Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

01:47 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
The MW get's punished for games that East coast conferences, often receive a pass, or are rewarded for. At the moment, I think Boise is a NIT team, same with a bad road team in AFA. As for Wyo, that's just not the same team without Martinez. UNM, CSU, SDSU, and UNLV are still tourney teams, and Boise/AFA still have time to pull it together.

That said, I was gutted last night, with the way that game ended. All the way back from 17 down, and to lose in that fashion.. Boise really needed that win, but pissed away another golden opportunity. Marks is the best FT shooter in the MW (87%), and of course he misses the second. On the bright side, Boise has more home games than road games, in the second half of conference play, and the team is finally getting healthy. They could still grab big results @ UNM, v CSU, @ UNLV, and v SDSU, so all hope isn't lost, just yet. There's always the MW tourney, too.

ahh i dont think there's any bias when it comes to the mountain west. I treat the mwc/a10 like i treat the acc/sec/pac. I'm not sure what team you're talking about specifically getting a pass? Boise State has solid wins against Creighton and UNLV, not too bad...but only 2 good wins and an inevitable 10loss season, might be tough to overcome as the 5th best mountain west conference team.

they'll have opportunites (along with Air Force). They have to go at least 4-1 in the next 5 games though....or go 3-1 against @UNM, @UNLV, SDSU, CoState.
02:17 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
atainder
freaks r revolutionaries r freaks
Pocatello, ID
Male - 26 Years Old
ahh i dont think there's any bias when it comes to the mountain west. I treat the mwc/a10 like i treat the acc/sec/pac. I'm not sure what team you're talking about specifically getting a pass? Boise State has solid wins against Creighton and UNLV, not too bad...but only 2 good wins and an inevitable 10loss season, might be tough to overcome as the 5th best mountain west conference team.

they'll have opportunites (along with Air Force). They have to go at least 4-1 in the next 5 games though....or go 3-1 against @UNM, @UNLV, SDSU, CoState.

I wasn't talking about any specific teams.

As for the remainder of Boise's schedule, I think they need to win out at home, win one more road game, and at least one MW tournament game. That will, at least, keep them on the bubble. It should be doable, as they have 5 home games, and just 3 road games, remaining. The RPI, right now, is 53, and that's with a 13-7 record. They're one of only three teams (Oregon, Boise, and Duke, I believe) to win multiple road games v the top 25, as of now. Also, the win v LSU, could end up being a good one. The biggest factor, like I already stated, is that the team is finally getting healthy. They aren't near as cohesive, when Elorriaga isn't playing.

That said, I think they'll end up in the NIT.
02:20 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
atainder
Pocatello, ID
Male - 26 Years Old
I think they would've been the only team with 3 road wins, vs the top 25, if not for that crazy ending, last night. Le fucking sigh.
06:08 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
skibby15
Registered Member
The Hoosier State
Male - 23 Years Old
fuck you cody
06:46 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
illinois tells all the nay-sayers...NOW WHAT! big win for the ilini
08:34 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
I wasn't talking about any specific teams.

As for the remainder of Boise's schedule, I think they need to win out at home, win one more road game, and at least one MW tournament game. That will, at least, keep them on the bubble. It should be doable, as they have 5 home games, and just 3 road games, remaining. The RPI, right now, is 53, and that's with a 13-7 record. They're one of only three teams (Oregon, Boise, and Duke, I believe) to win multiple road games v the top 25, as of now. Also, the win v LSU, could end up being a good one. The biggest factor, like I already stated, is that the team is finally getting healthy. They aren't near as cohesive, when Elorriaga isn't playing.

That said, I think they'll end up in the NIT.

? Creighton on the Road, UNLV at home....other top 100 win is wyoming (if you wanna stretch that out to a good win), plus toss in two bad losses as well.

but you're realistic so that's good. they're not that far out....in domotime2 bracketology they're my 1st team out.
09:38 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
bduke13
is looking for that clearer water
SML, Virginia
Male - 24 Years Old
illinois tells all the nay-sayers...NOW WHAT! big win for the ilini

I feel like Illinois gets a big win over a top 5 team every damn season
02:21 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
atainder
Pocatello, ID
Male - 26 Years Old
? Creighton on the Road, UNLV at home....other top 100 win is wyoming (if you wanna stretch that out to a good win), plus toss in two bad losses as well.

but you're realistic so that's good. they're not that far out....in domotime2 bracketology they're my 1st team out.

Wyo was ranked 25th in the coaches poll, at the time. They're a decent team, but Martinez was a huge loss.
02:48 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
Wyo was ranked 25th in the coaches poll, at the time. They're a decent team, but Martinez was a huge loss.

yeah but that was early in the season, i cant conclude that Wyoming wouldve been a great win if they were healtht...there's no way i can credit that as THAT quality of a win. besides wins against Creighton and UNLV arent looking that weak anyways
02:50 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
as of 2/8/13

Last Eight In: Southern Miss, Temple, North Carolina, Wichita State, Baylor, Air Force, Missouri, Colorado
Last Eight Out: Charlotte, Maryland, Boise State, La Salle, Arkansas, Indiana State, St John's, UMASS
06:50 AM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
Registered Fraud
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Rough week for Indiana. I was hoping they'd pull out the win because they'll probably play with some fire against Ohio State. Hopefully, the home court helps the Buckeyes keep in it.
12:50 PM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
atainder
Pocatello, ID
Male - 26 Years Old
yeah but that was early in the season, i cant conclude that Wyoming wouldve been a great win if they were healtht...there's no way i can credit that as THAT quality of a win. besides wins against Creighton and UNLV arent looking that weak anyways

I wasn't arguing the quality of that win, or any other, for that matter. I already said, @ Wyo would be a decent win, at best.
10:38 AM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 23 Years Old
Holy fuck Berg
10:45 AM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
Can we get a picture of drews face after that shot....lol damn wisconsin