AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

04:37 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
tommyishere
Balloon Manufactuar
Male - 22 Years Old
Or anyone that knows anything about the mouth?

About a weekend and a half ago I went to Chipotle had my burrito then left to go to a concert. After finishing my burrito I noticed a piece of steak was stuck in between my upper molars and I could not dislodge it, I also had no floss. When I got back home I took floss and got rid of that piece of meat (hooray) but also noticed blood on the floss. The next morning I woke up and realized the spot where I flossed was quite sore.......fast forward to today and it still is in some pain, not real bad but it is still irritating. I don't know if I cut my gum or I actually have no idea why my gum is in pain. I brush my teeth twice a day and floss before bed, I also use mouthwash in the afternoon so I take pretty damn good care of my teeth. Do I need like Ora-gel or something? Help!
04:41 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Wash your mouth with saltwater and mouthwash separately. If that doesn't do it, check with your dentist.
04:51 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
tommyishere
Balloon Manufactuar
Male - 22 Years Old
Wash your mouth with saltwater and mouthwash separately. If that doesn't do it, check with your dentist.

Warm salt water?
04:57 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Yes.
05:13 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
From the sound of it, you may have just cut your gum.
05:18 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
Not pre-dental but I take a lot of health-related courses so:

The mouth heals extremely quickly in most cases, but I would give it another few days. I think you may have just really irritated your gum by having that stuck in there and then pushing the floss in. Oragel could help you if you really can't handle the pain, but I think it should definitely be feeling better in 2-3 days. After that if it still hurts that is very weird and I'd call a dentist.
05:22 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Sounds like a cut in the gum to me. Warm salt water definitely helps, I always felt a little better after rinsing with some when my wisdom teeth were out. It wouldn't hurt just to call the dentist and ask his opinion over the phone, though, you may not necessarily have to come in and he might be able to ease your mind. And, even if you have to go in, it's better than developing something worse =p
05:54 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
koopman
Espo
Male - 23 Years Old
Sometimes cuts can turn into canker sores which can form nearly anywhere inside the mouth and be quite painful, they have a distinctive appearance usually, but can definitely appear as a cut/sore as well.
06:03 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
The 315
Male
Aspirin should take the pain away.
06:24 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
tommyishere
Balloon Manufactuar
Male - 22 Years Old
Sometimes cuts can turn into canker sores which can form nearly anywhere inside the mouth and be quite painful, they have a distinctive appearance usually, but can definitely appear as a cut/sore as well.

Can you actually get a canker sore in-between two teeth?
06:50 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
georgea&d
notapanda
No Avatar Selected
Bellerose, Long...
Male
Can you actually get a canker sore in-between two teeth?

Yes, but it's uncommon. Usually, a canker sore forms from a tear in the dermis (membrane) on the lower or upper inside lip. There's no mucal dermis on the gums, so it's pretty rare to get it on the gum tissue itself.

That being said, there are a few other culprits that may play into this. If you eat a concentrated amount of citrus fruits, lay back. The citric acid raeps enamel, and soft mucous membranes on the inner lip dermis are no different. If you smoke, stop! I kept getting canker sores, and when I went to my doctor, lo and behold, the cause was there. Same goes for alcohol and sugary drinks. Ditto for spicy shit like Frank's or anything Indian.

So now, you should get treatment. Wash your mouth out with Hydrogen Peroxide. Don't gargle, just swish it around and spit. Stay the hell away from mouthwash. Many mouthwashes contain alcohol, and can aggravate the sore. And DON'T use magic mouthwash. That stuff don't work, and a lot of the shit in it is dangerous to ingest.

Well, hope this helps...
08:19 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
New Jersey
Male
Take some Vicodin and call me in the morning.
08:34 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
The mouth usually heals fast. Give it a few more days. Stop poking at it and you won't even notice when it's gone.

and what the hell is magic mouthwash?
03:49 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
Holy crap, AP is a gigantic collection of dentists.
04:12 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
Worcestershire, UK
Male - 20 Years Old
Holy crap, AP is a gigantic collection of dentists.

Hahahaha made me laugh

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version