Women are always telling me to tone it down sexually
08:23 AM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
KingMax01
Theres no good in your eyes anymore
Alberta, Canada
Male - 21 Years Old
Socialization of gender exists.
Do you think that you can purposefully raise a child in such a way that he turns out to be gay? Gender socialization may exist, but we can't just do away with our innate gender differences. They both determine how an individual develops. You can raise a boy to be respectful of women and not make crude and unwanted remarks to a female, but you can't teach him to no longer have sexual impulses
08:26 AM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
There was a fish in the percolator
Twin Peaks
Male
Do you think that you can purposefully raise a child in such a way that he turns out to be gay? Gender socialization may exist, but we can't just do away with our innate gender differences. They both determine how an individual develops. You can raise a boy to be respectful of women and not make crude and unwanted remarks to a female, but you can't teach him to no longer have sexual impulses

Would castration work?
09:13 AM on 02/12/13 
User Info.
undonesweater93
Abuse of Power Comes as No Surprise
actually i don't have sexual impulses anymore thanks to feminism
04:59 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
KingMax01
Theres no good in your eyes anymore
Alberta, Canada
Male - 21 Years Old
^I feel sorry for you
05:48 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
IntoTheSun
my blood flows harshly
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 21 Years Old
One of the most common things you see in feminism is the idea of forcing men to change their behaviour (on some occasions I might even agree). For example: we need to be less aggressive, we should stop focusing on sex so much etc. But these traits, and many others that feminists want to do away with are evolutionary ingrained in men because it proved beneficial to us. Hating the biology of man just doesn't make sense, and it's pretty much impossible to change

One of the #1 things I get angry about when people argue for evolutionary determinism with supposed innate hetero-dynamics of reproduction, is that they always seem to neglect the fact that there are people who are gay/trans/queer etc. Argue away the entire existence of lesbians, I dare you.
07:06 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
she's a marshmallow
Tralfamadorian
Anomalies in the system. Arguing about evolutionary biological functions has nothing to do with neglecting those who are not heterosexual.
07:18 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
IntoTheSun
my blood flows harshly
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 21 Years Old
oh wow cool "the system," you probably love eugenics too pat on the back
07:21 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
There was a fish in the percolator
Twin Peaks
Male

There are too many people on this planet. We need another plague.
07:26 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
she's a marshmallow
Tralfamadorian

To argue that there are not innate biological difference between the two genders is scientifically incorrect. Likewise, arguing that social determinism is valid is equally absurd.
07:37 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
IntoTheSun
my blood flows harshly
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 21 Years Old
To argue that there are not innate biological difference between the two genders is scientifically incorrect. Likewise, arguing that social determinism is valid is equally absurd.

When you ascribe inherent distinctions between two groups there are value judgements. Please, do explain away why women are inferior to men. Also I don't argue for "determinism" of anything, because it's political and fluid thanks.

Or do you just presume women= vagina and men=penis? Oh wait, let's not forget people who are inter-sex. "ANOMALIES"
07:38 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
IntoTheSun
my blood flows harshly
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 21 Years Old
"lolol she's so mad she's just pmsing look at that biology"
07:38 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
EasySkankin
Male - 22 Years Old
07:45 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
she's a marshmallow
Tralfamadorian
When you ascribe inherent distinctions between two groups there are value judgements. Please, do explain away why women are inferior to men. Also I don't argue for "determinism" of anything, because it's political and fluid thanks.

Or do you just presume women= vagina and men=penis? Oh wait, let's not forget people who are inter-sex. "ANOMALIES"

Did I say women are inferior to men?

I presume that life is going to attempt preservation (as evolution hypothesizes). Therefore, yes non-heterosexuals would be considered anomalies. I think you are finding that dehumanizing on some level but that should be more due to semantics. People who are not heterosexual aren't any less human from my perspective just because they exist outside the biological norm. They are deviations from the normal but that doesn't change the system as a whole.
07:53 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
IntoTheSun
my blood flows harshly
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 21 Years Old
wow yes, bravo gender dynamics/roles have stayed exactly the same over 1000s and 1000s of years! Additionally, women aren't inferior, but somehow oppression and misogyny exists! It must be biology!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets