Male - 26 Years Old
sorrry man, that's a bummer.
02:36 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I lost my 13 1/2 year old dog today. As those of you that follow me on Instagram know, I loved that dog so damn much. I'm lucky I didn't have work today, this really sucks.

I've had him more than half my life, it's gonna be so weird going home with him not there.
Sorry dude. My dog was 13 when she died too. So rough losing a dog at that age cause you know it's old but you've had it so long that it hurts a lot.
03:39 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
Portage, Michigan
Male - 27 Years Old
I lost my 13 1/2 year old dog today. As those of you that follow me on Instagram know, I loved that dog so damn much. I'm lucky I didn't have work today, this really sucks.

I've had him more than half my life, it's gonna be so weird going home with him not there.
Fuck man, that's awful.`
03:58 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member

ugh sorry for your loss Doug. It's one of the worst feelings in the world.
04:13 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
Eich696
JACCPOT
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old

Sorry to here that Doug. I know what it is like to lose a dog that old and it hurts. Hope you're doing alright man.
06:38 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
Sorry dude. My dog was 13 when she died too. So rough losing a dog at that age cause you know it's old but you've had it so long that it hurts a lot.
No doubt, my dog was I think 17 or 18 when he died...so, I went from elementary school through to college graduation. My parents have a new puppy that is awesome, but, it still doesn't make up for the loss.
06:50 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
damn. that is awful. always sucks to lose a pet especially when they've been with you for a majority of your life. stay strong, i know how difficult that can be.
08:07 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
startBBtoday
Thanks guys. It's really sucked, but I also feel lucky to be able to have a dog for that long. I got to say bye to him last night, which was obviously very difficult. This afternoon I would just randomly start crying about it. I don't know if it's normal to take a dog's death this hard, but maybe I'm just a pussy.

Damn I miss him, though.
08:11 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
Eich696
JACCPOT
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Thanks guys. It's really sucked, but I also feel lucky to be able to have a dog for that long. I got to say bye to him last night, which was obviously very difficult. This afternoon I would just randomly start crying about it. I don't know if it's normal to take a dog's death this hard, but maybe I'm just a pussy.

Damn I miss him, though.

Perfectly normal man. My dog is just as much a part of my family as anyone else in it. Honestly, like her more than some of the people in it too haha
08:20 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
about3fitty
Registered Member

Damn I miss him, though.

i think anyone who has had a pet for that amount of time will tell you its normal. they become so much more than just an animal. its part of your family. its like losing a friend. it doesn't make you a pussy.
08:30 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member

Damn I miss him, though.
dude, my dog of 15 years died during my senior year of high school, we had to put her down because she had dementia. I got to say goodbye to her that morning going to school and then I sat in the counselor's office for half the day crying.
08:39 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
startBBtoday
Yeah, I'm really glad I didn't work today. I've been better tonight than I was earlier today. Hope I can make it through tomorrow. I know everyone thinks their dog is the best. But Dodger was the definition of "man's best friend" to me.
09:13 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
Eich696
JACCPOT
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
On a lighter note:

I am going to be out in Huntington Beach for work in mid march. What are some things I should check out/places I should eat while in the area? Definitely want to go to LA.
12:43 AM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
teddy
It's Hard to Find a Friend
WA
Male - 24 Years Old

So sorry, Doug. I went through this a year (and 1 week) ago and it was pretty tough. Hope you're doing okay, buddy.
04:55 AM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Daje Roma. Forza Bradley
OC, Cali
Male
On a lighter note:

I am going to be out in Huntington Beach for work in mid march. What are some things I should check out/places I should eat while in the area? Definitely want to go to LA.
Huntington Beach is nice.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version