AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:56 PM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
So I just watched The Last Airbender on TV, rather 20 minutes of it before I decided that it was the worst movie Ive ever seen, next to Dragonball Evolution. These three shows are dear to me and the two real life movies theyve made have been abysmal. At first these movies ruined any interest of others trying to make these films again in the future for me, but some amateur youtube videos, though they are hilariously bad, are good enough to kind of give me an inkling of hope that there could be a well made real life version of these shows.

I dont really know if its even possible to make a successful adaptation from cartoon to film just because they're two entirely different things. To make any of them good, youd basically have to strip away the innocence and naivety of the originals and make them edgier or darker, which in turn kind of takes away what you love about the original. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
08:16 PM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
thursday727
More over than Santa Claus baybay!
Wick City, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
weird i just had a convo with my friend at work today about the possibilty of a dark and edgy live action Pokemon movie and he actually told me about Apokelypse.
08:22 PM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
That part where Ash tells Misty "I choose you" gets me every time haha
08:33 PM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
i've never seen these before. thanks!
i've only watched the second one and some scenes actually looked good.
09:45 PM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
Fuck you M. Night Shyamalan.
09:47 PM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
Agreed. I coudlve sworn he did the Dragonball movie too, but I was mistaken.
05:48 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
Coral Springs, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't think I'd ever want a live action Pokemon film. They'd make them all realistic looking and I prefer them animated the way they are now. Definitely wouldn't want it to be violent with guns like that fake movie thing either.
06:04 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
They pump enough money into the animated films to make them good. I'll take those forever over a live action.

Also, cannot wait to see that new DBZ film.
06:39 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
They pump enough money into the animated films to make them good. I'll take those forever over a live action.

Also, cannot wait to see that new DBZ film.

Didnt even know about it till now. The trailer looks amazing. You know if its being released in English as soon as the Japenese one? cuz that one comes out in march, but cant find anything about an English dub.
07:43 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
Come on, that DBZ trailer looks like 100% shit. Evolution was garbage too. Still waiting for a good live action DBZ film. Most likely it will never happen though. :(

Also, the live action Avatar movie was bull shit as well. I give him credit for attempting it, but there was to much he left out.

I do think it possible to make a good live action cartoon film, but I have just yet to see it done.
09:02 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Last Airbender movie was awful. Honestly, I like the fact that the shows are cartoons. I think it adds to what it is, and when they try to make a live action adaptation they ruin that element.
09:45 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
Canvey Island,...
Male - 23 Years Old
Dragonball: Evolution was awful.
Apokelypse was a pretty epic trailer, I remember watching it unfold with people thinking it was a real trailer.

The thing with anime is that it'll never transition properly into live action because of it's silly over the top tones, colours and characters. There's no way it'll get caught in the right way.
11:37 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
woohoo!
There's so much room for activities
Broken Arrow, OK
Male - 23 Years Old
I think Avatar could be done, just not based on a whole season of the show, Aang or Korra. I think if they made a totally original story that could easily fit into an hour and a half/two hours and didn't mess with the mechanics of how stuff works then it could be done. [ie. fire benders needed a fire already there to bend it, unlike on the show, or messing with names "Ong" instead of "Aang"]. I've also thought it totally doesn't have to be about Aang or Korra. They could do it based on Kyoshi. She was pretty much the reason they did a girl for the new series. and M. Night Shamalon doesn't ever need to direct anything ever again
12:37 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
Come on, that DBZ trailer looks like 100% shit. Evolution was garbage too. Still waiting for a good live action DBZ film. Most likely it will never happen though. :(

Also, the live action Avatar movie was bull shit as well. I give him credit for attempting it, but there was to much he left out.

I do think it possible to make a good live action cartoon film, but I have just yet to see it done.

If you were referring to what I said I meant the trailer for the upcoming animated movie, not the amateur trailer that i posted. I know thats shit, but it proves that if these youtube people can make the action/fighting more like the show, a legitimate movie would probably be amazing, if done right.

And I agree with the Avatar thing. I mean im sure its impossible to include a whole 3 series show into a movie, but the acting was laughable, didnt agree with the casting, they changed too much, and it just really didnt do anything for me.

We should start a petition to have Chris Nolan make all three movies.

Edit: I could see Hugh Jackman as Vegeta.

12:42 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
Then you got your krillin

And Trunks!!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles