Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Chat: Misery Signals

Posted by: Drew Beringer (02/07/13)
The 2013 Eat Your Heart Out Festival will be taking place in Poughkeepsie, NY this weekend (February 8th-10th) and one of the band's playing the fest, Misery Signals, will be chatting with us in this thread at 8:30 PM EST, so stop by and hang out. They are currently recording new music, so feel free to chat about the recording process and the EYHO Fest this weekend.

Update: The chat is now over. Thanks to the band for hanging out with us tonight.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 126
05:21 PM on 02/07/13
BurymeWalkAway
User Info.
These guys are still alive? that makes my night, when the leafs lose that will destroy it again.
05:22 PM on 02/07/13
dragani
User Info.
New Misery Signals! Can't wait. How long will they be in the studio for?
05:23 PM on 02/07/13
vctmtrgt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Karl and Ryan,

I heard there are a lot of explanations going on in the studio. can you confirm?
05:24 PM on 02/07/13
JunBringer
www.last.fm/user/junbringer
User Info.
When do you think the album will be released?
05:26 PM on 02/07/13
RyanMS
Misery Signals / Ryan Morgan
User Info.
Karl and Ryan,

I heard there are a lot of explanations going on in the studio. can you confirm?
We are in the studio recording drums right now. We're getting really in depth... but Branden is doing some really insane detailed drumming... so the way we talk about the drum parts to each other has been hilarious at times.
05:27 PM on 02/07/13
KarlMS
Misery Signals / Karl Schubach
User Info.
When do you think the album will be released?
We're aiming to have it out at the end of the summer. Recording will be taking place at a variety of studios across the country over the next few months. Mix date is scheduled for some time in May if all goes as planned.
05:27 PM on 02/07/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
Karl/Ryan, hope the new record is turning out great, hopefully it's not too much longer before we get to hear it. Also pleased with how the Solace record turned out - I still think it was funny you got Shane to say "fuck" on the record, haha. Come back to Portland soon, we'll have to hit that Chinese restaurant up again down the street from the Hawthorne.
05:28 PM on 02/07/13
slothcrab
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Karl, are you having another dig at cleans this record?
05:29 PM on 02/07/13
ChadMaxey
tpf
User Info.
To Ryan, how has touring been after taking the time away? How was it seeing Andy after all the FOB craziness? And lastly how much do you love The Paris Funds? ;)
05:29 PM on 02/07/13
cricket
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Excited to see you guys here in Michigan, How do you guys go about developing your setlist?
05:30 PM on 02/07/13
jtizzle12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is the show still happening in NYC Saturday? There's a huge storm coming and I saw you changed tomorrow's show.
05:30 PM on 02/07/13
ChadMaxey
tpf
User Info.
Also, are you guys tracking any of the album at Paper Crane in Boise?
05:31 PM on 02/07/13
RyanMS
Misery Signals / Ryan Morgan
User Info.
New Misery Signals! Can't wait. How long will they be in the studio for?
We are dividing the process between a few different studios, over a handful of months. Aiming to finish recording early summer.

Real Talk: I saw your post from the earlier thread. Why don't you like Controller?
05:31 PM on 02/07/13
guitarded777
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so karl and ryan, You guys put up a trailer for the dvd that was planned on being released and its been at least a year or two since ive heard anything about it and the trailer is nowhere to be found on youtube so i was just wondering on the status of it and if you plan on still releasing it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests