Password

07:07 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old

Quote:
The film stars Renner, Arterton, Famke Janssen, Peter Stormare, Zoe Bell and Derek Mears.

PLOT:
Quote:
Catching up with Hansel and Gretel (Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton), fifteen years after the traumatic incident involving a gingerbread house, the siblings have grown into vengeful bounty hunters dedicated to exterminating witches. Over the years, the siblings became expert hunters, famous for their proficiency at tracking and taking down their prey. Although still recovering from their ordeal, their work is relatively easy as for an unknown reason harmful spells and curses do not work well against them.
The Mayor of Augsburg, Germany recruits them to rid the town and nearby forests of an evil sorceress (Famke Janssen) who is planning to sacrifice many local children at the witches' gathering during the upcoming 'Blood Moon' night in two days time. To make things worse, the duo also has to deal with the brutal Sheriff Berringer (Peter Stormare) who has taken power in Augsburg and conducts a very indiscriminate witch-hunt of his own

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n...ational-poster

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1428538/

Thoughts?
01:11 PM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Loved Dead Snow, the trailers have looked great for this so I remain excited. Hopefully it remains the horror feel and isn't just a big action movie.
03:59 PM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
If it can maintain the horror feel with action/comedy infused, then I'm sold. Just about every character Renner has been asked to play, he's done a fine job. I'm confident.

The presence of Famke Janssen and Gemma Arterton don't hurt either.
10:46 AM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
New TV Spots
07:15 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
colorlesscliche
you talk too much.
Maryland
Male - 28 Years Old
Gemma looked gorgeous. I didn't realize this was produced by Ferral and McKay - strange mix.
07:28 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
Not screened to critics. Never a really promising sign.
07:29 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
So much no on this one.
05:32 AM on 01/25/13 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
Saw this last night with a friend(we got two free passes), and I have to say I actually liked the film, haha. Expectations going in weren't very high, which probably helped. It was based off a fairy tale, so I knew I couldn't take it too seriously. The film ended up be pretty entertaining, and used 3D actually really well I thought. The film tried being more edgy than a traditional fairy tale, in using more foul language and more horror/gore throughout. The action was quick, the visuals were nice to look at, funny dialog was peppered throughout, Gemma was pretty hot, and the story itself, imo, was interesting to follow. Hans Zimmer did the music too, and it fit the movie pretty well. In the end I'd say this film went above my expectations; if you're looking to see a film for some good entertainment and a decently entertaining story, I recommend this one.
05:41 AM on 01/25/13 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
Interesting. Was curious to see how Gemma was going to be.
05:45 AM on 01/25/13 
User Info.
colorlesscliche
you talk too much.
Maryland
Male - 28 Years Old
Interesting. Was curious to see how Gemma was going to be.

She's awesome man, those lips.
06:02 AM on 01/25/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Not screened to critics. Never a really promising sign.

It was also pushed from its original March 2012 release date due to lack of confidence against the The Lorax, Project X, among others. Also, it looks like complete garbage.
06:26 AM on 01/25/13 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
hansel and gretel get baked
06:28 AM on 01/25/13 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
It was also pushed from its original March 2012 release date due to lack of confidence against the The Lorax, Project X, among others. Also, it looks like complete garbage.

I tell you sir, it's not complete garbage.
12:14 PM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
http://www.theonion.com/articles/nat...nd-gret,31017/

Quote:
ALEXANDRIA, VA—Setting up barricades and unloading emergency food supplies today as they readied for what may perhaps be the single most commercially successful film of all time, movie theaters across the nation continued urgently preparing for the massive crowds of fans expected to rush their doors for Friday’s premiere of Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. “If we don’t guard these exits and reinforce the doors, people will literally break them down,” Regal Cinemas manager Dan Engle said as he mobilized his staff for the Jeremy Renner–Gemma Arterton action-adventure-horror film, which is scheduled to play on all 12 of the theater’s screens during all scheduled showtimes throughout the day. “Folks, I don’t want to be a pain here, but in mere hours we’re going to have hundreds—if not thousands—of screaming Hansel and Gretel fans lined up outside trying to see this film, and if we don’t have a body at every door then these people will, I shit you not, burst into the projection room and steal the movie itself right off the projector.” At press time, officials at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer had ordered extra security detail for the film’s director, Tommy Wirkola, until the worldwide pandemonium dies down.
12:42 PM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
Just a bit overkill ha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music