AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Property of Zack News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

POZ Presents: "The Culture of First"

Posted by - 02:13 PM on 01/28/13
PropertyOfZack asked Adam Pfleider to write a column on the "culture of being first" in response to Friday's Fall Out Boy news. Read it here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
02:15 PM on 01/28/13
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
"first!"

(that's what i thought the article was gonna be about, hahaha. but then i was pleasantly surprised.)
02:19 PM on 01/28/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Yeah
02:31 PM on 01/28/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think the most overlooked fact here is that Zack found FIVE different sources, all willing to spill the beans. It's pretty awful that so many trusted sources were found. I agree that it can be disappointing for big announce plans, but these bands/management groups need to play smarter and hold information closer to the chest.
02:33 PM on 01/28/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I think the most overlooked fact here is that Zack found FIVE different sources, all willing to spill the beans. It's pretty awful that so many trusted sources were found. I agree that it can be disappointing for big announce plans, but these bands/management groups need to play smarter and hold information closer to the chest.

Another few people that I trust 100% too came to me after saying they knew. Crazy how many non-essentials knew
02:33 PM on 01/28/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
interestingly worded news post haha
02:35 PM on 01/28/13
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
Assuming that they aren't playing fast and loose with information in the hopes that they might get some buzz and anticipation worked up.
02:37 PM on 01/28/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Another few people that I trust 100% too came to me after saying they knew. Crazy how many non-essentials knew
Exactly my point - ZERO non-essentials should know.

Think about Shone - none of us have reported their line-up (to my knowledge, anyway).
02:45 PM on 01/28/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
interestingly worded news post haha
I'm in desperate need of burritos
02:45 PM on 01/28/13
guitaristbrb
User Info.
Exactly my point - ZERO non-essentials should know.

Think about Shone - none of us have reported their line-up (to my knowledge, anyway).

I deffintly agree. I'm nobody at all and I knew a few days before it was somewhat "annouced" on Friday. Just felt bummed I knew anything it takes away that shock factor in a way.
02:50 PM on 01/28/13
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
"No one likes a bragging douchebag in or outside the club."

I've heard maaaaaany things outside of show venues during smokebreaks that I am half tempted to submit to ap.net because I know it's newsworthy, but then I don't because I'm not gonna be that guy. Plus it's kind of cool knowing something that thousands of other people don't know yet

Hell, one of my favorite bands for the last ten years or so is broken up now and haven't announced it. I like the idea of keeping mum because once it's out there already I think it really solidifies the decision for the band. My hope is this band will work something out, anyway, despite choosing to quit already. Kind of like the way Underoath secretely broke up, but then didn't...and no one really knew it happened until well after they were back together.
02:58 PM on 01/28/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I'm in desperate need of burritos

Drew the one thing Joey Ritter forgot to ask is what is your go-to burrito?
02:59 PM on 01/28/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Drew the one thing Joey Ritter forgot to ask is what is your go-to burrito?
chicken with white rice, pinto beans, corn, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and just a drop of guac haha
03:00 PM on 01/28/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
First.
03:01 PM on 01/28/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
chicken with white rice, pinto beans, corn, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and just a drop of guac haha

Please get Barbacoa it will change your life and make you a better person.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos