Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 61
02:01 PM on 12/13/12
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Given that the songs are so well known it's weird hearing the structure is so messed up. When I'm listening to it feels like it should flow like the originals... This just makes it feel awkward, but I like the idea and they've pulled it off quite well. It's just unusual.
02:25 PM on 12/13/12
lilguitardude76
User Info.
Not a fan of this band at all, met them at warped and they are such douches. they were shit talking Man Overboard when they rip off man o's tshirt designs. Not a fan of the singers voice wither. it just annoys me
02:29 PM on 12/13/12
kskillzz
User Info.
Haha don't get all the hate here. A band released a free cover that they did in their free time. They're not trying to do some crazy artistic take on the album, they're just having fun. I enjoyed it
02:47 PM on 12/13/12
BillAftermath
User Info.
So they didn't do the whole record? I guess I shouldn't be shocked since at least one member of this band had problems playing songs from Blue Skies...
02:49 PM on 12/13/12
Rustash
User Info.
Disappointed. It's not much of a medley if it's only three songs with the rest of the references clusterfucked into the bridge.
03:23 PM on 12/13/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Not a fan of this band at all, met them at warped and they are such douches. they were shit talking Man Overboard when they rip off man o's tshirt designs. Not a fan of the singers voice wither. it just annoys me
I can honestly say that these are some of the nicest dudes I have met in all of my time working for AP.net. I can't imagine them seriously shit talking Man Overboard. The shirt is obviously a parody, not a rip off.
03:51 PM on 12/13/12
chordsforacure
Host of the Saint Mort Show!
User Info.
"due to legal confusion..?" why would a band try to sell something like this? maybe it's just me but doing a medley of an album with no artistic changes (other than making mashing it up into a medley) doesn't seem like something that should even be attempted to be sold..? aside from that, this was okay.. i dunno how you can start an 'Enema of the State' medley with anything but 'Dumpweed.' Also, this felt more like a medley of the radio singles rather than the entire album with just hints at the remaining tracks. Aside from that, yea it worked.
Take a look at every Weird Al album. They almost all include a polka medley of 20+ songs which always kicks up how much he has to spend. If you look at the "credits" for those songs you'll notice one of them is "Ear Booger Polka by Al Yankovic". Al had to create this because of how expensive covers are per-second for things like that, so Ear Booger Polka represents every second that there's music without lyrics over top of it.
04:03 PM on 12/13/12
JoePending
User Info.
Hey dude. This is Joe. I sing in the band Patent Pending. I appreciate you taking the time to listen to our cover. I just want to clear up a couple of things.
(None of this is supposed to be sarcastic. I know tones can get misconstrued when read on the internet. Real talk.)
For starters, I think my voice is annoying, too. I've never been a fan of it. I've seriously been practicing as hard as I can. Hopefully one day, it will get better! More importantly, I'm sorry that you thought we were douches when you met us at Warped Tour. I'm not sure what possibly could have been going on at the time to give you such a sour taste about us, but I'm really sorry if we bummed you out. I don't think that we are douchey, but then again, there is ALWAYS the distinct possibility that I'm just too close to the situation and if I took a step back, i could see how douchey we really are. We actually have a song about that! It's called Douchebag.
MOST IMPORTANTLY - WE NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL TALK SHIT ABOUT MAN OVERBOARD! We think they are a talented and hardworking group of dudes who believe in and stand for many of the same things we do. To catch every one up, we made an extremely light-hearted parody shirt that says "Defend Pizza Parties." Our entire genre of music has always been very light-hearted and tongue-cheek. We never thought that this would cause any sort of problem with anyone.
LITTLE KNOWN FUN-FACT: Man Overboard's "Defend Pop-Punk" shirt is a parody piece in the first place. If it was not meant to be a parody, then it is a borrowed idea from the old "Defend Hardcore" shirts in the 90's. If anyone from Man Overboard is upset with us, I hope they know that we meant absolutely no harm or offense to the movement. We've been fighting for the pop-punk genre for 12 years now. We're on the same team.
I'm not writing this to you to try and make you like our band. Just want to make sure you know that i care. Our band is not for everyone, but this scene is! You don't have to like us, but please never think that we would intentionally disrespect anyone who is a part of this. This scene/genre is too small and fragile for enemies.
all my love,
- Joe
www.patentpendingmusic.com
06:07 PM on 12/13/12
lilguitardude76
User Info.
Hey dude. This is Joe. I sing in the band Patent Pending. I appreciate you taking the time to listen to our cover. I just want to clear up a couple of things.
(None of this is supposed to be sarcastic. I know tones can get misconstrued when read on the internet. Real talk.)
For starters, I think my voice is annoying, too. I've never been a fan of it. I've seriously been practicing as hard as I can. Hopefully one day, it will get better! More importantly, I'm sorry that you thought we were douches when you met us at Warped Tour. I'm not sure what possibly could have been going on at the time to give you such a sour taste about us, but I'm really sorry if we bummed you out. I don't think that we are douchey, but then again, there is ALWAYS the distinct possibility that I'm just too close to the situation and if I took a step back, i could see how douchey we really are. We actually have a song about that! It's called Douchebag.
MOST IMPORTANTLY - WE NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL TALK SHIT ABOUT MAN OVERBOARD! We think they are a talented and hardworking group of dudes who believe in and stand for many of the same things we do. To catch every one up, we made an extremely light-hearted parody shirt that says "Defend Pizza Parties." Our entire genre of music has always been very light-hearted and tongue-cheek. We never thought that this would cause any sort of problem with anyone.
LITTLE KNOWN FUN-FACT: Man Overboard's "Defend Pop-Punk" shirt is a parody piece in the first place. If it was not meant to be a parody, then it is a borrowed idea from the old "Defend Hardcore" shirts in the 90's. If anyone from Man Overboard is upset with us, I hope they know that we meant absolutely no harm or offense to the movement. We've been fighting for the pop-punk genre for 12 years now. We're on the same team.
I'm not writing this to you to try and make you like our band. Just want to make sure you know that i care. Our band is not for everyone, but this scene is! You don't have to like us, but please never think that we would intentionally disrespect anyone who is a part of this. This scene/genre is too small and fragile for enemies.
all my love,
- Joe
now i feel like an asshole lol.
06:08 PM on 12/13/12
tyjvox
User Info.
This is brilliant. Seriously awesome; specifically the medley of album cuts at the end and the Anthem Pt. 2 machine-gun-drum intro.

My only complaint is that Enema didn't come out until September. All but "What's My Age Again" would be virtually unknown during Spring Break '99.
07:08 PM on 12/13/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
This is pretty freaking cool
07:55 PM on 12/13/12
Iriathz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't understand. What is the point of this?

Ever consider they might've done it for fun? Not every thing has to revolutionise music. Fuck.
08:21 PM on 12/13/12
wroteurname
Registered Loser
User Info.
Really like how they ended it.
03:50 AM on 12/14/12
TDenverFan
User Info.
all my love,
- Joe
Patent Pending 1
Internet 0
04:42 AM on 12/15/12
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
I just can't get into the singer's voice. It's just so... ugh. Thin. Soulless. You can't hear any passion. Tom and Mark sang their souls out for that album and this doesn't do it justice.

I thought I would love this because they described this as "rushing through the whole EOTS album" but they mostly sang the singles and dropped some lines from other songs in the background. I don't like this at all

Edit: Whoops, just read what the singer wrote. Now I seriously feel bad, lol. Please don't take it personally! I love your Break Stuff cover! haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos