AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Promethee - 01.22.13

Promethee - 01.22.13

Interviewed by
Promethee - 01.22.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Promethee

How did you get your band name?

Prometheus, from the Greek mythology, was a Titan who stole fire, the symbol of knowledge, from the gods, and gave it to man, of whom he is the creator. The image to fight against the few who possessed it in order to give it to everyone really spoke to us.

How did this band get started?

The band was formed in early 2008 when Ludo (Guitar), Elric (Guitar) and Nils (Drums) were joined by Josh (Vocals) and me (Mathieu – Bass). We quickly got on stage to present our music and two years later we released our first EP with Swiss label Bad Mood Records. The EP allowed us to go one step higher giving us opportunities such as playing at one of the biggest Swiss metal festival (Greenfield Festival), touring across Europe, Canada and even in Cuba. Now, we just released our debut album which is receiving lots of good feedback and we will continue to tour as much as possible.

What bands are you influenced by?

It's hard to give an exact list. The music we write is always tainted with the current things we listen to. So it goes from Metal / Hardcore to classical music or Punk Rock.

If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

I guess it would be Architects, The Faceless and Frank Zappa

Best food to eat on tour?

Pizza, definitely!

Why should people listen to your band?

Self promoting has always been a hard thing to do. We’re just a bunch of guys who love writing the best song we can and playing them live with all we’ve got. I’d say that people should come out see us live, have fun and go nuts. In a scene where everything seems like a copy/paste version of most bands, we would like to think that we’re trying to bring something a bit fresh and authentic where everybody can find something that they’ll like and relate to. Not saying that we’re the next avant-garde in metal or hardcore haha.

If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

A few of us follow the NBA pretty closely and have been fans of the sport since we were kids. I think the main athletes that have remained heroes of ours are the famous Larry Bird vs. Magic Johnson.

If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Might sound classic but our families and friends for their support and patience.

If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

It would be nice to see it become less money focused, and to see it really push bands and musicians to produce better and more interesting material. Now that things are getting a bit more serious with the band, we’ve had a lot more contact with the industry and it really is a love/hate relationship. I think the industry needs to be very careful right now and has to watch pretty closely how things are evolving. Bands are now able to record and release great records themselves without the need of a label putting big bucks into it. People say the DYI ethic that came from the independent music scene is dead and that corporations have taken over. But I think it’s coming back and I hope bands and the industry will have better dialogue for where we will be going next. The great comedian Patton Oswalt had something very similar to say in his keynote at the last Montreal just for laughs Festival.

Memorable tour experience?

In April 2012 when touring with The Prestige from Paris. We had an awesome time with them! For fans of The Chariot and overall music lovers check them out, they’ll blow your mind.

What does AP.net mean to you?

It is where I would pretty much always go for information on current releases and to find out about new bands via your reviews. So it is a pleasure to be on the site today.

What is your favorite song to play?

My personal favourites are The Great Deception, Banner Of Lies and Thus Spoke. But I guess each one of us have different choices.

What is your vacation spot of choice?

Some of us have become very fond of Northern Europe. Norway, Denmark are places we’ve love visiting. It would be great to tour over there soon.

What music reminds you of your childhood?

Pink Floyd, Queen and Black Sabbath

If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Teleportation to avoid the hours stuck in traffic on the way to the show!

Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Nothing in particular but I have to say that trying to find our drummers drumsticks at the last minute seems to happen way to many times.

What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Mathieu got his nose broken by accident on stage back in 2009 in a small venue in Lyon, France. There we almost no one, so not a lot of people know about it

What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

Most of radios stream almost the same kind of things, but hopefully not all. The next thing within radio type shows are “Podcasts”, there are some great shows to do with the independent music scene.

A few of them you should check out:
-100 words or less the podcast
-Deathcast (The Deathwish inc podcast)
-Stuff you will hate podcast

I’m sure most labels and major magazines have their own.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

See friends, have a beer and going to shows

What kind of hidden talents do you have?

We are very good Frisbee players!

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
12:33 AM on 01/31/13
david_m
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
nice. :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music