Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

AP.net Contest: Bad Books Deluxe Vinyl Giveaway

Posted by: Drew Beringer (02/08/13)
Today we are giving away one deluxe vinyl record of Bad Books recent album II. They are about to embark on short winter tour (you can find the dates in the replies), so we thought what better to get people excited than to give away a free record? Just tell me why you're excited to see the band on tour and my favorite answer will win the record. Good luck.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 77
10:38 AM on 02/08/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Bad Books Tour Dates2/13/13 - Thompson House - Newport, KY
2/14/13 - Subterranean - Chicago, IL - SOLD OUT
2/15/13 - Crofoot Ballroom- Pontiac, MI
2/16/13 - Newport Music Hall - Columbus, OH
2/17/13 - Mr. Small's Theatre - Pittsburgh, PA
2/19/13 - The Sinclair - Cambridge, MA - SOLD OUT
2/20/13 - Bowery Ballroom - New York, NY - SOLD OUT
2/21/13 - World Café Live - Philadelphia, PA - SOLD OUT
2/22/13 - The Recher Theatre - Towson, MD
2/23/13 - Local 506 - Chapel Hill, NC - SOLD OUT
2/24/13 - New Brookland Tavern - West Columbia, SC
10:49 AM on 02/08/13
takingbacktyler
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Excited to see them on 2/19/13 . Andy Hull and Kevin Devine are border line musicial genius seperately. Together they are unstoppable.
10:50 AM on 02/08/13
xckid31
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Besides their newest album being a notable and vast improvement over their self-titled debut, there's very few who can replicate the live vocal performances of Hull and Devine. It's not that they can perfectly emulate what they sound like on the record. Instead, it's the pure emotion you feel when each of them sings. Having the chance to see both of them teaming up (and finally on the east coast) is enough of a reason to get excited.
10:50 AM on 02/08/13
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
I love Kevin's voice on its own, and I love Andy's voice on its own, but when they perform together, their voices gel together so beautifully, it's as if the two frontmen become one big, beautiful, super-frontman and, experiencing that in person would be like witnessing an otherworldly event, like seeing the face of God or Kate Upton's boobs.
10:58 AM on 02/08/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
This isnt even coming near me, I just want the vinyl.
11:00 AM on 02/08/13
mikeXXXnj
I'm the (not actually)black jesus.
User Info.
Going to the NYC date. Can't wait to hear Kevin's awkward stage banter and Andy's wonderful beard!
11:02 AM on 02/08/13
matt_bergeron
bandsoup.com
User Info.
because the last time i saw them kdev signed my fake leg and had the biggest smile on his face while doing it... also the new album is bonkers.
11:02 AM on 02/08/13
Keating628
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really got into Andy Hull and Manchester Orchestra when I watched them play "Where have you been" with two of my favorite artists Brand New and Kevin Devine in 2007(still kicking myself for missing that tour). Swore to myself that I'd see them at some point in my life. Just got tickets for the February show at World Cafe Live in Philly right before they sold out, couldn't miss an opportunity to see the collaboration on the East Coast. I'm not sure any venue can handle that much genius on one stage.
11:07 AM on 02/08/13
benjammin07
User Info.
it's weird to have a connection with people you've never met and will probably never talk to ever in your entire life, but god damn when these gentlemen sing I listen. it's so nice knowing that there are artists out there that you just know will never dissapoint. andy and Kevin could write a song about having beer shits and they would still find a way for people to connect with it and love it. musically and lyrically, this is what I am all about.

seeing bad books in October 2012 was such a different experience for me. nobody was yelling, nobody was being a dick, nobody was pushing or shoving. andy just told everyone to have a good time and have fun for an hour with these people that you will never see again. when he wanted to slow it down, he just asked politely and everyone went DEAD silent. he didn't even end up using a microphone to sing pyotr. no sing a longs, no anything. just pure respect for the artist who is quite literally pouring his heart onto that stage. and when a live show is a 100x better than your already near perfect record, that says a lot. that night made me love these two even more and I can't wait to make the trip to see them at the end of this month!
11:21 AM on 02/08/13
BillAftermath
User Info.
I am excited to see them because both records have come to me at interesting points in my life, and I feel like a show where I get to hear the different songs being performed live will be a nice mix of nostalgia and making new memories!
11:24 AM on 02/08/13
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
User Info.
I'm exited to steal a lock of Andy's beard hair in NYC.
11:25 AM on 02/08/13
jessicamh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Moved to NC for school and NO ONE plays in North Carolina so you bet your bottom I'm buying the Chapel Hill tickets for me and dragging all my country loving friends so they can hear what good music sounds like. OH and this place blows so much, no record stores, I've been deprived of vinyl.
11:26 AM on 02/08/13
clarehamelx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wish so badly that I was seeing Bad Books. Why can I not live in America or have enough money to travel there?! I would love to win the vinyl as they're honestly my favourite people in the world, they've helped me so much these past few months, more than I could ever express and I'd be so thankful if I won!
11:28 AM on 02/08/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Hopefully because Weatherbox will get some new fans.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests