AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fall Out Boy News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Fall Out Boy Address Ticket Scalping Situation

Posted by - 09:19 AM on 02/10/13
Fall Out Boy have written up a response to fans who haven't been able to get tickets due to ticket scalpers.
Hi everybody!

Holy smokes, this has been an amazing week for us. In the past three shows we've done (our first in three years), we've been utterly humbled to see so many familiar faces.

The thing we're not as happy to see is that, along with the most amazing audience in the world, there was also the inevitable return of folks looking to exploit and cheat that audience.

So here's a few bullet points:
1) We don't see (and wouldn't want) any extra money from the unreasonable ticket prices scalpers are asking.
2) Neither do (to the best of our knowledge) the promoters we choose to work with.
3) Most importantly: We don't want our audience to get cheated out of reasonably priced shows.
4) Combating this stuff is tough and we (along with our promoters) employed everything in our arsenal. We set 2 and 4 ticket limits in some places. In others we've required will call.
5) Outside of the official vendors linked on our sites, there are plenty of folks out there selling 100% fake tickets so please please be very careful.

We'd rather play to 10 excited people than 30,000 who are disappointed at having to pay 2 months rent to be there. We're not saying this to fix PR or because we want to protect the "Integrity," of our "Brand name," but because we're fans of music ourselves and we remember getting screwed by scalpers too.

To anybody who managed to get legitimate tickets to our shows, we're so excited to see you. To the rest of you; We plan on being a band for a long time. Hopefully this isn't your only chance to see us and hopefully by the time you do, there's some better way to fight back against scalping.

Much love,
-fall out boy

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 129
09:20 AM on 02/10/13
caraballo
Gnarkill
User Info.
Well I got tickets so...
09:22 AM on 02/10/13
dennk018
dennk018
User Info.
absolutefalloutboy.net

Classy acknowledgment
09:22 AM on 02/10/13
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
While this is obviously not an issue unique to Fall Out Boy, at least they aren't pretending it's not happening.

Eventually there will be some type of revenue management that takes place with concert/event tickets, but right now unfortunately this is the state we live in.
09:29 AM on 02/10/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
Never thought of it like this before, but "my mom bought 4 tickets" instead of the one for the daughter who wanted to go, is probably considered scalping? I mean, it's more of a basis for helping people who didn't get the chance to get tickets.. Then again, I'm no a lawyer..
09:34 AM on 02/10/13
Trainsaw
User Info.
Holy shit, I just noticed the horrible tagline is finally gone!
09:36 AM on 02/10/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
There's a special place in hell for ticket scalpers.
09:37 AM on 02/10/13
Chalie22
User Info.
Couldn't they just add 2nd shows to some cities
09:38 AM on 02/10/13
chcougar1
User Info.
I'd like to think this problem will change but it has been happening for years and most venues and ticket promoters don't seem to care enough to make a change.

I was baffled how the venue and the company that sells the tickets for them in seattle had no idea what they were talking about. They both said the show was sold out after the pre sale. Only the promoter mikethrasherpresents was able to tell me more would go on sale at 10am on the correct day.
09:39 AM on 02/10/13
chcougar1
User Info.
Couldn't they just add 2nd shows to some cities
Scalpers would buy all of those tickets too
09:43 AM on 02/10/13
nothingxtragic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Scalpers would buy all of those tickets too
Correct, on that a second show would do no good as the tickets would be all bought up again. Were talking about a band who just came off of a hiatus who everyone wants to see the 3,000 capacity venues isn't doing it when a portion of the tickets are going to scalpers.
09:45 AM on 02/10/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Wanna stop scalpers? Take note FoB:

http://www.laughspin.com/2012/07/03/...isk-exclusive/
09:50 AM on 02/10/13
someonelikesam
freakshow
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
at least they acknowledged it. Hopefully I can get one next time
09:50 AM on 02/10/13
Tadg30
Often hated, never duplicated.
User Info.
When the Philly sale opened yesterday, tickets were already sold out. Then when I checked Stubhub a few minutes later, there were nearly 400 tickets listed starting at $135 each. So I guess I'll wait until next time to see them, possibly.
09:53 AM on 02/10/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
i bet 95% of scalpers lose money more then make it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT