Username
Password

05:00 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old
This thread was requested by CallMeTroy. So I don't actually have my own ranking for this because truth be told I've never really listened to them but have always been interested. I plan on using your rankings as a way to determine which album I should start with. It's my understanding they have quite a large discography so this should be interesting.
05:11 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Switzerland
Male - 29 Years Old
Left at least half their albums out because their are so many I don't really remember some of them well enough.

1. The Process of Belief
2. The Empire Strikes First
3. Suffer
4. Stranger Than Fiction
5. Generator
6. The Grey Race
7. The New America
8. New Maps of Hell
05:20 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
I plan on using your rankings as a way to determine which album I should start with.

If you're just getting into Bad Religion, I recommend starting with Stranger Than Fiction or Suffer.

1. Against The Grain
2. No Control
3. Suffer
4. Stranger Than Fiction
5. The Empire Strikes First
6. Generator
7. Recipe For Hate
8. True North
9. No Substance
10. Into The Unknown
11. The Process Of Belief
12. How Could Hell Be Any Worse?
13. New Maps Of Hell
14. The Gray Race
15. The New America
16. The Dissent Of Man
05:22 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Let's have a go, I'm not including their new one in this;

Suffer
Against The Grain
No Control
Generator
How Could Hell be Any Worse?
The Empire Strikes First
The Process of Belief
Stranger Than Fiction
Recipe For Hate
The New America
The Grey Race
New Maps of Hell
The Dissent of Man
No Substance

I haven't heard Into The Unknown, but supposedly it's dreadful, so maybe that'd go at the bottom.
05:52 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
No Control
Recipe For Hate
Suffer
Generator
The Process of Belief
Stranger Than Fiction
The Empire Strikes First
Against the Grain
The Dissent of Man
The Gray Race
New Maps of Hell
How Could Hell Be Any Worse?
The New America
No Substance

If I did this list at another time, then the top three would probably be in a different order. I haven't listened to Into the Unknown and I've only given True North one listen so I'm not sure where I'd rank it just yet.
06:18 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
ACA
Next Show: MotionCitySoundtrack @NY
NJ / NYC
Male
You should really listen to Into the Unknown, if you've already invested time into listening to the other 15 records.
06:29 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
You should really listen to Into the Unknown, if you've already invested time into listening to the other 15 records.

The band have pretty much disowned Into The Unknown, so I don't really think about it when I think of Bad Religion. I've youtube'd a few songs and they sound pretty dire, so I have no motivation to check it out. Maybe I will someday.
06:38 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Switzerland
Male - 29 Years Old
Had never heard of "Into The Unknown" , started listening to it just now, I am giggling.
06:52 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
Had never heard of "Into The Unknown" , started listening to it just now, I am giggling.

The band have pretty much disowned Into The Unknown, so I don't really think about it when I think of Bad Religion. I've youtube'd a few songs and they sound pretty dire, so I have no motivation to check it out. Maybe I will someday.

They certainly don't play any tracks from it, but the album shows a lot of the creativity the band had up their sleeve -- even if the results ended up somewhat strange. The album also resulted in the departure of two band members, which unquestionably shaped Bad Religion going forward. Of course it's not their best, but it's an important listen into Bad Religion history.

My favorite "thing" about Bad Religion is watching the music industry's production style, cost, and effort change over the course of three decades. Fourteen year olds can do more with a $300 laptop in 2013 than Bad Religion could do with their entire budget when their debut came out. As they gained label support, as production costs dropped, as the loudness wars took hold.. the results were generally a band playing the same style of music decades later but in a more polished form.

There are a lot of bands who have their own version of Into the Unknown these days, but it's not as noticeable with the super slick production that has become a standard for all genres.
06:56 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
I am definitely intrigued by this album now haha

I only own a few of their albums and have been playing True North non-stop, I should really get round to getting more of them, but I'll go with;

No Control > Suffer > Against The Grain > True North > Generator > The Process Of Belief > Recipe For Hate

Which of the ones I don't list should I go with next?
07:09 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
Into The Unknown, for anyone who hasn't listened to the album as a whole (as it should be heard). It's definitely an interesting record for Bad Religion, being far more prog than punk. It's actually decent, and only gets so much hate for sounding completely out-of-place compared to the band's established style.

07:11 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Switzerland
Male - 29 Years Old
They certainly don't play any tracks from it, but the album shows a lot of the creativity the band had up their sleeve -- even if the results ended up somewhat strange. The album also resulted in the departure of two band members, which unquestionably shaped Bad Religion going forward. Of course it's not their best, but it's an important listen into Bad Religion history.

My favorite "thing" about Bad Religion is watching the music industry's production style, cost, and effort change over the course of three decades. Fourteen year olds can do more with a $300 laptop in 2013 than Bad Religion could do with their entire budget when their debut came out. As they gained label support, as production costs dropped, as the loudness wars took hold.. the results were generally a band playing the same style of music decades later but in a more polished form.

There are a lot of bands who have their own version of Into the Unknown these days, but it's not as noticeable with the super slick production that has become a standard for all genres.

It's not that bad at all! It is just really odd hearing it in comparison to the rest of their catalog
07:14 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
ACA
NJ / NYC
Male
I am definitely intrigued by this album now haha

I only own a few of their albums and have been playing True North non-stop, I should really get round to getting more of them, but I'll go with;

No Control > Suffer > Against The Grain > True North > Generator > The Process Of Belief > Recipe For Hate

Which of the ones I don't list should I go with next?

The Empire Strikes First
07:29 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
1. Suffer
2. No Control
3. The Process of Belief
4. How Could Hell Be Any Worse?
5. Against the Grain
6. Recipe for Hate
7. The Empire Strikes First
8. Generator
9. New Maps of Hell
10. Stranger Than Fiction
11. The Dissent of Man
12. The New America
13. The Gray Race
14. Into the Unknown
15. No Substance

I'll be listening to True North for the first time today, so obviously it won't be on the list.
07:34 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
Chesterfield, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
1. No Control
2. Suffer
3. The Process of Belief
4. The Empire Strikes First
5. Stranger Than Fiction
6. Against The Grain