Username
Password
Road Runner Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Road Runner Records
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: The Amity Affliction

Posted by: Jake Denning (12/08/12)
You can check out our interview with The Amity Affliction here. The band is currently touring in support of their brand new album, Chasing Ghosts, which hit #1 in Australia.
From The InterviewI'm pretty vehemently anti-Christian, I think it's an absolutely disgusting practice to force that on kids - I'm happy for other people if they'd like to be Christian, as long as they find their own way there. When it's being forced on you, I think it's disgusting.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22.
06:04 PM on 12/08/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
TAA is one of my alltime favorite bands but I admit, though I am not very strict, I am Christian which makes some of his lyrics hard to relate to.
06:42 PM on 12/08/12
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
Im a strong Christian but i still listen to TAA and think theyre one of the best bands there is. Extremely underrated.
07:59 PM on 12/08/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
Fantastic band. Massively underrated outside of Australia
12:19 AM on 12/09/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Very nice band. Cool that they're being featured on ap.net

I very much agree with their position right there. I'm not too anti-Christian because I still have some good memories attached to my old faith. Not to mention, the nicest person that I've ever known was a true believer. I'm proud of who she is, even if I no longer believe in God.
07:33 AM on 12/09/12
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
I don't know who this band is, but I am a fan of their views
09:35 AM on 12/09/12
alexpoopy
I wait in 4/4 time.
User Info.
I've never heard of this band, but some of this guy's answers are really short and make it seem like he doesn't really care that he's being interviewed.
01:23 PM on 12/09/12
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
I've never heard of this band, but some of this guy's answers are really short and make it seem like he doesn't really care that he's being interviewed.
some people just arent good interviewees.
01:35 PM on 12/09/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
I do agree a lot with his views.
I am catholic because of the school I attended but probably consider myself an atheist now from having it forced upon me there.
I'm not anti-Christian but think people should have these things forced down their throat (no pun intended, with the priest pedo issues)

In saying that. Never really picked out many religious lyrics though. I always notice a lot on suicide recovery and depression
01:38 PM on 12/09/12
Jake Denning
@Jake_Denning
User Info.
some people just arent good interviewees.
I do alright. Joel is a rather shy person, and he opened up to me more than he does with others. Both of us had a good time.
02:11 PM on 12/09/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I do alright. Joel is a rather shy person, and he opened up to me more than he does with others. Both of us had a good time.
I read the comment as saying Joel isn't very good at interviews, not you. But I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm glad to see an Aussie band being put into the spotlight. Their success in Oz is pretty impressive and should translate overseas more and more.
02:19 PM on 12/09/12
Jake Denning
@Jake_Denning
User Info.
I read the comment as saying Joel isn't very good at interviews, not you. But I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm glad to see an Aussie band being put into the spotlight. Their success in Oz is pretty impressive and should translate overseas more and more.
You're right, I guess I just read that wrong. Some people are just shy. Ed Sheeran was pretty shy on record, but was fine the rest of the time.
02:24 PM on 12/09/12
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
Oh no I wasn't knocking you at all. I thought the questions were fantastic and that they lead to more more nuanced answers. I was saying that, at least in my experience, some people just don't make for good interviews, no matter how well the questions were asked.
04:32 PM on 12/09/12
EmoErk
User Info.
i dont have a problem with you if you believe in god, i dont have a problem with you if you dont believe in god. I do have problems with you if you feel it is your job or life purpose to tell everyone about your belief or lack there of in god.
05:01 PM on 12/09/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I do agree a lot with his views.
I am catholic because of the school I attended but probably consider myself an atheist now from having it forced upon me there.
I'm not anti-Christian but think people should have these things forced down their throat (no pun intended, with the priest pedo issues)

In saying that. Never really picked out many religious lyrics though. I always notice a lot on suicide recovery and depression
I've always noticed a good amount. "There is no God who can hear you! Just a sky full of stars!!" And "there is no afterlife, you don't come back from death."
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests