Password

07:53 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
rollerman4221
Woof!
Orlando, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
GET SWOLE PEOPLE

you got questions, im bored at work all day. Get at me.
08:07 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
magicrat85
ThankYou, but, I know I am right
sunshine state
Male - 28 Years Old
I have gained 5 lb in the last month on this plan

http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/m...building/intro
08:49 AM on 06/21/12 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
Would it be smarter to do a quick ab workout on the days I swim or lift?

Probably smarter to add it to when you lift since you'll be where all the equipment's at already, and don't make it too quick. You should hit abs like you hit any other muscle, 3-5 workouts, 12-20 sets, 12-15+ rep range.

Yeah, listen to this guy. When I first started working out it took me way longer than it should have to realize that the abs are muscles just like biceps or calves; if you want them to get bigger you need to lift heavy. My two favorites are the crunch machine (if you can find one where only the upper body portion moves, not the legs) and getting on the decline bench and doing Russian Twists with a dumbbell, as heavy as you can keep the right form and do it at a slower, controlled speed.

If you're doing swimming consistently you won't have any problem keeping off the layer of fat that usually keeps people from seeing their abs. I started seeing results pretty quickly after I started doing heavy reps instead of just a bunch of crunches and that type of thing.
10:31 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
Day 1 of P90X yesterday. At about 194 right now after spiraling out of control after the first round of P90X.
10:21 PM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
PepsiOne
Los Angeles, CA
Male
Day 1 of P90X yesterday. At about 194 right now after spiraling out of control after the first round of P90X.

My roommate just started P90x last week. How'd it work for you the first go 'round?
07:17 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
My roommate just started P90x last week. How'd it work for you the first go 'round?
Worked greatand I didn't even follow the diet as strict as I could have and missed some workout days here and there. Actually, here are my results I posted way earlier in the thread...http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthre...post82870 922
09:53 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
crope
No Avatar Selected
s?

i have been taking "ravage" for about the past three weeks

ravage sucks! cycle off and look up Craze by driven sports....good stuff
09:56 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
crope
No Avatar Selected
So I just started hitting the gym and doing some strength training to gain some muscle and I've been reading up on how many reps per exercise I should do. I've read either weight for 10-12 reps or weight that you can only go 6-8 reps with and take 2 days of rest in between and I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on which one to do. I'm looking to put on about 15 pounds in the next 5-6 months or quicker if that factors into the number of reps I should do.

to build muscle stay in the 8 rep range where you pretty much fail on the 8th rep....increase weight each set with 2 minute break between sets
12:31 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
GrantCloud
Minneapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
ravage sucks! cycle off and look up Craze by driven sports....good stuff

yeah, i didn't even finish the container. made me break out like crazy.

i take a energy pill through gnc and blox as a mid workout supplement, so far it has worked wonders.
06:08 PM on 05/01/13 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
So I've been working out consistently, eating healthy, and getting pretty good results since last October. I've dropped 15 pounds or so from around 180 to 164 as of today (I'm 5'9"). I've had pretty good results but I feel like I'd see more if I took better supplements. Currently all I take is the wal-mart brand of protein powder I buy for less than $20 for a tub. I'm not looking to spend too terribly much, but if someone could recommend some solid supplements I could pick up for better results I'd appreciate it. I'm not looking to really bulk up, just add some definition and maybe a little mass. I want to stay around my current weight.
10:47 PM on 05/01/13 
User Info.
buck dutter
Arizona
Male
whats the best stuff (pre- and post-workout) on the market right now? im about to start heading to the gym this summer for the first time in a year (out of summer i usually stick to maintaining by doing push ups and such, though i've been losing weight this last six months),
09:19 AM on 05/06/13 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 25 Years Old
whats the best stuff (pre- and post-workout) on the market right now? im about to start heading to the gym this summer for the first time in a year (out of summer i usually stick to maintaining by doing push ups and such, though i've been losing weight this last six months),
Some people swear by protein shakes (whey) after lifting. Personally I think it's more about convenience and would suggest saving the money and spending it on whole foods instead. If you're still interested in a post-workout supplement, I've always liked using ON Whey. Good flavors and mixability and provide a pretty close amount of protein to what is stated on the nutrition label.

Pre-workout is personal preference. If you really need a little boost beforehand, look into Craze or Assault. Generally speaking all pre-workouts are relatively similar.

Best advice is to get your diet in order before worrying about any supplements considering that aside from creatine, studies show that very few are any sort of "magic pill" for your goals.
09:36 AM on 05/06/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
^^Good advice. I've never used supplements and get great results. I just have to eat a ton, haha.
09:40 AM on 05/06/13 
User Info.
FTeric
Somewhere, something...
Charlotte, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
So I've been working out consistently, eating healthy, and getting pretty good results since last October. I've dropped 15 pounds or so from around 180 to 164 as of today (I'm 5'9"). I've had pretty good results but I feel like I'd see more if I took better supplements. Currently all I take is the wal-mart brand of protein powder I buy for less than $20 for a tub. I'm not looking to spend too terribly much, but if someone could recommend some solid supplements I could pick up for better results I'd appreciate it. I'm not looking to really bulk up, just add some definition and maybe a little mass. I want to stay around my current weight.

I'd say just stick to a simple whey (if you don't get enough through foods), multi-vitamin, fish oil, vitamin d, and creatine stack if you'd like. Pre-workout isn't really necessary unless you feel like you're lagging. Caffeine pills/coffee are more cost efficient anyway.
04:08 PM on 05/06/13 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
I'd say just stick to a simple whey (if you don't get enough through foods), multi-vitamin, fish oil, vitamin d, and creatine stack if you'd like. Pre-workout isn't really necessary unless you feel like you're lagging. Caffeine pills/coffee are more cost efficient anyway.
I take a multi-vitamin and whey after my workouts. What do you mean by a creatine stack? I've always avoided creatine because I heard bad things in high school, but to be honest I don't know too much about it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos