AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Patent Pending Covers Blink 182's "Enema of...

Posted by - 06:13 AM on 12/13/12
You may have noticed a glaring omission from Patent Pending's Spring Break '99 EP. Sure, they covered such classic artists as Limp Bizkit, Backstreet Boys and Smash Mouth, but when I think of music from 1999, Blink 182's Enema of the State is the first to come to mind. Rather than choose one song from the pop punk classic, Patent Pending recorded a medley of all 12 tracks. Due to legal complications, the band is giving the song away for free. Head to the replies to stream and download the medley.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 61
06:13 AM on 12/13/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Enema of the State (Blink 182 cover)

Download the MP3 Here {Right click, Save as)

Pick up Spring Break 99 from Amazon or iTunes.
06:28 AM on 12/13/12
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
For me, Black Sails in the Sunset is the first thing that jumps to mind when I hear 1999.
06:31 AM on 12/13/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
pretty cool
06:32 AM on 12/13/12
ChaseTx
I'm a little disappointed that it's mostly just the singles, but still pretty cool.
06:33 AM on 12/13/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Not bad. I would've preferred if they didn't keep coming back to the What's My Age Again chorus.
06:36 AM on 12/13/12
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
I really want to like this, but... something is just off about it. I feel like it would have been better if they just covered one of the songs. Nice attempt though.
06:38 AM on 12/13/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
Surprised, this is so good.
06:43 AM on 12/13/12
fenderstrat383
Kenneth Doolittle
User Info.
I highly approve of this, but where's Dysentery Gary?!
06:45 AM on 12/13/12
rekker94
User Info.
I actually like this. Even if it is a medley, its really good.
06:49 AM on 12/13/12
DooDooBird
User Info.
I don't understand. What is the point of this?
06:54 AM on 12/13/12
Tucker SL!
Secret Lives! / Tucker
User Info.
"due to legal confusion..?" why would a band try to sell something like this? maybe it's just me but doing a medley of an album with no artistic changes (other than making mashing it up into a medley) doesn't seem like something that should even be attempted to be sold..? aside from that, this was okay.. i dunno how you can start an 'Enema of the State' medley with anything but 'Dumpweed.' Also, this felt more like a medley of the radio singles rather than the entire album with just hints at the remaining tracks. Aside from that, yea it worked.
06:55 AM on 12/13/12
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
Pretty cool idea!
06:56 AM on 12/13/12
MrGlanthor
The next Paul Heyman Guy
User Info.
So good, i love me anything Patent Pending related
06:57 AM on 12/13/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
"due to legal confusion..?" why would a band try to sell something like this? maybe it's just me but doing a medley of an album with no artistic changes (other than making mashing it up into a medley) doesn't seem like something that should even be attempted to be sold..? aside from that, this was okay.. i dunno how you can start an 'Enema of the State' medley with anything but 'Dumpweed.' Also, this felt more like a medley of the radio singles rather than the entire album with just hints at the remaining tracks. Aside from that, yea it worked.
The released an EP of cover songs from 1999. They knew a pop punk band covering a pop punk song would be boring, so they thought a medley would be more interesting. But the legalities of selling a medley - one song containing parts of 12 different songs to varying degrees - proved to be too confusing for even their lawyer to figure out. To take the safe route, they decided to release it for free and asked if we wanted to help.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos