AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Half Hearted Hero Album Premiere

Posted by - 10:47 PM on 01/01/13
This is a good one, you guys. When I first heard Half Hearted Hero's upcoming album Whatever a few months ago, I was floored. I don't listen to a ton of pop-punk anymore, but this album had me instantly hooked. So I'm incredibly happy that we're exclusively premiering the album today, which you can stream here. It's bound to be one of 2013's early surprises - it's hard for me to compare it to any band, but I would imagine many of you will dig this, especially if you're a fan of The Wonder Years and the like. The album is set to release on January 15th via Animal Style Records, and you can pre-order it here. Let us know what you think the album in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
07:20 AM on 01/02/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
Just picked up an LP. Comes with an instant download. Can't express how much I love these guys and how great this album is. Already streamed it 2x on here.
07:26 AM on 01/02/13
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
Man this is great. It makes me think Basement X With The Punches (As in their song Harvard On The Hudson). Is it an EP or a proper album, though? It's too short to be an album, but it's a fair shout lengthier than a lot of EPs.
07:28 AM on 01/02/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Awesome! Best of 2013 so far
07:33 AM on 01/02/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
Man this is great. It makes me think Basement X With The Punches (As in their song Harvard On The Hudson). Is it an EP or a proper album, though? It's too short to be an album, but it's a fair shout lengthier than a lot of EPs.
It's a proper album according to Animal Style and HHH. Although the track list and run time (8 songs clocking in at 26m02s) are a bit on the short side, it's still fucking stellar. I don't really care about the length so long as the quality is there. But call it what you will, but I'm just stoked to finally have some music since Running Water.
08:10 AM on 01/02/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Album is better than almost all pop punk released last year.
08:12 AM on 01/02/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Really happy to see these guys getting some love on the site. Truly awesome band. But, comparing them to TWY? Meh. Band runs circles around them.
08:21 AM on 01/02/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Really happy to see these guys getting some love on the site. Truly awesome band. But, comparing them to TWY? Meh. Band runs circles around them.
There are surely more apt comparisons (A Wilhelm Scream, No Trigger, Strike Anywhere, et al), but I think the TWY reference will get more listeners from our audience - and that's what this band deserves.
08:27 AM on 01/02/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I didn't even really compare the band's music to TWY, just said fans of said band would probably dig this
08:37 AM on 01/02/13
henry chinaski
User Info.
Finally!
08:37 AM on 01/02/13
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
This band continues to have the best guitar work in the genre.
08:51 AM on 01/02/13
saturday_snow_squall
www.dailyslicemag.com
User Info.
wow. this record is flat out ridiculous.
09:10 AM on 01/02/13
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Direction may be the best song they've written.
09:28 AM on 01/02/13
ROSSYNUNES
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These are my #1 dawgs! The record is spot on and I was lucky enough to work on the album/art layout for them. 2013 should be their year! NB Represent.
09:35 AM on 01/02/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
I didn't even really compare the band's music to TWY, just said fans of said band would probably dig this

Whenever another band is mentioned in a post about another band it pretty much falls into the RIYL automatically. And I personally am not a fan of TWY but I love me some HHH.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos