AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 261
07:07 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
yeah, pretty good, enjoying it, keep it up. Intense discussion leads to self-evaluation and personal improvement. I'd like to see that all around from everyone ever.
and Drews gotta be all like dude you're negative

mannnn I'm a revolution
07:08 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.

mannnn I'm a revolution
You are pretty negative, lol. And that's coming from me.
07:09 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Seth dude are you pretending to be my dad again why do you always do this

I like you but why does this always happen and why do you think I'll listen to what you say
07:09 PM on 02/06/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
spo's negative but i dont know if its unjustified.
07:11 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
You are pretty negative, lol. And that's coming from me.
In which sense? The sense that I'm extremely unhappy with the way the site's run and how others perceive it and how discussion and cliques all that stuff happens? Yeah I don't like that

And I'll press some buttons if I feel like stirring a conversation, like I did in here.

But overall I'm pretty positive. I'm a happy dude, I like mostly everything that I take time to listen to or watch or read.
07:11 PM on 02/06/13
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Then why are you in here right now?
More for the "AHHHHHHHH SHUT UP!" then the "Oh my God, I don't care", to clarify.
07:12 PM on 02/06/13
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
Seth dude are you pretending to be my dad again why do you always do this

I like you but why does this always happen and why do you think I'll listen to what you say
07:13 PM on 02/06/13
deadkidsean
__
User Info.
In which sense? The sense that I'm extremely unhappy with the way the site's run and how others perceive it and how discussion and cliques all that stuff happens? Yeah I don't like that

And I'll press some buttons if I feel like stirring a conversation, like I did in here.

But overall I'm pretty positive. I'm a happy dude, I like mostly everything that I take time to listen to or watch or read.
But why can't you just let it roll of your back? It's clear you don't really care. And you want to press buttons. It takes effort to do shit like that. If you were a happy dude and like most things then what in you wants to rile people like Drew up? Not saying that you shouldn't – I could give a fuck – but when you express dissenting opinion toward things like the way the site is ran and do it to get attention, it isn't helping. You could take the glass half full approach and offer suggestions like you did in the latter half of this discussion instead of just slamming what you feel isn't right.
07:14 PM on 02/06/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.

mannnn I'm a revolution
they probably thought like Malcolm X was being too negative or somethin' too man. Same thing all over again.

#jokes
07:16 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
But why can't you just let it roll of your back? It's clear you don't really care. And you want to press buttons. It takes effort to do shit like that. If you were a happy dude and like most things then what in you wants to rile people like Drew up? Not saying that you shouldn't – I could give a fuck – but when you express dissenting opinion toward things like the way the site is ran and do it to get attention, it isn't helping. You could take the glass half full approach and offer suggestions like you did in the latter half of this discussion instead of just slamming what you feel isn't right.
I think a lot of it stems from my previous discussions on this site when I was more negative and more into making people mad.

I posted my thoughts in here without the intention to rile up Drew, that just happened by byproduct and actually worked into what I jokingly told incognito I was going to do.

EDIT:
And yeah I mean I could be nice and present my opinions in a less abrasive manner, but when was the last time I had a discussion on this site with a staff member and they didn't say something even more obnoxious or abrasive than anything I've said in these posts?

It's part of the culture of the site that needs to change from the top down. You couldn't have a nice or civil discussion about TDKR without being told to not have children
07:16 PM on 02/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
they probably thought like Malcolm X was being too negative or somethin' too man. Same thing all over again.

#jokes
we didn't land on absolutepunk

absolutepunk landed on us
07:20 PM on 02/06/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
we didn't land on absolutepunk

absolutepunk landed on us
Rap game Malcolm X, bringing civil rights to ap dot net
they never had sex, how you not grown out of punk pop yet?

#bars
07:33 PM on 02/06/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Please don't take my comment as a 'don't do this' statement. I just think that "tolerance" of hip hop is all you're going to get out of the majority of kids who check this site. But I mean when you do hire someone I'll try and help contribute to discussion, especially amongst news posts where the most ignorance tends to lie.
I know there is still "work" to be done and whatnot, but it was a lot worse and seeing how the site has progressed from then encourages me about the future
07:34 PM on 02/06/13
georgedcc
User Info.
This doesn't really have anything to do with hip hop, but seeing as it turned into ways to improve the site, may as well chuck my opinion in.

I'd like to see more features/editorials/whatever about older music. There's lots of people on this site that just don't listen to anything pre-90s. And it's not just ignorant pop punk kids, there are some people on here who generally like really good music, but I never ever see them talk about anything 'old'.

I'd like to see some sort of weekly feature where different staff take a sub-genre of music, or a specific time period, or a label or whatever and talk about some great bands or albums. The Thursday discussions did that, but it turned into, 'best early 2000s Victory records bands!!!', which has been done to death on this site. I'd like to see features about the best pre-war blues music, or the best anarcho punk bands of the 70s, or even something much more accessible, like best Motown artists.

That way, you're actually introducing people to new artists, rather than re-hashing the same old stuff. Kids who like The Wonder Years would probably dig Descendents and Adolescents if they were shown them. People who were big on Frank Ocean would probably love Curtis Mayfield or Sam Cooke. Japandroids fans would probably love The Stooges or The Replacements. I think introducing people to new, older music they may not hear otherwise would be a really good thing.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I'd love a weekly feature focusing on something like that.
07:36 PM on 02/06/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
It depends on who I'm talking to/what I'm talking about. I think the last serious discussion on here I had about hip hop, aside from that dude Lost Allways who I was civil with at first, was the Kendrick thread and the debate about future classics. I'd say I was pretty civil in there. Most of the time if I'm being abrasive I'm doing it on purpose or to rile people up to spark more conversation. If there's a chance for an actual conversation, I'm 100% open to discussion.

I agree with all of this, I just think that even with more rap news posts it will stay the same way. I think you understand the point I'm trying to make without me having to say it, but the general viewpoint of the staffers on the site needs to change, in my opinion, in order for the newsposters to become more open.

ok bro I don't know what your point is there

More features on different genres, like that Thursday discussion thing. How about instead of every single week being what Drive Thru records albums were underrated (I swear every one of those threads mentions like Fenix TX or Allister at least once) you do something on the most influential hip hop albums of the past X years or something? Get the entire staff involved with something like that. Show the general newsposters that the people whose opinions they respect dig this music so they should check it out

My point is, if someone like Jake gets named the new staff member, that isn't going to hold very much weight with the audience the site is trying to reach. Look at the hip hop artists who have gotten some decent buzz on this site and think about which staffers jocked them. I think there is some coincidence there.
If Tate or Drew were in threads saying the same things that me or one of the other hip hop dudes say during a discussion, I think it would definitely hold more weight.
to the bolded part: the point is that the site's users outlook on hip hop was a lot worse than it is today, if you'd be around back then, you probably wouldn't have the same thoughts you currently have.

as far as discussion threads and the new "countdown" thing, I have hip-hop related themes for those planned, it's all in the works.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos