AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Set Your Goals News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Set Your Goals Cancel 12/7 Show

Posted by - 04:28 PM on 12/05/12
Set Your Goals have cancelled its show this Friday, 12/7, at Chain Reaction, due to Jordan injuring his Achilles tendon this past weekend. You can read the band's statement in the replies.

Submitted by positiv-o

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
04:29 PM on 12/05/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
SYG Cancel 12/7 ShowAttn So Cal : We have some unfortunate news, due to Jordan injuring his Achilles tendon this past weekend at the Oakland GK Show we have no choice but to postpone the show scheduled for this Friday Night at Chain Reaction. Refunds will be available for all ticket buyers.

A statement from Jordan is below.

“Huge thank you to the Oakland bay area for making the GK holiday show on Sunday night the most perfect we’ve played all year. It was so indescribably fun and we have something really, really special and creative here! To see it this strong, for so many years now, it’s a really big deal, not just for the bands on the stage but for every one of us personally and as a unit.

So for everyone who was there Sunday night, I ruptured my Achilles tendon in my right leg and I have no idea how it happened. Really weird! But I wouldn’t have been able to play the show without you guys. Due to the severity of the injury, and some surgery and/or lengthy casting that’s going to happen, we will be forced to postpone our Chain Reaction show and for this I’m extremely sorry. We were excited to come down for this show and if it were possible we would. This is in the best interest of giving you all the best show we can. And we promise to do that as soon as we get a make-up date booked.

We’ll post up any updates regarding a rescheduled date once we have it all set via our Facebook, twitter(@setyourgoals) or setyourgoalsband.com so please follow!

The entire band and I just want to thank the whole bay area (our home!), and to everyone (everywhere) who came to an SYG show this year, who made a long drive, who took a second to say hi or share a story, took a minute to hear our songs, and just let us into your year in any way at all. We are so excited for 2013 and we hope we can bring you all a ton of long overdue shows and music. Much love, here’s to the new year and everyone here! - Jordan Syg”
04:40 PM on 12/05/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Hope he recovers fast and this band keeps rolling on. Both times I've met Jordan he was a really nice, humble, and appreciative dude. Wish him a speedy recovery.
05:05 PM on 12/05/12
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
Get Better Jordan!
05:16 PM on 12/05/12
J.Dick
User Info.
Too bad they don't cancel their band.
05:43 PM on 12/05/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Too bad they don't cancel their band.
The dick strikes again!
05:46 PM on 12/05/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
This isn't one of those shows with TTNY, is it?

They should play an acoustic set.
06:11 PM on 12/05/12
Davewinnie
User Info.
is mikey and this time next year going to play the make-up show?
06:26 PM on 12/05/12
Stefywefy215
User Info.
still a bit disappointed but that's just the way the cookie crumbles
06:49 PM on 12/05/12
DemBitties
I ended up as food for wolves
User Info.
If the next album is garbage, I'm going to feel pretty dumb about buying this autographed drum head from warped tour 07 just now. Hope that heels soon. Heard its a tough recovery process. Achiles and a not so great album

So you care about how good the new album is because you want to make an extra pretty penny off of some Defend Pop Punk Kid on eBay?

Word?
08:03 PM on 12/05/12
J.Dick
User Info.
The dick strikes again!

Sorry dude...they aren't a very good band.
09:46 PM on 12/05/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
Wheelchair it! Parkway drive style!
10:16 PM on 12/05/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Sorry dude...they aren't a very good band.
All good man. I enjoy this band but their last album was a bore.
10:54 PM on 12/05/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
i am a big fan of SYG...
they are one of the best live shows, they have worked their asses off and are still very DIY and have been.

The last album - which came out quite some time ago btw, may not have been their best, but okay so what? Brand New's Daisy wasn't the best either, Midtown's last album wasn't even close to their best either...

i just wish this show would have been able to happen.

- Gunz
11:05 PM on 12/05/12
shawnPLAGUES
Steve Holt is a bastard.
User Info.
This isn't one of those shows with TTNY, is it?

They should play an acoustic set.
This was actually going to be TTNY's last show. I wonder if they'll wait to play the rescheduled show, or just do some other show as their last.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos