Username
Password

07:51 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
chrisstahl
chris
Louisville, KY
Male - 29 Years Old
I played the first one 8 years ago. I don't keep up with gaming except for the call of duty games, so didn't even know there was a 3rd one coming out. I watched the behind the scenes of it on Xbox live and thought it looked great, definitely gonna Redbox it tomorrow and test it out. I like the idea of an open world 1st person shooter. I read a review that said it's like Skyrim with guns. Anyone play it yet?
09:50 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Nice Try, The Devil
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Far Cry 2 was amazing. Even though it had about a million problems and the missions were basically get from one side of the map to the other (over and over and over again). Still a totally enjoyable experience with an incredible open world.

Sounds like they fixed just about everything for this release.

I picked it up today and gave it to my mom to give to me for christmas, haha, so I won't be playing it for awhile.

I heard the first one had mutants? Which is crazy because the 2nd was so "realistic."
10:23 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
Im building a PC over winter break. I plan to play this as one of the first games I use on it.
10:24 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
Omarion
No Avatar Selected
Male - 28 Years Old
ARE YOU MELDING THE PLASTIC WITH YOUR BARE HANDSSSSSSSSS AND BEAUTIFUL MIIIIIIIIIIND!?
10:50 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
I've never played any of the games, but after watching some gameplay, which looks fucking cool I have to say the game definitely resembles Dead Island.
10:38 AM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
Mering, Germany
Male - 26 Years Old
Far Cry 2 was amazing. Even though it had about a million problems and the missions were basically get from one side of the map to the other (over and over and over again). Still a totally enjoyable experience with an incredible open world.

Sounds like they fixed just about everything for this release.

I picked it up today and gave it to my mom to give to me for christmas, haha, so I won't be playing it for awhile.

I heard the first one had mutants? Which is crazy because the 2nd was so "realistic."

Yes, the original Far Cry had mutants (probably worst aspect of the game) but also had the whole "island" atmosphere, which it would appear inspired Ubisoft to change the setting for number 3. Just so you know, Far Cry was developed by Crytek but published by Ubisoft. For whatever reason, Crytek split off afterwards and started the Crysis franchise (maybe you've heard of it), while Ubisoft has developed every other entry in the Far Cry franchise.

Far Cry 2 was, all in all, absolutely atrocious. Yes, it had some positive aspects such as the setting and the general lack of a HUD, but also so many horrible gameplay development decisions that completely killed all fun to be had in the game. There's a reason I did my second playthrough with god mode activated; I only finished the entire thing a second time because I don't like doing things halfway.

All that being said, I'm also looking forward to Far Cry 3, but will be waiting until the inevitable "Game of the Year" edition with all DLC included. Same with Borderlands 2. My backlog of games right now is large enough that there's pretty much no point buying new ones when I know I'll get a better deal on them in a year.
10:45 AM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 23 Years Old
Do I need to play 1 or 2 to play this one? I've googled it and some people say that you should play them all in order and others say that this one is a completely new story. I really want to get it but didn't play the first one and thought the second was pretty bad so never finished it.
02:32 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
New York City
Male - 18 Years Old
Do I need to play 1 or 2 to play this one? I've googled it and some people say that you should play them all in order and others say that this one is a completely new story. I really want to get it but didn't play the first one and thought the second was pretty bad so never finished it.

This is a completely new story. There may be some allusions to previous games but the story is definitely not a direct sequel.
04:03 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
chrisstahl
chris
Louisville, KY
Male - 29 Years Old
I just hope there is a smoke monster. Or a hatch.
04:04 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
chrisstahl
chris
Louisville, KY
Male - 29 Years Old
I rented it from Redbox today, got home and Xbox says the disc is unreadable. It is not available at any other Redbox's near me.
04:11 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 23 Years Old
This is a completely new story. There may be some allusions to previous games but the story is definitely not a direct sequel.

Sweet! I'll maybe get it this week then. Or possibly for Christmas with Hitman. The reviews are really encouraging considering I thought the second one was pretty bad.
04:11 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Planning on getting a PS3 here in the next couple weeks, this game is 3rd on the list. Looks fucking great.
04:46 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Nice Try, The Devil
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Yes, the original Far Cry had mutants (probably worst aspect of the game) but also had the whole "island" atmosphere, which it would appear inspired Ubisoft to change the setting for number 3. Just so you know, Far Cry was developed by Crytek but published by Ubisoft. For whatever reason, Crytek split off afterwards and started the Crysis franchise (maybe you've heard of it), while Ubisoft has developed every other entry in the Far Cry franchise.

Far Cry 2 was, all in all, absolutely atrocious. Yes, it had some positive aspects such as the setting and the general lack of a HUD, but also so many horrible gameplay development decisions that completely killed all fun to be had in the game. There's a reason I did my second playthrough with god mode activated; I only finished the entire thing a second time because I don't like doing things halfway.

All that being said, I'm also looking forward to Far Cry 3, but will be waiting until the inevitable "Game of the Year" edition with all DLC included. Same with Borderlands 2. My backlog of games right now is large enough that there's pretty much no point buying new ones when I know I'll get a better deal on them in a year.

I had no idea 1 was developed by Crytek but that's extremely interesting seeing as how the first Crysis is my favorite first person shooter.
They should have kept going with it and made a Crysis with a completely open world like in Far Cry.

And I totally agree with your thoughts on Far Cry 2, it reminded me of the first Assassin's Creed in the way that I hated playing it most of the time and was angry more then joyful, yet I kept playing it because I saw all of the potential and I'm a sucker for open worlds. Although in the end I would say that overall I enjoyed the experience (something I won't say about AC).
04:49 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
Almost finished all of the story missions, I can confirm that this is a fun game. It's good at giving you the choice on how you wanna do things, such as if you want to snipe all the pirates from afar and risk the alarm going off, or sneak in, deactivate the alarm and silently rape the pirates one by one.

EDIT: You unlock more guns on the second island, and as you progress through the different challenges. The signature weapons are awesome, especially the sniper.
05:38 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 22 Years Old
I've never played any of the games, but after watching some gameplay, which looks fucking cool I have to say the game definitely resembles Dead Island.

I would actually go for "Dead Island resembles Far Cry 1"

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version