Username
Password

12:16 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old

SynopsisThe show follows the adventures of 12-year-old twin brother and sister Dipper and Mabel Pines, whose parents send them off to their Great-Uncle Stan in the town of Gravity Falls, Oregon. "Grunkle" Stan lives in and runs The Mystery Shack, a tourist trap which charges visitors for a glimpse at the world's most bizarre museum, but little do Dipper and Mabel know that there really is something very strange going on and they must rely on one another to find their way in this unfamiliar town.

As somebody who casually enjoys Regular Show and simply can't see in Adventure Time what everyone else seems to, it's nice to finally have a 'made for kids, can be equally enjoyed by adults' animated program to call my own. This show is an absolute blast, doing a great job building up a lot of mystery and deep backstory in only ten episodes. It's funny, there's a lot of heart thrown in, and the supernatural 'monster of the week' element is a nice added bonus. While it doesn't have nearly as many innuendos as RS and AT do, I still see this show as a testament of how animation really is stronger than ever these days. It's created by Alex Hirsch, a writer from Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, and contains a great voice cast; Kristen Schaal (having trouble NOT hearing Louise, though), Jason Ritter, and Linda Cardellini all star, and there's recurring roles from TJ Miller, John DiMaggio, Gregg Turkington, and Stephen Root. anyone. Shouldn't be too tough a sell on many of you.
12:39 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
Pittsburgh
Male - 25 Years Old
Dig the cast, but that trailer didn't do much for me. (and not liking Adventure Time? Are you crazy?)
12:48 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
The trailer doesn't do the show justice in the slightest as far as the writing content, I just figured it'd give people an idea of the concept.
01:03 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
A+ show, love the cast and that back story would only be second to Adventure Time in having me wanting to know way more about what is really going on. I marathoned this hard like a month or two back, have there been any new episodes since the Halloween one yet?

Man that carnival time travel episode is fantastic tho. Great combo of interesting/great jokes.
08:49 AM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
"So you figured out our little secret. Good work. Applaud, everyone! Applaud sarcastically....no, that's too sincere. Slower. Yes, just like that. Good and condescending.
04:20 PM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
Detroit, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
The show is totally rad, the wax figures episode was delightful, especially with Coolio and Larry King voicing themselves. Plus I'm super in love with Kristen Schaal.
09:58 AM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
VeryWittyName
Brighton
Male - 21 Years Old
I've watched the whole thing twice now, pretty much. So, so good. It's like if The Simpsons (classic), the X-Files and Arrested Development had a really smart kid.
08:27 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
Finally watching this show and it's great. It has the potential that Adventure Time realized in its last season.
08:49 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
Argentine
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
"What's the number one problem with most monster hunts?"

"If you're a side character, you die in the first 5 minutes of the movie. Dude, am I a side character?! Do you guys ever think about stuff like that?"

Oh god, I think I love this show right here. There are so many great one-liners.
08:53 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
"What's the number one problem with most monster hunts?"

"If you're a side character, you die in the first 5 minutes of the movie. Dude, am I a side character?! Do you guys ever think about stuff like that?"

Oh god, I think I love this show right here. There are so many great one-liners.
That whole scene is golden, from the camera throwing to the captain/co-captain talk. Really glad you're into it, I figured this would be your type of thing. I really hope this finds a following similar to RS and AD, it certainly deserves it. I just worry at times that it being on Disney Channel might make people hesitant of putting time into it.

"Permission granted."
"Permission co-granted."
"Permission associate co-granted."
08:58 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
incognitojones

its the little things
09:00 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
Argentine
ACTUALLY South Korea
Female
That whole scene is golden, from the camera throwing to the captain/co-captain talk. I really hope this finds a following similar to RS and AD, it certainly deserves it. I just worry at times that it being on Disney Channel might make people hesitant of putting time into it.

"Permission granted."
"Permission co-granted."
"Permission associate co-granted."

This is my favorite thing from Disney Channel in years even though I completely agree that it doesn't necessarily belong on it.

The Gobblewonker just came out, this chase scene is great.

"We're still beavers."
09:16 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
incognitojones
03:32 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
Coral Springs, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Been meaning to watch this because I know I'll love it.
05:36 PM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
CstSnow
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Cant Lose
Monterey Ca
Male - 28 Years Old
Really love this show, between this and Phineas and Ferb, Disney has done a lot right cartoon wise in the last couple years.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos