AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fall Out Boy News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

[Updated] Fall Out Boy on Elvis Duran and the Morning Show + Fuse...

Posted by - 09:19 AM on 02/07/13
Fall Out Boy recently stopped by "Elvis Duran and the Morning Show" -- you can check out the video in the replies. Like last time, I'll give it a listen and type up some highlights.

Update: The band was also recently on Fuse, and you can check out that video here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 80
09:19 AM on 02/07/13
Jason Tate
User Info.

Highlights

1) Andy checks out the girl with tight jeans. Awkward moment where the DJ just flat out says she "wore her tightest jeans today" ... um ... that was weird.
2) And now the sidekick DJ just asks "would you do Carla Marie?" (the girl DJ) ... I am actually uncomfortable for the band that this is taking place.
3) Patrick: I just say hiatus, but that word "indefinite" is really superfluous.
4) Pete talks a little about the current pop-culture, and YouTube attention spans.
5) Patrick comments on how the band was basically "just not touring" during the past 3 years, that they were all still talking and all that. That it wasn't a huge fight that led to the hiatus or anything like that.
6) Part of the reason for the "rest" was that it was such an intense schedule before. Didn't really see the forest through the trees, and weren't able to enjoy the fruits of the labor.
7) They just started jamming a couple months ago in Patrick's studio, and when they did that, it felt like a bad Fall Out Boy cover band ... but then when they played the live show, it all felt together -- all came together and like they hadn't missed a beat.
8) Pete: Every time he plays has a feeling of disbelief that everyone's out there.
9) Patrick: "If we felt like we 'deserved' this - we would be jerks."
10) One of the DJs comments on how she booked them to come into the studio ... and then the next day Pete made a comment about not getting back together ... so she came into the studio and was like, "PETE IS LYING TO US!" -- Hey, I think we know how that feels.
11) Pete: The truth is, the night before the show in Chicago, and I got asked on the red carpet -- and didn't feel good lying ... but didn't know what to say ... so that's why he chose those words -- and they thought about how if they were "fans" how would they want this to happen? And that's why they did the whole song/shows/video release all at once. They wanted to do it on their terms. The band would have murdered him if he mentioned it then.
12) Getting the band together and this roll out wasn't "political" ... but that the internet culture feels "entitled" to try and scoop everything about the band.
13) They were in LA and a paparazzi was hoping that coffee was spilled on Andy? ... those guys were basically sitting on the BIGGEST story about them (back together) and had completely missed the ability to connect the dots. Hey, we're outside, together, by a studio ... (Yeah, that's why those sites suck.)
14) Is there that fright that no one will like or want this? Patrick: Yeah, I was talking about this the other day ... I get freaked out in the studio, really nervous. He has no fun in the studio, he's happy after people get to enjoy it ... like a chef ... the enjoyment comes once people experience it.
15) Is the music going to change from 4 years ago? Patrick: We took it back, we took the things we felt were the strongest from our band, I mean, we always kind of changed from record to record -- but we looked at what was the connective tissue and how did it matter, and how would that sound like now? We tried to imagine if we were a new band, if we were 18 again, what would THAT fall out boy sound like?
16) Where's your guyliner? Pete: I haven't taken that out of the vault yet.
17) What's changed in music, what do you like? Pete: There is good stuff, and the playing field has almost gotten more even -- you can produce music in your house. Also, there's some cool different kind of pop stuff, fun and gotye, that's getting out there and doing well. And that's exciting. Hearing guitars, and stuff like that. Pete also mentions that there is no fear to put out new music, because he's taking all expectations out of it -- he knows it needs to integrate what people love about fall out boy, but can't "sound" like fall out boy in 2006. It just doesn't make sense.
18) Patrick: yeah, we could have plagiarized ourselves a bunch of times. But I think that's a disservice to that material. It's ironic, a lot of people wouldn't feel that as selling out - but I would. "Hey you like this? Buy more of this."
19) Pete parties maybe 3 days, and the rest he is in full dad mode.
09:25 AM on 02/07/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
They are getting so much damn press. Arguably more than when Blink reuinited. This is really awesome for them. The more word that gets out for the new album the better.
09:29 AM on 02/07/13
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
I was thinking the same thing. FOB's reunion so far seems more "powerful", for lack of a better word. On the other hand, blink officially reunited onstage at the Grammy Awards, so...
09:30 AM on 02/07/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
I love Jason's commentary haha "I am actually uncomfortable for the band that this is taking place."
09:34 AM on 02/07/13
brooklynnxo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, the beginning with the "would you do her" was very cringe worthy. Why would you even ask that...
09:34 AM on 02/07/13
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
When I saw this yesterday I was uncomfortable when they asked would the band do that lady lol
09:38 AM on 02/07/13
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
absolutefalloutboy.net
09:44 AM on 02/07/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Ok, all done listening/updating.
09:44 AM on 02/07/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Yeah, the beginning with the "would you do her" was very cringe worthy. Why would you even ask that...

When I saw this yesterday I was uncomfortable when they asked would the band do that lady lol

I love Jason's commentary haha "I am actually uncomfortable for the band that this is taking place."

I actually, physically, cringed when that happened.
09:45 AM on 02/07/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
absolutefalloutboy.net
And I love it.
09:45 AM on 02/07/13
Mikenovacane
BRXTN
User Info.
That was hard to watch strictly for how much of a 'radio voice & personality' that DJ has. Could barely get through it.
09:48 AM on 02/07/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
That was hard to watch strictly for how much of a 'radio voice & personality' that DJ has. Could barely get through it.
If I was casting a cliche radio DJ ... that would be it right there.
09:50 AM on 02/07/13
Mikenovacane
BRXTN
User Info.
If I was casting a cliche radio DJ ... that would be it right there.
Couldn't agree more!
09:51 AM on 02/07/13
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
They are getting so much damn press. Arguably more than when Blink reuinited. This is really awesome for them. The more word that gets out for the new album the better.
I'd disagree. I feel like blink's reunion was a much bigger deal. From just friends or people I know, I remember blink being talked about a lot more then FOB is now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos