AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Record Sales News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bad Religion Chart Career High

Posted by - 02:34 PM on 01/30/13
Bad Religion's new album True North debuted at #18 on the Billboard 200, making it the band's highest chart position in its career.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 45
02:34 PM on 01/30/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Bad Religion Chart SuccessTrue North, the brand new album from punk pioneers Bad Religion is out now and it’s a smash success. Reaching their highest chart position in their 33 year career, their 16th studio album has received an enthusiastic welcome by fans. True North immediately hit the #1 position on the iTunes rock chart and iTunes Top 10 album chart, reached #18 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, the #1 position in their hometown of Los Angeles and hit #1 in overall vinyl sales. In its first week in release, the album has sold an impressive 18,295 copies!

In support of their triumphant release, Bad Religion have announced a North American tour starting in March of 2013 with support from Against Me! and Polar Bear Club. Tickets are on sale now. With worldwide critical acclaim and countless world tours, Bad Religion cement their place in punk rock history with True North.

Fans can also see Bad Religion on their first ever appearance on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, tonight January 30th at 12:35 am Eastern/11:35 pm Central on NBC.
02:37 PM on 01/30/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Not a fan but congrats!
02:41 PM on 01/30/13
kcpunk
Aaron - my username is dumb
User Info.
Good for them. Looking forward to seeing them this April.
02:45 PM on 01/30/13
HogarthHughes
Go wait in the car
User Info.
Congrats to them. Another fantastic album, as expected.
03:00 PM on 01/30/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Wonder why this one is so popular?
03:04 PM on 01/30/13
getupguy222
User Info.
I'm sure its a great record, and big congrats to them. They deserve it after all these years. Great band.

But one of the reason you are seeing high chart positions for these bands is foremost They are still making great records all these years later, and secondly, album sales are in the toilet for most of the market, so therefore you don't have to sell as many records to make a top list as you did 10 years ago.

And I believe you are seeing some of these great career Punk bands get high chart positions because fans of indie and punk music are one of the few "markets" where people are still into buying physical albums and or buying the whole digital album instead of simply buying singles off of albums.

I think its a great thing!
03:20 PM on 01/30/13
MarkJ801
User Info.
I'm surprised, it seems like there was next to no promo for this album. I only knew it existed like 3 weeks ago. Good for them anyway.
03:24 PM on 01/30/13
j4callen
User Info.
Jan. is an easy month to chart high in. A couple weeks ago a Christian artist had the #1 album.
03:46 PM on 01/30/13
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
great album it just sucks how little it sold to still charted that low.
03:56 PM on 01/30/13
leftapart
User Info.
That's awesome! Good for them!
05:01 PM on 01/30/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Established fan base with a January release date. When you own a label, you figure this stuff out. Happy for the guys in Bad Religion.
05:14 PM on 01/30/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
If this indeed is the last record they are going out at the top of their game. Fans of BR have always purchased and supported the releases and it looks a though its continuing on...
05:39 PM on 01/30/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
Bought it. Great album and probably the most consistent punk rock band out there (along with nofx).
05:42 PM on 01/30/13
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've never listened to Bad Religion. I think I'm going to now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos