AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: The Company We Keep Vocalist Announcement, Song Clip

Posted by - 11:31 PM on 12/09/12
After parting ways with their original vocalist, The Company We Keep (members of Motion City Soundtrack, The Receiving End Of Sirens, Misery Signals) went right back to work, auditioning new singers and tracking new songs. The result: Alabama-native Haden Brightwell, a 21-year-old sure to make an impact right away. Hit the replies to read about the band's upcoming plans and hear a clip of "Rabbit Without A Hat," a song from the band's forthcoming LP.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40
11:31 PM on 12/09/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Rabbit Without A Hat (demo clip)

InterviewAfter only one EP and a few tours, you parted ways with your original vocalist - what was your process moving forward?

Brian: Obviously with Amy leaving we had a hole to fill. We decided to release a statement inviting people to send email auditions so we could survey a broader range of people outside of our immediate group of friends/musicians. Over the course of 3-4 months we had many talented people send us videos and/or mp3s, and then we followed up with having a select few record a version of one of our previously recorded songs. In the meantime, we continued to write and demo new songs so we wouldnt be sitting idle.

How did Haden first appear on the band's radar?

Haden was one of the first people to reach out to us. She sent some videos of her former band, and we were instantly blown away. We quickly had her record her own version of one of our songs to see how her voice would mix with our band, and it didnt take long for us all to agree she had to be the singer of this band. We spent a few months sending music back and forth and working on ideas long distance, while planning a trip to MI for her, so we could record music in person. We had all pretty much decided that we wanted Haden in this band before she even arrived, and then were even more blown away by her by the time we finished these new demos.

Is this a continuation of the Making Moves sound or a reinvention of sorts?

To me, its a continuation, but anyone not in this band will most likely disagree. Most of the songs we will include on an LP will be songs that were already in the works when we recorded the Making Moves 7", but made the decision to save these songs for an LP. I'm proud of the songs on the 7", but i fear they gave the wrong impression of what this band truly is. I cant wait to get moving on the tracking of an LP so we can show everyone the music we've been working on for the past 3 years.

Haden, give us your backstory - how'd you end up with these knuckleheads?

Haden: Well, long story short... I was in a band for almost four years, made an album, toured, etc. All of that came to an end about a year and a half ago, and since, I haven't done much musically. I was at work a few months back and was scrolling through Twitter and saw an AP post about TCWK losing their singer and looking for a replacement. I immediately looked up the band to get a feel for the sound. After hearing 2 songs I sent an email to them consisting of a few live videos and tracks from my former band. Within 30 minutes of sending the email Brian responded. So like he said before, from there we stayed in contact, i learned a few songs, and then I went to Michigan to make it all happen. I couldn't be happier with the outcome of it all!!

What are the band's upcoming plans?

Brian: Our immediate goal is to record an album. We're hoping to find an interested label and/or producer and get to work. TCWK has been writing songs for over 3 years, and we want to get them out into the world. Depending on when and where we make a record, we may do a short tour as a result, but our immediate plan is to record music as soon as possible.

Anything you'd like to add?

While typing the answers to these questions, I forgot i put a kettle on the stove. All the water has since evaporated, and my kitchen is full of smoke and the smell of a burning kettle. THANKS A LOT JACK.
11:38 PM on 12/09/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Didn't this girl used to bang Andy Jackson?
11:55 PM on 12/09/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Woah... Hot.
12:47 AM on 12/10/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I think I'm in love.
12:55 AM on 12/10/12
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
That's one of the weirdest supergroups I've heard of. All completely different bands, consider me interested.
word
01:13 AM on 12/10/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
"I'm an aspiring model/singer from Alabama"

google images delivers
01:36 AM on 12/10/12
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
Beautiful and talented. And that's just Brian Southall.

Can't wait to hear more.
01:36 AM on 12/10/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
she sounds halfway between Hayley Williams and the VersaEmerge chick

EDIT: Definitely has a Tonight Alive voice
02:22 AM on 12/10/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Beautiful and talented. And that's just Brian Southall.

Can't wait to hear more.
This is why you're my favorite.
03:37 AM on 12/10/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I think I prefer her to the last girl and this clip to anything on the Making Moves thing. I'm exited to get an album anyway.
04:32 AM on 12/10/12
Samprattsap
User Info.
Holy hot.
05:46 AM on 12/10/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Sounds good. Interested in hearing more.
05:50 AM on 12/10/12
Petitnaindes╬les
Kaneki-kun, BON APP╔TIT
User Info.
she's even hotter than the previous singer and the clip sounds promising. it's a win
05:59 AM on 12/10/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Sounds great.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT