Username
Password
Drama News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Drama
Inside AP.net

Member of Volumes Jumped at Rockettown in Nashville

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (01/26/13)
Update #2: The promoter for Rockettown has spoken out and addressed the situation as false.

Update: Apparently it was a member of security that jumped Michael.

Tonight, Michael Barr from Volumes was jumped at the Nashville venue Rockettown. Apparently he dedicated a song to a gay friend which didn't go over well.

Submitted by positiv-o

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 309.
09:17 PM on 01/26/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Everyone just needs to avoid this venue and shut them down.
09:19 PM on 01/26/13
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Wow.. awful lot of hate in this world.
09:19 PM on 01/26/13
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
That's beyond fucked. Although this is wrong, surely after recent controversy he could have avoided dedicating a song to his gay friend, It obviously wasn't going to go over well.
09:21 PM on 01/26/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
That's beyond fucked. Although this is wrong, surely after recent controversy he could have avoided dedicating a song to his gay friend, It obviously wasn't going to go over well.
He should be able to speak his mind, he's a performer, the stage is his. He didn't threaten anyone in any way. He shouldn't be physically harmed for speaking nothing hateful or harmful.
anamericangod
User Info.
Yeah, people should keep silent about social inequality and human rights!
dreamoverrecord
User Info.
i smell bullshit.
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
"next time you will get shot, lil homie"
more heart
Midtown Saves
User Info.
In his defense, Volumes is not even close to being in the same scene as Hostage Calm (the story was spread around mostly by pop punk/punk bands) so it's possible for him to not even be aware.Regardless, it's still inexcusable for someone to physically attack him.
09:23 PM on 01/26/13
GetWellBoss
Augustine / Ryan
User Info.
Pretty sure he could press charges and file a civil lawsuit(if he hasn't already yet).

Edit: If that guy that posted on facebook actually is part of the venue**
09:23 PM on 01/26/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Obviously this a terrible thing to happen, and I hope the dude is alright, but what a weird dedication that must have been.

"This goes out to buddy Greg, dude is totally gay. I didn't really have to specify that like it completely defines him as a person, but ummm.... anyway yeah thanks for hanging out Greg, you rule."

Someone tell me they have a song about LGBT rights or something that he brought for even a second.
09:25 PM on 01/26/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Obviously this a terrible thing to happen, and I hope the dude is alright, but what a weird dedication that must have been.

"This goes out to buddy Greg, dude is totally gay. I didn't really have to specify that like it completely defines him as a person, but ummm.... anyway yeah thanks for hanging out Greg, you rule."

Someone tell me they have a song about LGBT rights or something that he brought for even a second.
I'm assuming he brought up the the recent issue that occurred, said something about the venue being ignorant, dedicated a song to his friend.
09:28 PM on 01/26/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
totally want to go off on this guy...but look like his facebook page is protected
09:29 PM on 01/26/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I'm assuming he brought up the the recent issue that occurred, said something about the venue being ignorant, dedicated a song to his friend.
I guess that'd make sense, I dunno, I'd have to see what he said. Maybe he just dedicated a song to his gay friend and got jumped in the same night, not necessarily related. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions with so little information on this out yet. Maybe I just don't want to assume the worst in people.
09:29 PM on 01/26/13
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
Yeah, people should keep silent about social inequality and human rights!

Definitely not what I meant. I just think at in a venue that has had lots of controversy regarding homosexuality recently,saying something like "I dedicate this song to Josh, he's gay, but I love him" is not the greatest idea. Why point it out in the first place?

In his defense, Volumes is not even close to being in the same scene as Hostage Calm (the story was spread around mostly by pop punk/punk bands) so it's possible for him to not even be aware. Regardless, it's still inexcusable for someone to physically attack him.

That does make sense. It's still ridiculous for him to be attacked for mentioning a gay friend.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests