AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: Rise and Creation of the Acoustic...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (01/29/13)
PropertyOfZack has a new "Perspective" article today about the rise and creation behind the Warped Tour's Acoustic Basement. You can read it here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
01:38 PM on 01/29/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i loved this stage at warped last year. really looking forward to see who all plays it this summer.
01:40 PM on 01/29/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Bryan's awesome, and did a killer job all summer with the tent. You don't realize how hard it is until you're out there in the heat for 12 hours busting your ass every day, and he held it down.
02:33 PM on 01/29/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Such a great idea, I'm very glad it worked out. Brian really worked hard to make it work.

I think I had one of my favorite Warped tour experiences and my least favorite in the Acoustic Basement.
03:11 PM on 01/29/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Such a cool idea, I'm glad it finally panned out. It kind of bums me out I wasn't able to get into his solo music at my date.
03:42 PM on 01/29/13
George_mm
You bred raptors?
User Info.
Such a great idea, I'm very glad it worked out. Brian really worked hard to make it work.

I think I had one of my favorite Warped tour experiences and my least favorite in the Acoustic Basement.
Share them!
06:10 PM on 01/29/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Awesome: Front row for Yellowcard acoustic. Incredible.

Horrible: Sleeping With Sirens fangirls pushing and screaming during YC's set and complaining about me standing in front listening to the music (I'm 6'2"ish). They weren't there to enjoy the music, they were there to try and touch Kellin. And then the second YC was done there was a massive push from the back and me and my buddy in the front were pushed over on the stage. Brian had already almost had to cancel all of the basement sets that day due to fire marshall, so he was really unhappy with them and almost cancelled SWS' set. We left after that point...not sure if they calmed down or not.
09:17 AM on 01/30/13
J.Dick
User Info.
Isn't this just a Warped rip off of the Revival Tour?
11:26 AM on 01/30/13
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
Brian Marquis is the man, and that stage area had a great vibe ALL day.
01:01 PM on 01/31/13
briantalife
Brian Marquis
User Info.
Isn't this just a Warped rip off of the Revival Tour?
revival tour was one of my inspirations for wanting to bring something similar to warped tour and i had chuck on my stage last summer and we had a blast together. chuck has become a friend and a mentor as well for my stage and tour. if you have been to a revival tour show you'd see it different. their shows are more of a collaborative event where all the artists trade off playing songs and covers together as well as solo and the style tends to lean more towards alt country, folk and bluegrass. that being said, i definitely wanted to bring that camaraderie and stripped down vibe to warped with a mix of pop, indie, punk, folk artists within the alternative/punk community.
01:02 PM on 01/31/13
briantalife
Brian Marquis
User Info.
thanks for all the support guys! look forward to seeing you out on the road in february and this summer! cheers.
12:06 PM on 02/01/13
J.Dick
User Info.
revival tour was one of my inspirations for wanting to bring something similar to warped tour and i had chuck on my stage last summer and we had a blast together. chuck has become a friend and a mentor as well for my stage and tour. if you have been to a revival tour show you'd see it different. their shows are more of a collaborative event where all the artists trade off playing songs and covers together as well as solo and the style tends to lean more towards alt country, folk and bluegrass. that being said, i definitely wanted to bring that camaraderie and stripped down vibe to warped with a mix of pop, indie, punk, folk artists within the alternative/punk community.

I have been to the Revival tour many times. Truth is that its easy to get cynical when you see the Warped name attached to anything (that being said I have also been to Warped tour many times and I generally have fun).
I'm not judging, its just a similar kind of thing...there was some dude handing out Acoustic Basement fliers at the Hot Water Music show in Pittsburgh the other night.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests