nowhere near Beckerman or Jones, not to mention guys like Edu and Torres who can also play that role.
06:08 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Oddpac87
http://www.mixcloud.com/APFC/
Union Beach, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
LOL at this quote from mlssoccer.com:

"Still, it looks like Dax (McCarty) is going to find his permanent home as a No. 6. Which, as a US national team fan, makes me happy, because he is very, very good there, and should be challenging Danny Williams for the starting job"

Dax McCarty....Challenging for a starting job at DM??? He's a good MLS player, but with all due respect, are you fucking kidding me? He's nowhere near Beckerman or Jones, not to mention guys like Edu and Torres who can also play that role.

Honestly, before this season I would have laughed off that quote as well, but he was incredible for us this year. Not saying he should be challenging Danny, but I'd have him ahead of Edu and Torres quality-wise and ahead of Beckerman (and maybe Jones) due to age.
06:31 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
Bolivia episode of Top Gear is on BBC America. The James May death threat is in this episode if I am not mistaken.

What season are they on? Up to season 16 is on Netflix and I want to get caught up. I used to always watch it on demand on fios
06:32 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
Honestly, before this season I would have laughed off that quote as well, but he was incredible for us this year. Not saying he should be challenging Danny, but I'd have him ahead of Edu and Torres quality-wise and ahead of Beckerman (and maybe Jones) due to age.

I just don't see it. And Dax is one of my favorite MLS players, but even strictly talking MLS I'd take Beckerman and Rico Clark over him (I know how much everyone hates him, but he was great for us.) He should get looks, but he's nowhere near competing for the starting job until Jones and Beckerman are out of the picture. And by then, who knows who else will have stepped up, guys like Perry Kitchen could be in the picture.

In a perfect world, Stu would be healthy and ready to fill that role.....
06:59 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
dani1292
@dani1292
Gainesville, FL
Female - 21 Years Old
This is what I've been saying for years but all we do is buy attackers and centres backs!

I mean if coming back from behind is what Fergie wants hahah. You've been too lucky this season. Fuckin Chicharito...
07:04 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
mattmatumbo
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Salt Lake, UT
Male - 25 Years Old
So, I'm going to lose my f****** mind over these equations.
07:59 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
andrewlterry
Real Salt Lake
'merica
Male
So, I'm going to lose my f****** mind over these equations.

I can't believe how fast these roster moves are being made.
08:14 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
mattmatumbo
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Salt Lake, UT
Male - 25 Years Old
I can't believe how fast these roster moves are being made.

Yeah, literally, 1 text informed me we lost 4 players. Today, it's like 10.
08:45 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
dani1292
@dani1292
Gainesville, FL
Female - 21 Years Old
Apparently Klopp has said that Lewandowski is staying at BVB.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos