Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Broadway Calls Announce 2013 Tour

Posted by: Drew Beringer (12/06/12)
Broadway Calls will be taking Silver Snakes out on the road with them in 2013. Co-headliners Red City Radio and Mixtapes picking up dates along the way. Full details and dates in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
09:49 AM on 12/06/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
BROADWAY CALLS ANNOUNCES 2013 HEADLINING TOUROregon punk trio Broadway Calls will hit the road in January for a headlining U.S. tour in support of the release of their long-awaited full-length album, Comfort/Distraction, which is due out in North America on February 5 via No Sleep Records. Los Angeles based rock band Silver Snakes will be touring in support with co-headliners Red City Radio and Mixtapes picking up dates along the way. Check you local box office for tickets.

Broadway Calls recently teamed up with No Sleep Records with plans to release their third studio album, Comfort/Distraction, on February 5. Recorded at the legendary Blasting Room in Ft. Collins with producer Bill Stevenson (NOFX, Rise Against, Descendents), Comfort/Distraction features eleven rolicking punk rock anthems, including the new song “Lucky Lighter,” which is streaming now at http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2964972.

Fans are invited to pre-order the new album today at https://www.nosleepstore.com/artist/broadway-calls.

Stay tuned to https://www.facebook.com/broadwaycalls and https://www.facebook.com/MixtapesOhio for news and updates regarding Comfort/Distraction.

Broadway Calls Tour Dates:
Jan 17 - San Francisco, CA - Thee Parkside (w/Silver Snakes)
Jan 18 - Canoga Park, CA - Cobalt Cafe (w/Silver Snakes)
Jan 19 - Fullerton, CA - Slidebar (w/Silver Snakes)
Jan 20 - Mesa, AZ - Nile Underground (w/Silver Snakes)
Jan 21 - Albuquerque, NM - Gasworks (w/Silver Snakes)
Jan 22 - Midland, TX - Pine Box (w/Silver Snakes)
Jan 23 - Oklahoma City, OK - VDZ (w/Silver Snakes)
Jan 24 - St. Louis, MO - Fubar (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio)
Jan 25 - Nashville, TN - The End (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio)
Jan 26 - Decatur, AL - Excalibur (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio)
Jan 27 - Tampa, FL - Transitions (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio)
Jan 28 - Miami, FL - Talent Farm (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio)
Jan 29 - Jacksonville, FL - Phoenix Taproom (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio)
Jan 30 - Wilmington, NC - Soapbox Laundrolounge (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio)
Jan 31 - Richmond, VA - Strange Matter (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio)
Feb 1 - Brooklyn, NY - Knitting Factory (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio)
Feb 2 - Boston, MA - T.T. the Bear’s Place (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio, The Borderlines)
Feb 3 - Philadelphia, PA - The Barbary (w/Silver Snakes, Red City Radio)
Feb 4 - Cleveland, OH - Pirates Cove (w/Mixtapes)
Feb 5 - Chicago, IL - Reggies (w/Mixtapes)
Feb 7 - Denver, CO - Marquis Theatre (w/Silver Snakes)
Feb 8 - Salt Lake City, UT - Kilby Court (w/Silver Snakes)
Feb 11 - Portland, OR - Backspace

For More Information:
https://www.facebook.com/broadwaycalls
https://twitter.com/broadwaycalls
http://nosleeprecords.com/
09:55 AM on 12/06/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
So confused about that Portland date. I've heard that Go Radio is going to be on it, which I'd love. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
10:23 AM on 12/06/12
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
So confused about that Portland date. I've heard that Go Radio is going to be on it, which I'd love. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
I highly doubt what you've heard is true. It would make zero sense for Go Radio to be on this tour and if they were on it they would be headlining it and almost certainly announced already. Go support your local music scene and see Broadway Calls anyway. They are extremely nice dudes that need/deserve the support.
10:28 AM on 12/06/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I highly doubt what you've heard is true. It would make zero sense for Go Radio to be on this tour and if they were on it they would be headlining it and almost certainly announced already. Go support your local music scene and see Broadway Calls anyway. They are extremely nice dudes that need/deserve the support.
Haha I'd be much happier if it was a Go Radio headliner. The reason I say that is because a good number of venues and smaller music sites released dates early listing Go Radio as the headliner. But yeah, it's an odd tour lineup for sure.
I just haven't listened to Broadway Calls yet, so I don't know if I want to go on a school night to see a band I may or may not like.
10:35 AM on 12/06/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Haha I'd be much happier if it was a Go Radio headliner. The reason I say that is because a good number of venues and smaller music sites released dates early listing Go Radio as the headliner. But yeah, it's an odd tour lineup for sure.
I just haven't listened to Broadway Calls yet, so I don't know if I want to go on a school night to see a band I may or may not like.

You understand that we live in a time where you can check out bands on the Internet to make such decisions, correct? Haha. Go check 'em out. If you dig pop-punk of any sort you'll probably enjoy 'em. Personally, they remind me of early Green Day, the Ataris, the Menzingers, shit like that.
10:36 AM on 12/06/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Line-up is rad! I just wish Mixtapes were on a few more dates. Mostly, though, just Boston. Hah.
10:41 AM on 12/06/12
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
I wish Red City Radio could have made it up to the NW. Hopefully Broadway Calls will play longer on the dates without RCR.
10:59 AM on 12/06/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
You understand that we live in a time where you can check out bands on the Internet to make such decisions, correct? Haha. Go check 'em out. If you dig pop-punk of any sort you'll probably enjoy 'em. Personally, they remind me of early Green Day, the Ataris, the Menzingers, shit like that.
Really?!?!? Mind = blown.

Nah, the thing is that I'm not really all that into the "true" pop-punk bands. Just going off the reviews and comparisons I've heard, they're not really going to be my thing. But if they were on tour with a band I really liked, I'd give them a shot.
11:15 AM on 12/06/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
I actually really wanted Dead To Me to be on this tour, haha. But I'll take I Call Fives (if they make the trek out west).
11:16 AM on 12/06/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Really?!?!? Mind = blown.

Nah, the thing is that I'm not really all that into the "true" pop-punk bands. Just going off the reviews and comparisons I've heard, they're not really going to be my thing. But if they were on tour with a band I really liked, I'd give them a shot.

I feel like their music is pretty accessible to fans of different "subgroups" of pop punk. But hey, you like what you like. If you do decide to give them a shot though, check out "Good Views Bad News."
11:37 AM on 12/06/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
There will also probably (hopefully) be a Seattle date at some point. Originally it was scheduled for the 2/10, but then they realized that's the night of the Menzingers/HWM show and most likely everyone would go to that show so said they'd reschedule it =)
01:02 PM on 12/06/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I feel like their music is pretty accessible to fans of different "subgroups" of pop punk. But hey, you like what you like. If you do decide to give them a shot though, check out "Good Views Bad News."
I'll give them a shot at some point.
Thanks for the rec too!
01:33 PM on 12/06/12
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
User Info.
I'll probably make it out to the Slidebar show.
02:20 PM on 12/06/12
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
Hoping to make it out to the Brooklyn a show. It's a rare occasion that Broadway Calls makes it out east. I haven't seen them since Warped '08. I'd like to fix that.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests