Username
Password
Say Anything News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Say Anything
Inside AP.net

Max Bemis Song Shop Reopens

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/03/13)
Max Bemis' song shop has reopened for business, now with the option of having Sherri Dupree Bemis appear on your song.
Hey y'all... just wanted to say as we approach the 2013 opening of Song Shop that it has been a great honor being able to do this project for the past 4 or 5 years. As of now we have sent out about 3000 songs (crazzzzy) and I couldn't be more proud of the reactions we've been getting. It's beyond fulfilling and I am so thankful to get to know all of you so closely. Many of you guys know my wife Sherri and I are about to have our first daughter, Lucy- even though technically when you buy a song you're paying for a service, you're also giving us as a family a huge leg up when it comes to saving up for our family, college etc. Surprisingly, its very hard for the average musician to support their family purely creating art but Song Shop has given me the privilege of that dynamic. I can only guarantee you that the passion I put into the songs definitely equates to what they cost and every time you buy a song, you're making it possible for me to continue balancing Song Shop, Say Anything, my work at Rory Records, comic writing etc comfortably and making it so I can focus on making the right decisions rather than having to be too focused on what will make me and my family the most moolah. And finally, having a wonderful new addition to the family due this week, your support through things like Song Shop, coming to shows, buying our records etc is even more appreciated. We do NOT take it for granted and we feel truly blessed to have such supportive fans. Thank you SO much people, -max

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
10:12 PM on 02/03/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Wow they're going fast. They started at 1100 and they're at 792 after less than fifteen minutes of opening. I bought a half-length song!
10:15 PM on 02/03/13
Clown_Baby
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
3000 songs. Holy shit. He's made almost half a million on this.
10:16 PM on 02/03/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Had to unfollow him on twitter cause he's constantly pimping this out. Nothing against the guy or this business, it's awesome. Just couldn't handle 10+ retweets a day about kids crying about their song
10:25 PM on 02/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Reading the description of the Sherri option - Max is just one of the best businessmen in music. That's usually looked at as a bad thing, but what Max has done here is nothing short of magnificent. Amazing business model, and he's got it all figured out. The options he includes with the Sherri option are marketing gold. Really, really, really respect how he's found a way to make a fairly notable living doing something he loves.

Also, would love to hear the process in coming up with that $207 price tag.
10:25 PM on 02/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, I would absolutely attend a show of strictly song shop songs and backstories.
10:26 PM on 02/03/13
glogglies
User Info.
I remember when Why? did this for free.
10:27 PM on 02/03/13
bduke13
is looking for that clearer water
User Info.
Also, I would absolutely attend a show of strictly song shop songs and backstories.

Oh man. Could you imagine how difficult that would be for Max? I bet almost all of these songs go in and out of his system just like Taco Bell does for the rest of us. Would be a pretty cool show though
10:30 PM on 02/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh man. Could you imagine how difficult that would be for Max? I bet almost all of these songs go in and out of his system just like Taco Bell does for the rest of us. Would be a pretty cool show though
Haha, I'm sure it'd be near impossible, and he's been pretty adamant about making these songs exclusively for those they were written for. Still, there's so many cool opportunities for these songs. How big would a 3000 song box set be?
10:41 PM on 02/03/13
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
Had to unfollow him on twitter cause he's constantly pimping this out. Nothing against the guy or this business, it's awesome. Just couldn't handle 10+ retweets a day about kids crying about their song
you know you can turn off RT's, right?
10:45 PM on 02/03/13
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
i bought one last year as a christmas gift for my best friend. it was awesome and I highly recommend it. Yes, it's expensive, but that song can never be taken away.
10:48 PM on 02/03/13
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
This was the time I was planning on getting one, but my car air conditioning just shot out and that's a good $400 to fix it so I'll have to wait. Booo.
10:54 PM on 02/03/13
Lightsout911X
Expect me standing tall
User Info.
Done and done.
11:03 PM on 02/03/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
Wow they're going fast. They started at 1100 and they're at 792 after less than fifteen minutes of opening. I bought a half-length song!

i got a half song too. never bought one before, but this will be cool
11:21 PM on 02/03/13
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
Good for you, Max. Dude deserves it.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates