Password

09:41 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
No Avatar Selected
Washington
Male - 22 Years Old
Today The Plot In You released a song marketed as an attack on their labelmate Austin Carlile. We've also seen "dis tracks" from Attack Attack, Issues, etc. and they seem to generate a good amount of publicity, along with band splits that create equally profitable bands (Of Mice & Men, Issues, etc.)

I'm starting to think that most of this is fake in the same vein as publicity beef in rap music. If nothing else I believe that the label encourages bands and members to squabble with each other, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was mostly total fiction invented by the label, and the bands are just putting on a show. I'd bet money that Beartooth (Caleb Shomo's new band following Attack Attack!) will sign to Rise and start raking in even more money, while Attack Attack! continues to be popular. They split up their bands behind the scenes, the fans latch on to the tabloid-esque stories, and the label immediately has another band that's equally as successful and profitable.

Does this sound like a dumb conspiracy theory or could all the diva-style fighting that goes on with these metalcore bands really be faked by the label?
09:55 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
who the fuck listens to this shit, let alone follows the "drama"?
10:09 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Why would they fake this shit, to make people think that everyone on their label is white trash?
10:09 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
cubine
No Avatar Selected
Washington
Male - 22 Years Old
who the fuck listens to this shit, let alone follows the "drama"?

I don't listen to Issues or Woe, is Me. I like Of Mice & Men, I like the last Attack Attack record and I dig what I've heard from Beartooth so far. If you follow Property of Zack for music news at all it all kind of gets thrown in your face, they report on stuff like this nonstop.
10:10 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
also what hip-hops beefs are you talking about?
10:11 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Where can I find these tabloids?
10:19 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
cubine
No Avatar Selected
Washington
Male - 22 Years Old
Why would they fake this shit, to make people think that everyone on their label is white trash?

also what hip-hops beefs are you talking about?

There are undeniable benefits to having bands split the way they so frequently do. The original band continues with the same level of success, and the new band gets an extreme jumpstart thanks to name recognition/association with the original band. In the end the label doubles their returns since the new band usually achieves a similar level of popularity.

I'm thinking of situations like the 50 Cent/Floyd Mayweather twitter stuff, Drake/Common feud, Lil Wayne/Pusha T, things like that where there's no real animosity between the people involved and they're just doing it to generate attention for both artists.
10:23 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
There are undeniable benefits to having bands split the way they so frequently do. The original band continues with the same level of success, and the new band gets an extreme jumpstart thanks to name recognition/association with the original band. In the end the label doubles their returns since the new band usually achieves a similar level of popularity.

I'm thinking of situations like the 50 Cent/Floyd Mayweather twitter stuff, Drake/Common feud, Lil Wayne/Pusha T, things like that where there's no real animosity between the people involved and they're just doing it to generate attention for both artists.

Wouldn't they have the same level of success just by saying that the member split because of creative differences or something along those lines?

I'm pretty sure the only one of those that was actually fake was the 50 one, the other ones perhaps were blown out of proportion, but they were there. I could be wrong though, I don't really pay attention to that stuff.
10:25 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
the real question here why anyone would ever follow property of zack for music news
10:42 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WhenWeBrenden
Pacific Northwest
Male
Bands that fight each other are dumb as hell.
There is enough room and ears for everyone.
12:17 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Bands that fight each other are dumb as hell.
There is enough room and ears for everyone.

Not when you all play the same song, like these guys.
12:24 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WhenWeBrenden
Pacific Northwest
Male
Not when you all play the same song, like these guys.

Haha, fair point.
01:28 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
usa
Genderfluid - 26 Years Old
Silly stuff in here.
01:49 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
Connecticut
Male - 17 Years Old
Most polarizing label. Love Transit, MDAM, TEN, and some others, hate almost everything else.
02:01 PM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
Miami Fl
Male - 21 Years Old
I don't see why it's hard to believe that these "beefs" are created. Their target audience eats it up, we've already seen bands get bigger for shit like this. Shit is dumb though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos