AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Politics News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Lupe Fiasco Reportedly Kicked Off Stage At Private Obama Inauguration...

Posted by - 04:37 AM on 01/21/13
Lupe Fiasco was kicked off stage last night at the StartUp RockOn event in Washington, although he was booked as the headliner. Head to the replies to watch the video where he calls out President Obama.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 150
04:37 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
04:38 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
StartUp RockOn is now saying that he left early due to a repetitive and poor performance.
04:52 AM on 01/21/13
georgedcc
User Info.
If he got kicked off for voicing his opinion, that's really, really shitty.

If he got kicked off for a poor performance (which wouldn't be too surprising knowing Lupe these days), then that's just a shame.
04:53 AM on 01/21/13
jnkbondtrader
User Info.
hmmm people seemed pretty into it
04:57 AM on 01/21/13
mbarney82
User Info.

If he got kicked off for a poor performance (which wouldn't be too surprising knowing Lupe these days), then that's just a shame.

I dont mind when people voice their opinions- except dave mustaine, that aside you are there to support a certain person. Its awkward an rude if you go agains that person.
04:59 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.

A bit too coincidental though considering his mic was cut off right after he said those lines.
05:12 AM on 01/21/13
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
Who thought he was a good idea for booking in the first place.
Dude is very political, in that not-convenient kind of way.
05:16 AM on 01/21/13
georgedcc
User Info.
I dont mind when people voice their opinions- except dave mustaine, that aside you are there to support a certain person. Its awkward an rude if you go agains that person.

Ha, oh Dave Mustaine. Yeah, if Lupe doesn't support Obama, I'm not sure why he decided to do the concert, other than to create a bit of controversy. But, I still think he should be allowed to say what he wants on stage, he wasn't defaming or slandering Obama, just stating how he feels. Maybe it was a bit rude, but Obama's drone policy is awful and I think it's good that he said something about that.

A bit too coincidental though considering his mic was cut off right after he said those lines.

Yeah, I thought that as well. I guess until we see the full show, not just a 30 second clip, we can't judge how well he was performing and whether the organiser's statement about his performance has any merit. He did look a bit drugged up in that clip, so who knows.
05:23 AM on 01/21/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Ha, oh Dave Mustaine. Yeah, if Lupe doesn't support Obama, I'm not sure why he decided to do the concert, other than to create a bit of controversy. But, I still think he should be allowed to say what he wants on stage, he wasn't defaming or slandering Obama, just stating how he feels. Maybe it was a bit rude, but Obama's drone policy is awful and I think it's good that he said something about that.

Yeah, I thought that as well. I guess until we see the full show, not just a 30 second clip, we can't judge how well he was performing and whether the organiser's statement about his performance has any merit. He did look a bit drugged up in that clip, so who knows.
I dunno, haha. That's the worst excuse I've ever heard from an event sounding like it wants to cover its ass. If anyone believes that, they believe in the Easter Bunny, too.

I'm sure he was performing for awhile, and to say "drugged up" is a pretty strong term, haha.
https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/293223399755501568

Huffington Post also posted up a list of similar tweets.
05:24 AM on 01/21/13
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
Even though I like Obama, I think this wasn't fair to the artist. The guy is stating his opinion, and he should be able to do this wherever he wants to. Isn't The US known for claiming how "free" their people are supposed to be?

Ok, maybe he was in the wrong event to do so, but still...
05:24 AM on 01/21/13
cantbesaved
you are the sheep; i am the wolf
User Info.
#teamlupe
down with the system maaaaan
05:32 AM on 01/21/13
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
He's criticized Obama in his music, so why the hell would you book him for something like this?
05:42 AM on 01/21/13
themagicrat
Winnie Cooper is a goddamned whore
User Info.
He's criticized Obama in his music, so why the hell would you book him for something like this?
Exactly. He very clearly says that he didn't vote for him the first time and wouldn't the second time. The song was a goddamn single, it sounds like whoever booked this way completely clueless. But they should at least be honest about why they pulled him off stage.
05:46 AM on 01/21/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
They definitely booked him just to create drama lol

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT