AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Several Austin Metal Bands Reunite For One Show

Posted by - 11:34 AM on 12/05/12
Austin metal bands Recover, At All Cost, Pack of Wolves, Employer, Employee, and others are reuniting for one show - "Party At The End Of The World" on December 21st at Red 7 in Austin. Purchase tickets here. Hit the replies for the full press release.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
11:35 AM on 12/05/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Press Release and Full Line-UpSEMINAL AUSTIN METAL BANDS REUNITE FOR “PARTY AT THE END OF THE WORLD” DEC 21 AT RED 7

RECOVER, AT ALL COST, PACK OF WOLVES, EMPLOYER, EMPLOYEE + MORE CONFIRMED

If the conspiracy theorists are right and December 21, 2012 marks the apocalypse, Red 7 will provide the perfect soundtrack, as a cataclysmic lineup of Austin’s metal, punk and rock legends come together for one last blowout show.

Recover, At All Cost, Employer, Employee, Pack of Wolves, Visitors and Assacre are all confirmed for one-time reunions at the party, with sets from the Krum Bums and Spiritual Wives. Full lineup listed below.

With fiercely loyal cult followings, the bands reuniting for the show were extremely influential for many young musicians in Austin, and served as springboards for countless musical careers. “These bands pushed the limits of Austin’s music scene during their time, and sadly, weren’t appreciated until after they had disbanded,” says Red 7 Manager Joaquin Ramirez, who put together the lineup.

Members of Recover went on to form Young Love, who released two successful albums on Island/Def Jam Records, and their drummer, Jimmy Vela, now plays with The Sword. Mike Carrigan (At All Cost) is now touring the world with metal giants Darkest Hour, and Trey Ramirez (At All Cost, Pack of Wolves) has teamed up with Jason Reece (Trail of Dead) to form Spiritual Wives, to name just a few of the seminal scene’s musical offshoots.

Vela, who will play with Recover during a short break from The Sword’s massive world tour, says he’s not sure exactly what it is about his old band’s music that still resonates with so many fans, but he’s excited to reunite with friends.

“We may have just hit the right chord within certain people. We are thankful people still consider us their favorite band,” he says. “We all usually come home during the winter holidays so its fun to be able to have the opportunity to do these ‘get together’ shows since we all live in separate cities. Recover obviously isn’t our main objective any more, but it will always remain part of who we are.”

The show further cements Red 7′s reputation for pulling in seemingly impossible lineups, including At The Drive-In’s first show in 11 years and a recent surprise show from Green Day. “Once bands play here, they get involved with us, and it’s hard to play anywhere else,” says Ramirez. “We love to make the musicians we admire happy.”

A limited number of reduced-price Early Bird pre-sale tickets for the “Party At The End Of The World” are available now via Transmission Entertainment: http://bit.ly/SJ5qdc

Visit Red 7′s website to listen to music from each band performing at the show: http://bit.ly/TajYSa

“PARTY AT THE END OF THE WORLD” LINEUP:
Recover
At All Cost
Employer, Employee
Krum Bums
Pack Of Wolves
Visitors
Spiritual Wives
Assacre
11:38 AM on 12/05/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Holy shit. I wanna go for AAC.
11:53 AM on 12/05/12
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
Damn this would be awesome. I saw AAC in a shitty little pool hall in Philly forever ago.
11:55 AM on 12/05/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
At All Cost?! That's a name I haven't seen in years (besides on my iTunes lol). I remember getting into them and Look What I Did at the same time.
12:03 PM on 12/05/12
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
wheres the jonbenet?
12:10 PM on 12/05/12
signal to noise
User Info.
lacking The Rise. not that I can go to this anyway.
12:39 PM on 12/05/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
They're from Houston. And they should stay broken up haha.
01:13 PM on 12/05/12
PetitnaindesÎles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
i really hope it won't be the last we'll hear from Recover, i remember hearing they would release a new album in 2011. i guess it didn't work out
01:51 PM on 12/05/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
They're from Houston. And they should stay broken up haha.

I disagree. Ugly/Heartless was great, listened to that CD a ton.
01:59 PM on 12/05/12
KillyourIdols88
Standing on the Edge of Summer
User Info.

agreed.
02:16 PM on 12/05/12
mdunn220
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
can't say i'd ever consider recover a metal band
02:25 PM on 12/05/12
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
can't say i'd ever consider recover a metal band
ha, I was thinking the same thing.
02:37 PM on 12/05/12
AndrewFaint
User Info.
02:45 PM on 12/05/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I used to listen to them way back in the day. Had a shirt and everything. I just wouldn't care for a reunion/one off show. They were good for their time though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos