Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 46.
02:57 AM on 01/03/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
His voice has definitely become more rough sounding than it was back in Defining Refining, and has literally become more and more tough with every release. But I personally love it. What with this voice and the combination of the music changing slightly - it just gives me the sense of maturing throughout their progress, and for the better. The only thing that I was slightly disappointed with (only slightly) was not the overall length of the release but each individual song was a bit shorter than I'm used to with them. I still hold that Home I & II is my favorite song of theirs and is about 10 mins long if I recall.

On a side note, I've seen these dudes a few times in Wilmington but never had a chance to actually meet up with them. How are they as people? I'm assuming just a bunch of honest hardworking guys but just curious if anyone has ever spoken with them specifically and have anything to say.
04:39 AM on 01/03/13
sooperdoodey
User Info.
It has been too long since absolutepunk has introduced me to new music. This is great.
05:13 AM on 01/03/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Listened to this, it didn't really catch my attention--as a big fan of the wonder years. Thinking about listening to Modern Baseball's record, are these two comparable?
there's absolutely nothing in common, and there's very little in common between this and TWY too.
05:22 AM on 01/03/13
murta
User Info.
His voice has definitely become more rough sounding than it was back in Defining Refining, and has literally become more and more tough with every release. But I personally love it. What with this voice and the combination of the music changing slightly - it just gives me the sense of maturing throughout their progress, and for the better. The only thing that I was slightly disappointed with (only slightly) was not the overall length of the release but each individual song was a bit shorter than I'm used to with them. I still hold that Home I & II is my favorite song of theirs and is about 10 mins long if I recall.

On a side note, I've seen these dudes a few times in Wilmington but never had a chance to actually meet up with them. How are they as people? I'm assuming just a bunch of honest hardworking guys but just curious if anyone has ever spoken with them specifically and have anything to say.
I spoke to a couple of them after their performance at Fest 11 in Gainesville last year. I was pretty stoked, as I'm from the UK and it was my first time seeing Half Hearted Hero (and actually my first time in the States). Then later that night they drove past us and their vocalist Anthony recognised me and shouted me over and I stood talking to them for a good while.

Really cool guys, down to earth and I think very appreciative to meet fans that dig their music and connect with the lyrics.

I was fanboying out big time, but it was one of the highlights of the trip for me (one of the others being meeting David Liebe Hart from Tim & Eric) :D
06:21 AM on 01/03/13
waybackhome
Pentimento / Mike Hansen
User Info.
We've played a bunch of shows with these guys over the last couple years. Honestly? They're some of our favorite people on the face of the planet. I know every band says this sort of thing about whichever bands they're friends with, but when I tell you that these guys are the biggest sweethearts we've ever met - I mean it. Great dudes with great attitudes towards what they're doing, and they're all very handsome.

WHATEVER is a great release. Very excited to see where this band goes after more people pick up on these new songs.

-Mike/Pentimento
11:42 AM on 01/03/13
Kyle Thrash
@thrash_itup
User Info.
Drew I like The Wonder Years and I like this so thanks duder
11:45 AM on 01/03/13
panties_nz
halfyearsun
User Info.
not long till these guys blow up. such an awesome band
08:46 AM on 01/04/13
antiradio
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'm confused on how ap members keep hyping these cd's and i expect something great. there is absolutely nothing special about this cd. yes its decent but i think the older stuff is better.
07:51 PM on 01/07/13
StartAngry&Mad
Lets get these people moving faster
User Info.
The LP was going to be an automatic order for me, but after giving it a listen, I'm going to wait for it to sink in first. Running Water is one of my favourite EPs of all time, but none of the new songs upon first listen grabbed me like several from it did.
09:17 AM on 01/08/13
Fish Man Alex
User Info.
I spoke to a couple of them after their performance at Fest 11 in Gainesville last year. I was pretty stoked, as I'm from the UK and it was my first time seeing Half Hearted Hero (and actually my first time in the States). Then later that night they drove past us and their vocalist Anthony recognised me and shouted me over and I stood talking to them for a good while.

Really cool guys, down to earth and I think very appreciative to meet fans that dig their music and connect with the lyrics.

I was fanboying out big time, but it was one of the highlights of the trip for me (one of the others being meeting David Liebe Hart from Tim & Eric) :D

haha dude I was at that fest and think I might've met you by their merch table? We talked about the fullblast and wilhelm scream

on the same note: the new HHH is great, I love it more each time I hear it!
03:15 PM on 01/08/13
BrianBellitto
Brian Bellitto
User Info.
best and most sincere people in the world.
whatever is amazing and it bums me that some people don't realize how brilliant their songwriting is.

also please stop labeling them as "pop punk".
05:22 AM on 05/24/13
SetSailRecords
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Half Hearted Hero liquidation sale going on now at www.setsailrecords.bigcartel.com
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests