Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: Interview with The Swellers

Posted by: Drew Beringer (11/30/12)
You can check out PropertyOfZack's recent interview with Nick and Jono Diener (The Swellers) here.
From The InterviewWe were in Rolling Stone. I thought that was cool for a bunch of dudes who put out a record without a label. That is pretty cool and made my parents real proud.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
07:14 PM on 11/30/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
I think its weird that they are acting the EP is a fast/punk/return to form type sound when it really isnt... If anything, its Good For Me part 2, the EP version..
07:20 PM on 11/30/12
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
I think its weird that they are acting the EP is a fast/punk/return to form type sound when it really isnt... If anything, its Good For Me part 2, the EP version..

They've never really said that.
09:16 PM on 11/30/12
knorr45
Jokes on you... we got paid anyway
User Info.
They've never really said that.
A lot has changed from the time that The Swellers signed to Fueled By and now. There wasn’t a great community at the beginning, and now there is. It put you at a weird playing field with other bands and fans.
Jono: Musically, our last record, we took a little turn musically, but it was a cool rock record. With all the other variables happening at the same time, it kind of put a big wrench in the gears. That’s why it’s so nice that we have time to rethink everything. No stress, no pressure, we’re just writing songs. That’s what we used to do all the time until that record. We’re “winning” older fans back. People are surprised that we’re sounding like this again. If people are liking us again or getting into us again, that’s awesome.
11:06 PM on 11/30/12
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
A lot has changed from the time that The Swellers signed to Fueled By and now. There wasn’t a great community at the beginning, and now there is. It put you at a weird playing field with other bands and fans.
Jono: Musically, our last record, we took a little turn musically, but it was a cool rock record. With all the other variables happening at the same time, it kind of put a big wrench in the gears. That’s why it’s so nice that we have time to rethink everything. No stress, no pressure, we’re just writing songs. That’s what we used to do all the time until that record. We’re “winning” older fans back. People are surprised that we’re sounding like this again. If people are liking us again or getting into us again, that’s awesome.

Because they're incorporating old sounds. I doubt they really consider ROoPtG to be on par musically with My Everest.
06:02 AM on 12/01/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Because they're incorporating old sounds. I doubt they really consider ROoPtG to be on par musically with My Everest.
I'm sure they consider the EP to be much better musically and lyrically than My Everest.. as most bands think their new material is their best, and stride for that to be true
11:59 AM on 12/01/12
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
It's an evolution of sound that melds the two together. Personally, I think they've only gotten better over time. No one wants to hear a band make the same record over and over again for the sake of being fast and "punk."
06:19 PM on 12/01/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
So I served popcorn to Nick at the movie theater I work at tonight. Made my night
Where at? i know they used to live in the Linden/Fenton area when I was in high school, but I've lost track of where they're at.
07:53 PM on 12/01/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Great interview, I'm bummed they're taking a little break but it'll be good for them

New album is one of my most anticipated. Especially is it's Ups and Downsizing 2!
08:19 PM on 12/01/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
I work at Saginaw 12. I think Nick lives in Saginaw now when they aren't touring, I remember seeing that somewhere
that's unfortunate for him (and you). i visited sag nasty at the end of the summer, was at a party, and some random thugz showed up and pulled a gun on us because we wouldn't let them into the house. do you know pat badgley? cole holloway? kory feetham? seniors at svsu.
07:46 PM on 12/03/12
kevinjordan
This Wild Life - Kevin
User Info.
These guys were awesome on the AP tour last year. Haven't really checked out their records though :/
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests