AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Yellowcard News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Yellowcard to Release "Awakening" Video on Monday

Posted by - 11:17 AM on 12/07/12
Yellowcard's music video for "Awakening" will premiere on MTV Buzzworthy on December 10th at 6am.
Message from Ryan KeyMTV Buzzworthy will be premiering our new music video for ‘Awakening’ on December 10th at 6am EST! This our first ever animated video, and it’s the first treatment that I’ve written myself.

We saw an animated OutKast video telling a tour story recently and loved the concept. We did something similar for MTV years ago and used the best tour story we had. So I had to think of something new. I heard a story a long time ago about a band member getting left at a truck stop and having to hitch hike to the next town to make the show. So I wrote Yellowcard into the story. The high five rules. Hope you guys enjoy!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
11:29 AM on 12/07/12
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
Nice. This song was my wake up alarm on my phone.
11:45 AM on 12/07/12
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
Second favorite song from the new album, right behind Always Summer. I still wish they'd play more Paper Walls live though, but I guess I missed seeing them at that point in their career. :(
11:47 AM on 12/07/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Looking forward to this video, though the declining relevance of music videos themselves is a whole other story.
11:49 AM on 12/07/12
Ismael182
I'd love to turn you on
User Info.
Cool, but they never release my favorites as singles/music videos EVER.
11:57 AM on 12/07/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Sounds like an awesome concept! Plus I love the song.

Also, this song would be one that I would be totally fine to see a live music video for.
12:05 PM on 12/07/12
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
Probably my favorite song from Southern Air.
12:43 PM on 12/07/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
My favourite often Southern Air, this songs already means a lot to me. Can't wait for the video.
12:46 PM on 12/07/12
Hotpants182
User Info.
beautiful song
12:49 PM on 12/07/12
boomer08
User Info.
Second favorite song from the new album, right behind Always Summer. I still wish they'd play more Paper Walls live though, but I guess I missed seeing them at that point in their career. :(
Almost nobody did. I think they only went on one full band tour between the release of Paper Walls and the hiatus. On that tour (at least on the live album) they played The Takedown, Fighting, Keeper, Light Up the Sky and Shadows and Regrets. And since they've come back, I've also seen them play Shrink the World, Five Becomes Four and Cut Me Mick, plus I saw a video of them playing Dear Bobbie acoustic in Japan I think.

That's most of the album, which is pretty impressive considering how many albums they have to pull from.

I also saw them play Gifts and Curses live which was really surprising/outstanding!
12:58 PM on 12/07/12
icynova
User Info.
Almost nobody did. I think they only went on one full band tour between the release of Paper Walls and the hiatus. On that tour (at least on the live album) they played The Takedown, Fighting, Keeper, Light Up the Sky and Shadows and Regrets. And since they've come back, I've also seen them play Shrink the World, Five Becomes Four and Cut Me Mick, plus I saw a video of them playing Dear Bobbie acoustic in Japan I think.

That's most of the album, which is pretty impressive considering how many albums they have to pull from.

I also saw them play Gifts and Curses live which was really surprising/outstanding!
Jealous! I walways play the song "Paper Walls" on the drive home from a concert. I know they'll never play it since they have so many other songs that more people want to see, but it's still my favorite song of theirs.
01:05 PM on 12/07/12
boomer08
User Info.
Jealous! I walways play the song "Paper Walls" on the drive home from a concert. I know they'll never play it since they have so many other songs that more people want to see, but it's still my favorite song of theirs.
Yeah that's a great song. That would be rad to hear live. I almost shit when they played "Cut Me, Mick" on the WYTTSY tour. That song is my definition of "perfect music" and I was screaming when they started playing it like most people scream when they start "Ocean Avenue."
01:06 PM on 12/07/12
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
User Info.
Awesome choice! Let's hope for some radio play!
01:16 PM on 12/07/12
icynova
User Info.
Yeah that's a great song. That would be rad to hear live. I almost shit when they played "Cut Me, Mick" on the WYTTSY tour. That song is my definition of "perfect music" and I was screaming when they started playing it like most people scream when they start "Ocean Avenue."
Good choice. I'm going to end up listening to that album on my way home from work now, I know it.
01:20 PM on 12/07/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
If pop punk was still on the radio all the time this album would have been huge. Saying that though it did really well anyway! Excited to see Yellowcard animated

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos