AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Heart to Heart/The Ally...

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (01/25/13)
The Ally Coalition was founded by the members of fun. and designer Rachel Antonoff to take action for LGBTQ equality. California pop punkers Heart to Heart have teamed up with the organization to create a public service announcement. Head to the replies to view the video. This is an issue close to the band, as drummer Stuart Stock publicly came out last year. Heart to Heart also put out a killer self-titled album in October, which is still streaming on their AP.net profile.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
06:06 AM on 01/25/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

One year ago this month Stuart Stock, drummer of Heart to Heart, faced one of the toughest obstacles in his life and publicly came out to his family, friends, and the world. "Life is amazing and I am so grateful for the air I breathe, but life can also suck sometimes. So bad to the point where you feel like giving up. I've been there, but we all keep pushing, if not for yourself, then your friends and your family....I am gay. But if it wasn't for my family, my friends, and my brothers in this band, I couldn't have gotten through this." Along with Stuart and Heart to Heart, we would like to encourage our peers to stand up for not only LGBTQ equality, but human equality for all. Heart to Heart and Anchor Eighty Four Records are proud to have joined The Ally Coalition in supporting out LGBTQ brothers and sisters, friends and family.

The band Fun. and designer Rachel Antonoff have joined forces to create The Ally Coalition (TAC) with the purpose of inspiring people, in particular their peers in the music, fashion and entertainment industry, to take action in the fight for LGBTQ equality. TAC believes that it is the responsibility of allies to support LGBTQ causes and fight against discrimination through education, awareness and advocacy.

For more info on The Ally Coalition and how you can help, please visit http://theallycoalition.org
06:12 AM on 01/25/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Awesome.
06:28 AM on 01/25/13
Loveisa4lttrwrd
stuff
User Info.
Wonderful.
06:53 AM on 01/25/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
They seem like great dudes. I remember them being incredibly pissed off when the guy from For Today did that rant.
07:45 AM on 01/25/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
I love them for this.
10:21 AM on 01/25/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
inb4 AbsoluteHomosexuals.net, "They all hate Christians", etc.

Seriously though, mad props to these guys for doing the video. I hadn't heard of them before, but the song clips were awesome, so I'll give their music a try too.
10:22 AM on 01/25/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
inb4 AbsoluteHomosexuals.net, "They all hate Christians", etc.

Seriously though, mad props to these guys for doing the video. I hadn't heard of them before, but the song clips were awesome, so I'll give their music a try too.
They're really good. Their album was criminally overlooked. Check their profile for the stream.
10:23 AM on 01/25/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
They're really good. Their album was criminally overlooked. Check their profile for the stream.
will do!
10:38 AM on 01/25/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Playing with this band in March. Pretty excited. This is awesome.
12:13 PM on 01/25/13
tonyC4L
tech-savvy at-risk youth
User Info.
Very cool of them to do this. I know some gay people like to shit all over "allies" but I think it's great when anyone is willing to be a vocal advocate for equality.

And not to trivialize this but damn their drummer is sexy.
03:52 PM on 01/25/13
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
Awesome. I love this Ally Coalition stuff.
04:24 PM on 01/25/13
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
This is so great! More gay musicians need to come out--and more straight people need to declare themselves as allies. 100% back this.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests