Password

08:38 PM on 12/07/12 
User Info.
abbysmith
Que será será
Boston, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
Announced at the VGAs.

You can view the trailer here. I don't know about you guys but I'm super pumped.
12:46 AM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
Tempe
Male - 24 Years Old
My body is ready to be brutally killed by this game.
05:18 AM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Best news ever.
05:38 AM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Still only an hour into the first :/
07:51 AM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
Pittsburgh
Male - 25 Years Old
Demons Souls // Dark Souls are my favorite games. I have like 500+ hours of playtime on various Dark Souls characters, but that trailer just seemed off to me. Looks gorgeous but didn't feel look/like a Dark Souls game.
07:58 AM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
I am Mick
Pittsburgh
Male - 25 Years Old
Annd now even less excited

Quote:
As we find out in issue 249, the answers to these questions are in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable. But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters. “I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle,” he tells us. “[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable.” We sympathise if that sort of statement concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls. How it gets there is a worthy matter for debate, but it’s certainly a noble task.

Dark Souls is so great because of it's subtlety and complexity. Sounds like they just want to make a Skyrim game
05:38 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
Tempe
Male - 24 Years Old
Still only an hour into the first :/

God, you need to fix that. Game is amazing.
06:58 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old

Dark Souls is so great because of it's subtlety and complexity. Sounds like they just want to make a Skyrim game

Fuck those guys, did they even play the first one?
08:45 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old

As little as I've played Dark Souls, I can pretty easily say that we don't want Elder Scrolls or Dark Souls in the same sentence. :/
09:23 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
If they're nerfing the difficulty, then it's not even worth it.
06:29 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
abbysmith
Que será será
Boston, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
If they're nerfing the difficulty, then it's not even worth it.
I doubt they will. I'm sure they're smart enough to realize that the difficulty is what makes people love it so much. Even if they change the feel to something more Elder Scrolls-y (which, in my opinion, would suck) I really doubt they'd nerf the difficulty.
06:38 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
I am Mick
Pittsburgh
Male - 25 Years Old
"Making it more accessible" is what worries me most. Dark Souls has such a crazy huge story to it that people wouldn't ever get without actually reading item descriptions/getting secret NPC's. I don't want a strict bad guy and cut scenes spelling the story out. i liked really digging for the story.

It looks like Kalameet (one eyed dragon/an optional boss in the DLC) in the trailer, which makes me assume this might be a prequel which could be cool.
11:48 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
abbysmith
Que será será
Boston, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
"Making it more accessible" is what worries me most. Dark Souls has such a crazy huge story to it that people wouldn't ever get without actually reading item descriptions/getting secret NPC's. I don't want a strict bad guy and cut scenes spelling the story out. i liked really digging for the story.

It looks like Kalameet (one eyed dragon/an optional boss in the DLC) in the trailer, which makes me assume this might be a prequel which could be cool.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I like the minimalist plot too. I think that when game developers say these things, though, it's never as extreme as everyone thinks. It'll be a little different, but I'm sure despite that it'll still have that Dark Souls feel.
08:39 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
so what do you guys think Jessica Alba was on?
12:40 PM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
New pictures released: http://imgur.com/a/SY04B

Also they're debuting 12 minutes of gameplay tomorrow. GET STOKED... GET DEAD.

Edit: Gameplay actually released TODAY. Here's the link: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10...12-minute-demo

I can't watch it right now, but I can't wait to.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos