Username
Password
Eisley News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Eisley
Inside AP.net

End of the Year Update with Eisley

Posted by: Drew Beringer (12/31/12)
Eisley has posted an end of the year update, which you can read in the replies. Personally speaking, I cannot wait for the band's new LP in 2013.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
10:18 PM on 12/31/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Eisley UpdateHAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

We hope you guys are ready for and excited about 2013. We just wanted to say hey and let you know a little about what's going on with us. We're putting the finishing touches on our 4th LP to be released on Equal Vision this year ('13). Almost all the songs are now mixed and, honestly, we're more excited about it than any other record.

Maybe that seems like an unlikely thing for us to say but this record is unique because it's the first time we've released really anything since the early days that has no (zero) outside influences. We're thankful for everyone who helped us along the way, obviously, but this is a new thing for us; it really felt great not to have any industry peeps or big time producers or A&R's telling us what songs we should or should not record or how they should sound. Influences on this record are limited to what we love... period.

I guess we've been very quiet. We haven't done a bunch of 'behind the scenes' stuff... no video's from our sessions, etc. We've done all of that on other records; we just wanted to do our thing in our own studio without all of that hype and bring it to you guys when we felt like we were happy with it.

We promise there will be periodical news updates and blasts starting early this year about everything though. We're still in the planning stages but, in short, it's looking like this new album will be released late Spring or early Summer followed immediately by a full US tour.

Also, some of you might know, we're smack dab in the middle of having... babies! Stacy and Darren already have little Scarlett (2 months already!) but Chauntelle and Jessie (Weston's wife) are due like, exactly, now, so we're all super excited and trying to be patient while waiting for "Sophie" and "Wolf". And I'm due in in early February with "Lucy". No doubt we'll be posting all of that on Twitter/Instagram.

MUSIC FOR LIFE. We've said this many times before in different ways but making music for is not an option for us. It's not like, "well... we just didn't get BIG enough so let's hang it up" or "well... since we're not on a major label anymore, we're done" or "well, since we're getting married and are having babies we're done with that whole music thing". That would be like death to ourselves. Eisley is not an attempt at something. We live to make music. We're never going away.

Honestly, we're making more music than ever. The studio has opened up the doors for a constant flow of music from our crazy, expanding family. Chauntelle is making an EP, Christie and Collin (merrimentmusic.com) are about to record, Max and I are recording a solo project (permamusic.com) as we speak (type). If you heard Stacy's Sucre' project (sucremusic.com), you'll agree that more, not less, music is happening. We hope that makes you guys as happy as it does us.

Thank you SO much for all your love and support over the years. That might sound cliche' but, honesty, to us it's very heartfelt. Also - thank you Equal Vision Records for how much you've trusted us throughout this process.

We love you all. Looking forward to 2013!!!

Love,

Sherri
11:27 PM on 12/31/12
meatball
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thought this was a out end of a year then was disappointed it was about eisley. Carry on.
12:32 AM on 01/01/13
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No one cares.
12:51 AM on 01/01/13
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Great news. The Sucre album was one of the best things released last year.
02:11 AM on 01/01/13
theHECKLER
User Info.

My thoughts exactly
04:57 AM on 01/01/13
cholly
User Info.
I'm excited to hear what they've been workin on. Their Christmas album with all their side projects was pretty good... I'll have to check out the other stuff they release.

Also, think it's weird/funny that she put the kid's names in quotes.
04:59 AM on 01/01/13
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Bleh.
06:31 AM on 01/01/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
I can't wait. The Valley was phenomenal. I'm hoping that without any outside influences, the new album will be a return to weird and whimsical ala Room Noises.
09:36 AM on 01/01/13
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
User Info.
Three douches in an Eisley thread? What is this madness!
10:16 AM on 01/01/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Usually I'm not horribly into female fronted bands but I've always enjoyed them. Her spot on Anberlin's God, Drugs, and Sex is probably the best male and female duet I've ever heard.
12:05 PM on 01/01/13
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Usually I'm not horribly into female fronted bands but I've always enjoyed them. Her spot on Anberlin's God, Drugs, and Sex is probably the best male and female duet I've ever heard.
It's actually Christie DuPree who is not in Eisley (younger sister) that sings on the Anberlin song. But she has a similar voice to the Eisley girls and I would agree that she sounds fantastic.
12:47 PM on 01/01/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Valley was a good record. Sucre's a Minor Bird was a good record. I'll listen to their new album for sure. May not be my most anticipated for 2013 or in my top 10 of 2013, but adds a nice variety to the year. Glad to hear they are all bust making music.
12:50 PM on 01/01/13
Whalejaw
Hi Mr. Meeseeks! I'm Mr. Meeseeks!
User Info.
Deep Space was some of the best stuff they've done. I'm excited for a new album.
12:58 PM on 01/01/13
theHECKLER
User Info.
Three douches in an Eisley thread? What is this madness!

/Giggles
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News