AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

UK News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Isle Of Wight Festival 2013 Line Up Expands

Posted by - 05:17 AM on 12/03/12
Joining The Stone Roses at this year's Isle Of Wight Festival will be the likes of Blondie, The Maccabees, Bloc Party, Jake Bugg and more.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
05:26 AM on 12/03/12
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
i shake my fist to you jake bugg
05:27 AM on 12/03/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
i shake my fist to you jake bugg
Yeah not sure I get it either. Already a better line up than last year though, tempted to go again for first time in a few years.
05:37 AM on 12/03/12
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.
Yeah not sure I get it either. Already a better line up than last year though, tempted to go again for first time in a few years.

i get it and think his album is great, i'm just from the same place he is and he doesn't really seem to be paying his dues as such after such an overwhelming support from the community

he is also really disinterested in interviews, at least act thankful for having a number 1 album!
05:49 AM on 12/03/12
georgedcc
User Info.
I'd fucking love to see Blondie. I'm tempted.
06:15 AM on 12/03/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
i get it and think his album is great, i'm just from the same place he is and he doesn't really seem to be paying his dues as such after such an overwhelming support from the community

he is also really disinterested in interviews, at least act thankful for having a number 1 album!
Yeah man, I haven't listened to the album to be fair just a couple of singles, catchy enough like.
I'd fucking love to see Blondie. I'm tempted.
Do it. I'll probably be there for first time in a few years, last time I went they played and were great. Harry's voice just gets better with age.
08:02 AM on 12/03/12
TheModernAge
User Info.
Jake Bugg is such a fake manufactured "star". The NME has helped build him from the ground up to bring "real" music back. Too band he's painfully mediocre and has no appeal to anyone other than the brain dead masses that he's supposed to be so much better than.
08:39 AM on 12/03/12
justlikehoney
that's why you always leave a note.
User Info.
Jake Bugg is such a fake manufactured "star". The NME has helped build him from the ground up to bring "real" music back. Too band he's painfully mediocre and has no appeal to anyone other than the brain dead masses that he's supposed to be so much better than.

Having seen him play tiny shows supporting other local bands 2, 3 years ago, I can completely refute your whole thing about him being "manufactured" and the NME building him from the ground up.
11:07 AM on 12/03/12
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.

Completely wrong, he just has a major label backing him and that's it.
03:20 PM on 12/03/12
TheModernAge
User Info.
Having seen him play tiny shows supporting other local bands 2, 3 years ago, I can completely refute your whole thing about him being "manufactured" and the NME building him from the ground up.
Well he sounds manufactured in the same way that Mumford and Sons do, which is to say that he is fucking awful.
04:11 PM on 12/03/12
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
User Info.

I have the utmost respect for your avatar
04:44 PM on 12/03/12
justlikehoney
that's why you always leave a note.
User Info.
I have the utmost respect for your avatar
Thanks, haha yeah, totally forgot about that! Used to love that place, going there after school and spending hours looking through the shop and all. The Music Exchange is pretty good but it's just not tthe same, and it's so bloody small!
08:53 PM on 12/03/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Well he sounds manufactured in the same way that Mumford and Sons do, which is to say that he is fucking awful.
So not manufactured at all then, just something you really dislike?
10:42 PM on 01/09/13
adamhstn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is a sick festival! Would love to check it but can't :( gonna see Bloc party at winter x games though! 1.23 at the belly up in Aspen! Gonna bring some punk to that Foofy town!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos