AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bobby Womack Diagnosed With Alzheimer's

Posted by - 07:51 AM on 01/02/13
Bobby Womack, who released the superb "comeback" album The Greatest Man In The Universe last year which was produced by Damon Albarn and Richard Russell, has revealed that he has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and is in the early stages of the disease.
From The Interview"The doctor says there are signs of Alzheimerís, itís not bad yet but will get worse." he told BBC 6 Music, "How can I not remember songs I wrote? Itís frustrating."

"The most embarrassing thing was when we were getting ready to announce Damon and I can't remember his last name," he continued, "That's so embarrassing."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
08:28 AM on 01/02/13
foisol
EST 1986
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This guy's voice is pimp.

I'm sure frustrating would be an understatement, if this were happening to me or someone I loved.
08:54 AM on 01/02/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Damn, that's scary.
09:14 AM on 01/02/13
Khouse89
Welcome to Greyhound Nation
User Info.
damn, that's a shame.
10:49 AM on 01/02/13
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
My grandma had Alzheimer's and that shit is just scary to watch. I can't imagine what it would be like to have it and deal with it every day. It's probably my biggest fear in life, even more than dying itself.
11:48 AM on 01/02/13
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Awful.
12:07 PM on 01/02/13
AdamWASFearless
The Rational Voice of AP.net
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For those of you who don't know who Bobby Womack is: He's directly responsible for influencing The Rolling Stones, along with a lot of other British blues rock bands.
02:56 PM on 01/02/13
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Fuck.

His album from last year is great.
10:46 PM on 01/02/13
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
I never heard of him before he was on Stylo. His voice is phenomenal. Such a bummer for him.
10:58 PM on 01/02/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
I never heard of him before he was on Stylo. His voice is phenomenal. Such a bummer for him.
This, my parents got me hip
08:42 AM on 01/03/13
CTRL+ALT+DANCE
User Info.
oh Bobby. :(
10:34 AM on 01/03/13
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
I work with dementia, and have therefore seen a large amounts of cases of the disease. Real, real shame. Hope his deterioration isn't too rapid.
10:40 AM on 01/03/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I work with dementia, and have therefore seen a large amounts of cases of the disease. Real, real shame. Hope his deterioration isn't too rapid.
As in you work in a clinic of sorts or something? My Grandad suffered from Vascular Dementia, sucks so bad.
10:47 AM on 01/03/13
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
As in you work in a clinic of sorts or something? My Grandad suffered from Vascular Dementia, sucks so bad.
In a dementia care home, so im surrounded by it a lot! Maybe I should have said that I work with people with dementia rather than dementia itself, my mistake. But yeah, it's an awful disease.
11:12 AM on 01/03/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
In a dementia care home, so im surrounded by it a lot! Maybe I should have said that I work with people with dementia rather than dementia itself, my mistake. But yeah, it's an awful disease.
No no, it was just the way you worded it I thought for a second you suffered from it or something. Must be a weird cycle of tough but somewhat satisfying work there.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos