|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Bloody Muffs, The - 01.02.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
The Bloody Muffs
free sampler http://thebloodymuffs.bandcamp.com/a...e-fans-sampler
1. How did you get your band name?
Bryan said Bloody Muff in a sentence once and the person he said it to became ill. We knew then it was the perfect name.
2. How did this band get started?
Bryan started off as an acoustic act under the name. Kat joined up in Jan 2009 on drums and Jessica replaced the original bassist in May of 2009.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
X, The Heartbreakers, Buzzcocks, Pixies, Ramones.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We would love to tour with our friends like Mr. Clit & The Pink Cigarettes, Voice of Addiction, and The Shidiots. Mainly because they all are amazing bands and really fun people to be with. It would be a sick tour if we all went together.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We write songs that are fun and the live show is highly entertaining. We have catchy hooks and no filter when it comes to lyrics. We touch on taboo subjects.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Derek Jeter. Gets mad pussy, millions upon millions of dollars annually and is hall of fame bound.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Your Mom because we gang banged her.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Take the whole business and turn it back towards nurturing bands over image image first.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Wow, just one...I guess the incidents that got us banned from a bar in Tulsa, OK. Some people don't find our vulgarity too pleasing. I suppose lighting off fireworks, vomiting, smashing pint glasses, our dog shitting on the bar, attempted murder (allegedly), arson (allegedly) and stuff didn't go over too well. It was a fun night though. There are so many others...
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means people believe in keeping punk alive and supporting it so new generations of fans can discover modern bands.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Probably I Want To Fuck You.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Anything from Schoolhouse Rock
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Mind control. Need I really explain why?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Not getting too drunk to play.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
None of the three of us has ever had sex with each other.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
FM radio is dead. Satellite radio is becoming too restrictive. Internet radio and podcasts are really the best way to go for most bands these days.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We all can cook.
10:12 PM on 01/02/13
They sound like a wholesome bunch.
09:55 AM on 01/03/13
Well this is the kind of interview that will make me never want to listen to a band. Though it was kind of over after reading the band name.
More From This Author