Username
Password

06:09 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
So I ordered food from Pizza Hut a few nights ago and the total was $16.98, however I looked at my bank statement today and they charged me $19.98.

I realize it's only $3, but some jackass at Pizza Hut probably added a $3 tip for a carryout order.

Anyone have similar experiences. I've already contacted the Pizza Hut store and am awaiting a response. I would talk to my bank but it seems like too much trouble for $3. I don't even really care about the money, but fuck Pizza Hut and their horrible employees
06:15 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 23 Years Old
maybe they charged something twice?
06:32 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
maybe they charged something twice?

no they definitely added the $3... as a tip or something, I'm not 100% but it was added after the fact. I got an email confirmation with the total on it... and they printed out a CC reciept when I picked up the food and it said $16.98 which I signed and totaled at $16.98... The other $3 was added after
06:44 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
That is annoying but if I were you I wouldn't have called. I'd hate to have some poor kid lose his job over $3.
07:07 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Since when is losing $3 dollars a big deal?
07:08 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
fredrico0012
Listen to Less Than Jake
Raleigh, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
You say you'd hate him to get fired over $3 but he just proved he wasn't a trust worthy employee if he is stealing from customers.

He gave up his honor thus you must give up his job.
07:17 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
You say you'd hate him to get fired over $3 but he just proved he wasn't a trust worthy employee if he is stealing from customers.

$3 is very minimal but the kid needs a lesson of what it means to have integrity because without it, you are nothing
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
Since when is losing $3 dollars a big deal?

$3 isn't a big deal. Theft is.
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old

Bingo. Doesn't matter if someone stole a candy bar or a new computer- stealing is stealing.

I remember I ordered one medium pizza and an order of cheesy bread with my cousin from Dominos, and the delivery guy told me it was $24 bucks, and I was like oh.. man.. that's all I have I'm really sorry, so I just gave him that in cash with no tip. When we got inside, we looked at the box and the total printed on it was $13. He literally screwed me out of over 10 dollars and gave me a judgmental look when I couldn't tip him.
07:20 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
$3 isn't a big deal. Theft is.

It was probably an accidental delivery charge.
07:31 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
It was probably an accidental delivery charge.

It wasn't an accidental delivery charge. I have the receipt. The credit card was run AND THEN I got the receipt. The $3 charge was added AFTER the transaction was finalized. The only way it could have been accidental is if the $3 was a tip on another order and they accidentally added it to my order.

I've worked in all sorts of restaurants from pizza places, to casual fast dining, to black tie fine dining, and I know what happened here. I've seen people do this for years. Most people aren't going to notice a couple extra bucks added to their bill... and if they do notice they're probably not going to say anything... I promise you that if this wasn't accidental (which I'm 80% sure it wasn't) then whoever did it, is doing it to LOTS of other people.

It might only be $3 to me, but I guarantee you that the person running the scam is making a lot more than $3.

I knew a guy that would charge every customer for a soft drink no matter what, but never ring up the drink. He'd pocket over a $100 a day easy. If anyone caught him, he'd just say "Oh I'm sorry I must've charged you for a drink by accident"
07:45 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
That is annoying but if I were you I wouldn't have called. I'd hate to have some poor kid lose his job over $3.

He should call. Doing stuff like that is technically illegal. Tbh; as cruel as it sounds, that kid should lose his job over it.'

edit: I would also contact your credit card company... even though its $3 and seems like extra effort -
07:53 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
So I ordered food from Pizza Hut a few nights ago and the total was $16.98, however I looked at my bank statement today and they charged me $19.98.

I realize it's only $3, but some jackass at Pizza Hut probably added a $3 tip for a carryout order.

Anyone have similar experiences. I've already contacted the Pizza Hut store and am awaiting a response. I would talk to my bank but it seems like too much trouble for $3. I don't even really care about the money, but fuck Pizza Hut and their horrible employees
hell, might as well get the $3 back too.
07:56 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
He should call. Doing stuff like that is technically illegal. Tbh; as cruel as it sounds, that kid should lose his job over it.'

edit: I would also contact your credit card company... even though its $3 and seems like extra effort -

I know it's the "right" thing to do - but everybody has done stupid things as a kid (obviously we're assuming this was a teenager working the counter, not an adult - that'd be a whole different story). $3 isn't worth it, in my mind.
07:59 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
I know it's the "right" thing to do - but everybody has done stupid things as a kid (obviously we're assuming this was a teenager working the counter, not an adult - that'd be a whole different story). $3 isn't worth it, in my mind.

.... "assuming"

I really don't think age should play a factor in this at all. I think if you're old enough to have a job, you're old enough to know the basic difference between right and wrong.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos