AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Band Break-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bleeding Through Break Up Confirmed

Posted by - 12:50 PM on 01/04/13
Bleeding Through frontman Brandan Schieppati has confirmed the band is breaking up. They will disband following farewell tours later this year.
StatementWhen you have some success doing something that you love, you never really think about writing a statement about that something coming to an end. Well, that dream that we have had as Bleeding Through has come to an end. I think I can speak for the rest of my bandmates in saying that we always hoped it would end on our terms, and it has. We have been fortunate to have a strong fan base worldwide and have brought joy to many and pissed off many more.

Bleeding Through was always a band that wore the emotion of the music on our sleeves. We cared about everyone like family that ever took the time to listen to our band, support our merchandise and go to our shows.

Since 1999, we have been blessed to be able to tour the world, record seven records with some great musical minds, tour with amazing bands and people, work with people with character such as management, booking agents and road crew. Most importantly, we made lasting friends from this journey.

We have been honored to be part of a expanding the musical movement of heavy music and hope to be remembered as a benchmark and pioneer of a specific style of music.

We have been a band since 1999, and many of us just had life catch up with us in the way of marriages, kids, businesses and other endeavors. We can no longer dedicate what we need to to keep Bleeding Through going.

Personally, I feel doing this band in a part-time fashion is not what this band is about and and feel like we have always been an all-or-nothing band. With that being said, and because we have established a worldwide following over the last 14 years, we want to give us and those people one more chance to share in this music together. We are setting up farewell tours. Dates will be up and promoted very soon.

To those who supported this band: It has been an honor.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
01:07 PM on 01/04/13
musicfan9795
Cool...cool...cool...
User Info.
Wow, I was just starting to get into them. Can't say that I didn't see this coming though.
01:10 PM on 01/04/13
leftapart
User Info.
See ya boys, ya had a good run.
01:11 PM on 01/04/13
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
Bummer. Never stopped liking this band.
01:17 PM on 01/04/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
This was an excellent breakup statement, very professional.

They've had a long, great run and alhough I didn't get into anythin post TILTIM they alwas released strong records.
01:29 PM on 01/04/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
Well it's about damn time.
01:42 PM on 01/04/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Brandon should reunite with 18V and do a "Vanity" tour. I would go in a second.
01:50 PM on 01/04/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
They were one of the first metalcore bands that got me into that kind of music. Will definitely hit up their last tour if it's in the NYC area.
02:06 PM on 01/04/13
Chalie22
User Info.
Dudes with faux hawks, mascara, and white belts are not stoked right now. Never into them when they were big in that whole fashioncore scene in the mid 00s but they seemed like legit dudes so best of luck to them in the future.
02:25 PM on 01/04/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Brandon should reunite with 18V and do a "Vanity" tour. I would go in a second.
Ehhh, even as good as Vanity is, knowing what 18V turned into makes me uninterested in seeing what them do that.
03:01 PM on 01/04/13
Andy Young
@YayItsAndy
User Info.
Wasn't that into their last two albums, but would most definitely hit up a farewell tour.
03:30 PM on 01/04/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I remember seeing them with Haste the Day and Every Time I Die. Good times.
05:22 PM on 01/04/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Listened to some TILTIM today. I never really got into them but they sure lasted a while. Best of luck to them.
05:25 PM on 01/04/13
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
The early 2000s "scene" is dead and bleeding through was a huge part of that. So while I never was into them, they toured with some of my favorite bands and were a benchmark for bands today. Good run.
06:40 PM on 01/04/13
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
I'm still upset I couldn't see them when they opened up for HIM

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News