Username
Password
Record Sales News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Record Sales
Inside AP.net

NPR Posts Article About Rising Postage Rates

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (01/29/13)
NPR posted an article about how the recent increase in postal rates affects small record labels.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21.
11:33 AM on 01/29/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Experienced this firsthand when I went to ship some records yesterday. International went way up, in some cases basically doubling.
11:48 AM on 01/29/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Yup. I'm dropping int'l shipping for now on single LPs. Gotta get a distro. I'm done.
12:02 PM on 01/29/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I've never ordered internationally, but that does sound pretty shitty.
01:02 PM on 01/29/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
yep.. it sucks for them.
01:04 PM on 01/29/13
Junction183
User Info.
16 Billion in annual losses, why hasn't the USPS been privatized yet?
01:12 PM on 01/29/13
ffadam
Heaven Sent
User Info.
This is rubbish for us.
01:27 PM on 01/29/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
16 Billion in annual losses, why hasn't the USPS been privatized yet?

You mean like fedex and ups? I think if those were cheaper to ship internationally, labels would use them instead...
01:27 PM on 01/29/13
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
I'd just like to point out that, while this sucks for everyone who has to ship obviously, there really isn't anything they can do about it. They have to raise rates just to ATTEMPT to break even (which they still aren't even close on).
01:30 PM on 01/29/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
You mean like fedex and ups? I think if those were cheaper to ship internationally, labels would use them instead...

Much more expensive
01:34 PM on 01/29/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.

exactly. this isn't something privatization can solve. Its really just the fault of increased fuel costs and inflation. The "solution" is to use distros and ship everything over in bulk and then divide it up once it gets there. Still won't be cheap, but I'm sure its better than mailing a package straight to 221B Baker Street.
01:36 PM on 01/29/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
exactly. this isn't something privatization can solve. Its really just the fault of increased fuel costs and inflation. The "solution" is to use distros and ship everything over in bulk and then divide it up once it gets there. Still won't be cheap, but I'm sure its better than mailing a package straight to 221B Baker Street.

That's what I'm gonna do. I enjoy doing my mailorder, but only domestic for now.
03:52 PM on 01/29/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Such a bummer. I intern at a record label run out of a guy's apartment and we just did the last of the orders before the change last thursday. It's really hard on both ends, and unfortunately, I'm thinking a lot of people are going to blame the labels as opposed to the real culprit.
03:57 PM on 01/29/13
D' Evils
User Info.
Such a bummer. I intern at a record label run out of a guy's apartment and we just did the last of the orders before the change last thursday. It's really hard on both ends, and unfortunately, I'm thinking a lot of people are going to blame the labels as opposed to the real culprit.
Who's the real culprit?
04:06 PM on 01/29/13
Junction183
User Info.
So you support the USPS losing 16 Billion dollars annually of taxpayers money to keep the record labels international shipping costs artificially low?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS