Username
Password

09:09 PM on 01/25/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...-3-movie-slate
It's been announced that a Dr. Strange film will be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase 3 , following the conclusion of Phase 2 in Avengers 2.
So far it's just Ant-Man and Dr.Strange for Phase 3. Who else do you guys think will make the cut? Hoping for an Immortal Iron Fist movie based on the plot of Ed Brubaker's series or a Black Panther film.

For those not familiar with the character Dr. Strange is the Marvel U's Sorcerer Supreme and is the key figure in the magic/paranormal side of the Marvel U.
10:30 AM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
Jamestown, NY
Male - 27 Years Old
I love that they're already giving details about Phase 3 but hate waiting for these films to arrive...
04:31 PM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Huddersfield, UK
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm hoping Janet, as Wasp, is in Ant-Man at the very least
04:38 PM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Jesus fucking christ. This is getting ridiculous.
05:07 PM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Nice, I love Doc Strange
05:43 PM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
I hope it's written by George R.R Martin , he has shown interest before in writing a Dr Strange comic. He'd be perfect for this, but he does have a lot on his plate with finishing A Song Of Ice and Fire series and Games Of Thrones.
05:47 PM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm hoping it's Scott Lang's Ant Man and not Hank Pym and Janet. Pym has too many issues that are way too heavy for a Disney owned comic book movie, and it's something i think that is integral to Pym's character , they can't just leave it out like they're doing with Tony Stark's Alcoholism.
06:03 PM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Also i'm just speculating but i think this is a move by Disney and Marvel to counter WB and Del Toro's planned DC Magic/paranormal superteam film (working title "Dark Universe"
I''m sure both will be great so i love it.

If Del Toro includes John Constantine and Dead Man in his lineup the makers of Dr.Strange are sure in for some competition.
10:38 PM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
industrialbelt
don't you quote me!
I read somewhere viggo m was attached to this. I agree that we need a black panther film. Vibranium on film will be awesome.
11:09 PM on 01/26/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
I read somewhere viggo m was attached to this. I agree that we need a black panther film. Vibranium on film will be awesome.
good choice.
05:15 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
Canvey Island,...
Male - 23 Years Old
Excited. But I don't think Ant Man or Doctor Strange will do as well as other projects. Hoping they announce an official return for Hulk as well.
05:54 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
industrialbelt
don't you quote me!
Excited. But I don't think Ant Man or Doctor Strange will do as well as other projects. Hoping they announce an official return for Hulk as well.

they have rufallo signed on for something crazy like 8 movies if they still want him. i assume they'll have a hulk movie soon.
06:55 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
Canvey Island,...
Male - 23 Years Old
they have rufallo signed on for something crazy like 8 movies if they still want him. i assume they'll have a hulk movie soon.

The deal was for 6. So I imagine throughout Phase Two he'll be in after credits scenes, maybe focusing on the scientist side of Bruce Banner researching the Tesseract's powers? Or maybe even part of the Infinity Gauntlet leading up to Thanos?
07:54 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
So who could we see as Strange? I like Viggo. Someone suggested Johnny Depp, which would be interesting..
07:57 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm hoping it's Scott Lang's Ant Man and not Hank Pym and Janet. Pym has too many issues that are way too heavy for a Disney owned comic book movie, and it's something i think that is integral to Pym's character , they can't just leave it out like they're doing with Tony Stark's Alcoholism.

They've said it could actually be both, but there's no confirmation either way. The earliest drafts had Pym as Ant-Man in the past, with Lang somehow coming along the suit/powers and teaming up with Pym. I'm not a fan of this idea, but it's almost certainly been rewritten because it was crafted prior to most of the Marvel movies and didn't mesh with the established MCU. Either way, I'm pretty sure they won't include the wife-beating aspect of Pym in the first movie. haha

Also, I'd say they haven't left out Stark's alcoholism. It was a pretty big aspect of Iron Man 2, but, given reports of Stark exhibiting an almost PTSD reaction to the events in The Avengers, I think you could maybe see him back to some of those tendencies in Iron Man 3.

I certainly hope so too, but we'll see.

Technically, vibranium has been on film several times now with Cap's shield. haha

So who could we see as Strange? I like Viggo. Someone suggested Johnny Depp, which would be interesting..

I've always liked the Viggo idea. I also wouldn't mind Jim Caviezel or Benedict Cumberbatch. For a more obscure pick, perhaps Jon Hamm.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos