Username
Password
Kevin Devine News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Kevin Devine
Inside AP.net

Kevin Devine Record Update

Posted by: Drew Beringer (02/13/13)
Kevin Devine posted a lengthy update regarding his upcoming LPs. He'll be recording the two LPs during the spring and plans on releasing sometime in the fall.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
10:55 AM on 02/13/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Kevin Devine Kickstarter UpdateHey Team,

We're finally easing into the home stretch of what's proved to be a remarkably successful campaign to fund recording, releasing, and touring my/our 7th & 8th records. As we sit around $92K & 1200+ backers, I'm still kinda wrapping my head around the clear-voiced message you sent by exceeding our intended goal in 9 hours. It's the most gratifying/humbling passage of my career to this point, because it's come directly from the people who've made that career and its continual surprises & rewards possible. Thanks isn't complete enough, but it'll have to do for now.

Progress on both records has been constant & encouraging. I've written & demoed 11 songs toward the "solo" record with Rob & 9 towards the "band" record with Jesse, and I feel like it's some of the most free & wide-ranging material I've written to date - I'm stretching, but it all feels very much like me, like us. I'm confident & feel I'm being pushed in challenging & productive ways out of some of traditional comfort zones, certain wheelhouse defaults, and I'm excited for people to hear what we're working on & out. Plan is to record with Rob through March and early April in Los Angeles and with Jesse & The GDB in New York in mid-April through early May, with an eye on having the records out in the fall. Many of those details are still being solidified, so - eyes open.

These last two weeks of fundraising we intend to keep gently reminding people we are still accepting pledges, basically as a pre-order for the two albums, for the limited edition packages available exclusively through the Kickstarter, and for the handful of limited incentives still available to potentially interested parties. Please, feel free to tell your friends they've got two weeks to get involved at this level.

We're in a great & unique position thanks to you to really roll these records out correctly. I have only good feelings about what's coming. Looking forward to transitioning out of the pledge phase and into getting these incentives out to you.

Again - THANK YOU FOR BLOWING OUR MINDS.
xo,KD (&GDB)
11:11 AM on 02/13/13
ACA
pm if you want to meet at Riot-Chi
User Info.
Thank you, Kevin, for being the greatest songwriter of this generation and blowing our minds with each release. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
11:34 AM on 02/13/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Cannot contain excitement
11:59 AM on 02/13/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
Still holding out hope for dem Jesse Lacey guest vox, but I'll be satisfied with this man's music even if it only pans out to contain a bunch of hummingbird sounds and screamed readings of passages from the Hobbit.
12:00 PM on 02/13/13
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
Sweet!
12:14 PM on 02/13/13
baygill
Meow
User Info.
Anything you for you Kev
12:21 PM on 02/13/13
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
This might be a dumb question, but if I don't pledge to buy the album via his kickstarter, will I be given the chance to purchase them later?
12:25 PM on 02/13/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
This might be a dumb question, but if I don't pledge to buy the album via his kickstarter, will I be given the chance to purchase them later?
...Somehow, I imagine so...
12:38 PM on 02/13/13
baygill
Meow
User Info.
Still holding out hope for dem Jesse Lacey guest vox, but I'll be satisfied with this man's music even if it only pans out to contain a bunch of hummingbird sounds and screamed readings of passages from the Hobbit.
somehow I think we're on the same page haha
01:25 PM on 02/13/13
justrockroll
justrockroll
User Info.
yes, the pledge is essentially a pre-order. i'm sure they'll be available on itunes, amazon, etc. on the official release date.
01:40 PM on 02/13/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Amazing
02:19 PM on 02/13/13
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
...Somehow, I imagine so...

Alright. Thanks! I really would love to own these own vinyl but $50 a lot for me to lay down before the deadline hits.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums