Username
Password

09:03 AM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
WordzandDreamz
and a million screams...
Columbia, MD
Male - 32 Years Old
There isn't a thread for this in the music forum from what I can tell. Anyway. Now that it is out I wanted to discuss with people.

PS - Joe, we know you don't like it, so kindly don't troll this thread without your quick quips about how you think it is shit.
09:22 AM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
JPA917
@JPA05
Murfreesboro, TN
Male - 22 Years Old
Musically, I really enjoy it so far. I think the part that lets me down the most is the fact that the lyrics don't seem to correlate with the whole Levi character that was the main focus of the viral marketing campaign.
10:02 AM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
Slovenia
Male - 21 Years Old
I think the vocals are the weakest point of this album and I also think most people would agree. The instrumentation is great. I wouldn't call it a bad album in any way.
10:47 AM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
DemBitties
I ended up as food for wolves
Succasunna, NJ
Male - 20 Years Old
11:35 AM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
WordzandDreamz
and a million screams...
Columbia, MD
Male - 32 Years Old
I think the vocals are the weakest point of this album and I also think most people would agree. The instrumentation is great. I wouldn't call it a bad album in any way.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with them. I hear Robert Smith and Isaac Brock in a lot of the inflection. Nobody seems to mind either of those vocalists but then they want to make childish comparisions to Count Chocula.
01:32 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
danperez
Honestly, I don't see a problem with them. I hear Robert Smith and Isaac Brock in a lot of the inflection. Nobody seems to mind either of those vocalists but then they want to make childish comparisions to Count Chocula.
That was my first comparison-reaction
Their first revealed song completely took me back to that Blink 182 song that features Robert Smith.

But the real mystery here is:
Transylvanian accent ...or Antonio Banderas' first gig?
01:38 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
Alex!
The Eventually Home
CA
Male - 21 Years Old

Agreed. For a while I couldn't figure out what his voice sometimes reminded me of, it definitely gives of a Cure-ish vibe.

I think the album is really good. I guess it's not for everyone, but the more I listen, the more it grows on me. When I first heard Piano Wire I was intrigued cause it wasn't what I was expecting, but the melody got stuck in my head and I found myself coming back to listen more. Then I heard Baby Shakes, which made me think I might not like the rest of the album, but even know that song grew on me a little. I'm glad I picked up the vinyl. I think my favorite track by far is Black Death. That quick lyric/melody/rap like thing he does in the middle is genius.
02:18 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
Slovenia
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah, I can definitely see what you mean. I'm just saying that the delivery is kind of... weak. Well, not really weak, maybe kind of underwhelming.
08:51 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
this is not good and does not deserve all the fandom simply because of the gimmick advertising
09:01 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
dontsneeze
Male - 29 Years Old
I like it. The vocals are strange, but they've grown on me.
09:27 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
low_rising
Registered Member
yea i dig it a lot actually.
10:58 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
KingJohn_654
You've Got Spiders
Mesa, AZ
Male - 23 Years Old
I didn't catch any of the advertising for it, i first heard of it like two days before the stream was posted. I liked it and im glad i was able to go in with untainted opinions.
11:11 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Again And Again
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
The bass work on this album is crazy good.
11:30 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
There's some stuff here to like. There is also some stuff that makes me see why many people don't like it. The comments about nobody liking this without the campaign/brand new connections are just flat out wrong though, and make me wonder if certain people around here have ever realized that sometimes people like stuff that they personally do not like themselves.
05:34 AM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
zbrmike79
Ran Away From Home
Katonah, NY
Male - 27 Years Old
Bestial is such a damn good song.

and i wouldn't be surprised if Jesse Lacey is the bassist.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos