Username
Password

06:24 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
i refuse to throw them out i still own like 15 of them. so great. rip brian jacques, man changed my life as a kid
right? those were the only books I read between grades 6 and 8. I think those books are the reason I wanted to start writing.
06:26 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
Connecticut
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
BRIAN JACQUES DIED??

xxx
yeah earlier this year or last year. can't remember. i was actually seriously bummed out.
right? those were the only books I read between grades 6 and 8. I think those books are the reason I wanted to start writing.

haha i monopolized them in my school library from like 4th to 7th grade. The Legend of Luke or Salamandastron were my favorites I think. they really solidified my love for reading and books. lovelovelove them. they mean so much to me.

after that i moved on to other fantasy like lotr and The Legend of Drizz't (I know at least one person on this site has read those books)
06:27 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
Albany, NY
Male - 47 Years Old
yeah, I love it, it's so awesome that it even exists and I can be a part of it

I love Jazz and def would like to see you perform, do you have any videos posted ?
Brandon's cousin Johhny (JPBLues) was voted one of the top 100 jazz guitarists to watch like 2 years ago.

Do like Jazz, so that's pretty cool.
Is performing your career path ?
06:28 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Sakarazu
Hello
CT
Male - 17 Years Old
yeah earlier this year or last year. can't remember. i was actually seriously bummed out.

haha i monopolized them in my school library from like 4th to 7th grade. The Legend of Luke or Salamandastron were my favorites I think. they really solidified my love for reading and books. lovelovelove them. they mean so much to me.

after that i moved on to other fantasy like lotr and The Legend of Drizz't (I know at least one person on this site has read those books)

goddammit that sucks. I've heard a lot about the drizz't series should I read it? I still have to read the wheel of time series too
06:29 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member

right? so good, I love those two books as well. It's been over 10 years since I've read one but I might be visiting the library soon so I can get some haha. I remember the books being very detailed and very graphic.
06:31 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
if you want to improve your vocabulary take latin.
06:32 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Sakarazu
Hello
CT
Male - 17 Years Old
I love Jazz and def would like to see you perform, do you have any videos posted ?
Brandon's cousin Johhny (JPBLues) was voted one of the top 100 jazz guitarists to watch like 2 years ago.

Do like Jazz, so that's pretty cool.
Is performing your career path ?

I actually don't have any videos...I should put some up haha. And that's awesome.

And nah, I'm not planning on going into performing. I love it, but I don't think I'd want to do it for a living...too unreliable, and honestly i feel like having to do it to support myself would put too much pressure on me and take the fun out of it. I plan on continuing to do it as a hobby though.
06:32 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
Connecticut
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
goddammit that sucks. I've heard a lot about the drizz't series should I read it? I still have to read the wheel of time series too

i LOVE drizz't. like i read those books so many times if i pick up the books i know what the next sentence will be. like, it's cheesy as fuck, but drizz't as a character really influenced me as a person haha. there's so much of it to read tho, it's hard to tell you to start a 20+ book series.

i've never read wheel of time. i've read the shannara series, the horus heresy series/warhammer 40k novels, a ton of other forgotten realm novels (which is the universe of drizz't), pendragon series, eragon, and probably some other young adult fantasy shit lol. it was all i read for a looooong time
06:34 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
Connecticut
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
right? so good, I love those two books as well. It's been over 10 years since I've read one but I might be visiting the library soon so I can get some haha. I remember the books being very detailed and very graphic.

they had some pretty intense moments for what were ostensibly childrens books. man idk now i wanna reread these haha. i got so bummed when i caught up and had to start waiting to buy hardcovers, that shit sucked for a little kid
06:35 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Sakarazu
Hello
CT
Male - 17 Years Old
i LOVE drizz't. like i read those books so many times if i pick up the books i know what the next sentence will be. like, it's cheesy as fuck, but drizz't as a character really influenced me as a person haha. there's so much of it to read tho, it's hard to tell you to start a 20+ book series.

i've never read wheel of time. i've read the shannara series, the horus heresy series/warhammer 40k novels, a ton of other forgotten realm novels (which is the universe of drizz't), pendragon series, eragon, and probably some other young adult fantasy shit lol. it was all i read for a looooong time

It's still basically all i read...starting to read some nonfiction tho
06:36 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Sakarazu
Hello
CT
Male - 17 Years Old
oh holy fuck the pendragon series i LOVED that shit
06:39 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
Connecticut
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
It's still basically all i read...starting to read some nonfiction tho
i wish i had started reading "classics" earlier. like i've never read the catcher in the rye, somehow. i'm reading the old man and the sea right now and it's the first Hemingway i've ever read.
oh holy fuck the pendragon series i LOVED that shit

yeah haha. i read all of them, even though the last one probably came out like two or three years ago when i was almost a grown ass man
06:41 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Sakarazu
Hello
CT
Male - 17 Years Old
i wish i had started reading "classics" earlier. like i've never read the catcher in the rye, somehow. i'm reading the old man and the sea right now and it's the first Hemingway i've ever read.

yeah haha. i read all of them, even though the last one probably came out like two or three years ago when i was almost a grown ass man

I bought a bunch of fiction/fantasy/sci fi classics this summer that i'm starting on. still reading asoiaf right now though
06:42 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
Connecticut
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
I bought a bunch of fiction/fantasy/sci fi classics this summer that i'm starting on. still reading asoiaf right now though

i was just talking about asoiaf last night. what book are you on?

edit: you should also read hitchhikers guide if you havent/its not on your list
06:42 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
~
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
catcher in the rye was a pretty good book, i give it a B

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates